Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Platinum E4? Why not the SS E4? Considering they're higher level.
IIRC, the Platinum E4 goes up in level faster as you rematch them repeatedly; Lance's highest-leveled Pokémon in the rematches is level 75, whereas Cynthia's is level 78. Cynthia's Pokémon go up in level if you beat her often enough, though; I'm not sure if Lance's do, but I'd expect him to stay behind Cynthia if you max both of them out in rematch experience.

A bigger consideration, btw, is that you may want to train Pokémon from Platinum on SoulSilver and vice versa, for the 1.5x experience bonus for winning with a traded Pokémon.

What's the Emerald starting seed number for RNG Reporter?

I mean, I know that Emerald resets the RNG to 0 every time you turn it on, but if I want to search the RNG Reporter for a list of stats for Method 1 Pokemon in Emerald, what number do I plug into the seed number box?

Now I'm guessing it's "0" (zero), but I wanna make sure that's right.

Thanks!

EDIT: I already checked the Smogon RNG.Emerald guide for information on what to plug into RNG Reporter for it to calculate all the Emerald stats, but unless I'm completely blind, I didn't see where it said "plug this number into RNG Reporter in order to get these stats". And Google wasn't any help either. Plus I don't have a copy of RNG Reporter in front of me right now to test out any of my own findings either.

The Latias Suspect Test was open to anyone who wished to participate.

When it came to discussion of reforming the suspect testing process (Salamence will be the first tested under the new system), I was one who favoured retaining the openness and democracy of the old system, in part to head off accusations of cliqueism. But then we get idiots like yourself claiming those who put serious time and effort into investigating the effects of Latias are "smogon elitists locked themselves in a room and voted to ban it.". So it's pretty clear that openness does not head off such remarks.

Well, this might not be a popular view on my part, but wouldn't it be better to weigh the views of experienced pokemon vets more than those who just play the game leisurely and don't really know much about competitive pokemon battling for the sake of tiering pokemon? You'd wind up with pokemon being voted up just 'cause they're cute or wound up on the latest episode of the anime!

EDIT:

So I just bought a heart gold. How far into the game do you have to go before you can d/l mystery gifts?
Right away. Unlocked by default.

On a random tangent, Bamce, I like your avatar.

Right away. Unlocked by default.

On a random tangent, Bamce, I like your avatar.
Hmm well its not "right" away, I might have to get through all the intro stuff. As I literally just came down the stairs and saved.

Yeah mawile is pretty awesome. Unfortunately useless though :(

Hmm well its not "right" away, I might have to get through all the intro stuff. As I literally just came down the stairs and saved.

Yeah mawile is pretty awesome. Unfortunately useless though :(
You probably have to get to the point where you can trade/buy Poke Balls (which I think is either right after beating your rival or getting back to the lab and giving him a name). Everything else seems to start at that point, like the kids having a Pokemon battle.

Is Hidden Power Grass viable on Milotic in OU? I mean, sure Electric slams Gyarados, but Swampert is a decent kill too, no?

Also, is this spread on a Bold Milotic defensively balanced enough for OU: 252 HP/152 Def/4 Spd/6 SAtk/96 SDef?
Milotic will probably always want HP Electric in OU...mostly for Gyarados and Empoleon, against whom it lacks an effective means to do damage with HP Grass. In UU it's different; Lanturn and odd things like Quagsire make HP Grass more useful. But Swampert will be generally um...out-bulked by Milotic, and has no way of recovering the damage from Surf.

Also, the EV spread...um, what are the four speed EVs for exactly? Using a Bold nature and only 152 Defense EVs and 96 Special Defense isn't totally economical...it reaches 255 Def and 310 SpD with those EVs - whilst a Calm nature with 244 EVs in Def and the remaining 4 EVs in SpD brings those stats to 255 Def and 315 SpD. Basically it's more efficient to use Natures to boost a Pokemon's highest stat...

Should mixed Sceptile be Hasty (-def) or Naive (-sp.def)? I know what the strategydex suggests, I'm asking for your opinion.

More sp.def means he takes the following attacks better,
Thunderbolt
Surf/Hydro Pump
Earth Power
special grass moves
Ice Beams/special fire moves/etc. that do not OHKO

More physical defense means he takes the following attacks better,
Earthquake
Waterfall/Aqua Jet
physical grass moves
Random super effective moves that do not OHKO

I'm leaning towards Hasty.

Keep in mind that Sceptile naturally has 40 more points of sp.def with a neutral nature than a neutral nature physical def (166 def vs. 206 sp.def).

From the Lucario analysis:

Gyarados and Salamence are big problems if Lucario lacks Stone Edge or, in the case of Salamence, Ice Punch.

If Stone Edge and Ice Punch are absent, Salamence can switch into Lucario thanks to Intimidate, survive a boosted ExtremeSpeed, and OHKO with a brutal Earthquake or Fire Blast.
I don't understand how an Ice Punch Lucario is any different in facing a Salamence than a Stone Edge/Crunch Salamence. In both cases, Lucario is outsped and OHKOed by Flamethrower or Earthquake. You may be able to predict the switch and OHKO with Ice Punch, but you can do any other move (assuming you have +2 Atk) as it switches in and still OHKO with ExtremeSpeed. So there is no way to beat Salamence with SD Lucario if it switches in as you Swords Dance because not even +2 ExtremeSpeed will OHKO after SR. Though it does has an extremely small chance to OHKO after Sandstorm damage.

I'm planning to master the art of pokemon breeding before I begin to competetively play wifi.

Is this a good idea, and what should be my first step?
If yu have a lot of free time and patience it can be a good idea. Firstly you should probably think of what pokemon you want on your team and what pokemon can breed to make it.

Is there some kind of Make Friends Thread? Or do I just have to wait for Tutors to open? No one I talk to seems to want to chat (about Pokémon).
edit- i just want more experience with my team, like consisent feedback

Ok thanks jumpluff!

those chats are boring

I don't understand how an Ice Punch Lucario is any different in facing a Salamence than a Stone Edge/Crunch Salamence. In both cases, Lucario is outsped and OHKOed by Flamethrower or Earthquake. You may be able to predict the switch and OHKO with Ice Punch, but you can do any other move (assuming you have +2 Atk) as it switches in and still OHKO with ExtremeSpeed. So there is no way to beat Salamence with SD Lucario if it switches in as you Swords Dance because not even +2 ExtremeSpeed will OHKO after SR. Though it does has an extremely small chance to OHKO after Sandstorm damage.
I'm not sure if it mentions in the analysis, but Ice Punch Lucario should always be Jolly, allowing it to outspeed and KO neutral-natured Salamence and Gliscor. Like anyone runs those anymore. But...yeh...

Should mixed Sceptile be Hasty (-def) or Naive (-sp.def)? I know what the strategydex suggests, I'm asking for your opinion.
I'd go with Hasty...Smogon tends to suggest -SpD natures, due to the more physically-orientated nature of the metagame (due to Blisseys :/ ). However there are some cases where -Def is a lot more beneficial, and this is probably one of them.

I'd go with Hasty...Smogon tends to suggest -SpD natures, due to the more physically-orientated nature of the metagame (due to Blisseys :/ ). However there are some cases where -Def is a lot more beneficial, and this is probably one of them.
Thank you for the reply, but I gave up on waiting for a response and decided upon Naive and already fully trained the Sceptile after doing damage calcs against things like timid LO Manectric thunderbolt etc. and finding that the sp.def drop was a bit less significant than vice versa, and taking into consideration the number of EQs he'll switch into, the relatively equal spread of physical and special water attacks, and the concern of physical priority.

It's not a dramatic difference either way, I don't expect him to be crippled by either choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)