Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ tst293 - manually download Datel's AR Code Manager software. You can google it.
Plug in your AR, click the Mouse button, and open the Code Manager. your AR codes should be listed on the left.
To add a new cheat just drag a game from the bottom right box to the left column. it should update itself then.
Downloaded AR Code Manager but the computer still wont install the NDS Link.

And I think you misunderstood me with my other question; my problem is I cant add own cheats :p

If I clone my Hitmontop with Pokesav, is it legit then?
Or is it made with Pokesav?
Because the most players are using a AR.

I need to know if cloning with Pokesav is legit.

Thanks.

If you clonse your Hitmontop with Pokesav its still made with Pokesav. But its not a problem as long as its a "legal" hack. Like not a hack with 255 EVs in all stats of a pkmn with an attack it can learn.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

This is what happened to me on Shoddy Battle
Syko666: me
carlosisrad: my opponent

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
carlosisrad sent out Brojask (lvl 100 Ninjask ?).
Syko666 sent out Abomasnow (lvl 100 Abomasnow ?).
Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
Hail began to fall!
Syko666 switched in Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
Brojask used Swords Dance.
Brojask's attack was sharply raised.
The hail continues to fall.
Brojask is pelted by hail!
Brojask lost 6% of its health.
Brojask's Speed Boost raised its speed!
---
Brojask used Protect.
Brojask protected itself!
Froslass used Thunder Wave.
---
Brojask is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Froslass used Substitute.
Froslass lost 25% of its health.
Froslass made a substitute!
BROJASK USED BATON PASS
carlosisrad switched in Brorachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Brorachi is pelted by hail!
Brorachi lost 6% of its health.
Froslass's leftovers restored its health a little!
Froslass restored 6% of its health.
---
Brorachi used Iron Head.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Froslass!
Froslass's substitute faded!
Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
---
Syko666 switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Brorachi used Iron Head.
Gliscor lost 73% of its health.
Gliscor is pelted by hail!
Gliscor lost 6% of its health.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.

Jirachi then raped my whole team with boosted Iron Head. I'd like

to know why jirachi didn't suffer from the the speed drop from the baton passed paralysis.. was that because of ninjask speed boost? i searched everywhere for an explanation but found none..i was sure i'd move first and bring it down with earthquake or something else

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND SORRY FOR THE LOOONG POST

If you clonse your Hitmontop with Pokesav its still made with Pokesav. But its not a problem as long as its a "legal" hack. Like not a hack with 255 EVs in all stats of a pkmn with an attack it can learn.
But most people don't want Pokémon that are made by Pokesav, because it's so easy and done in 10 seconds, and then you have a great pokémon.

But everyone is cloning with a AR, is there any difference between cloning with a AR or Pokesav.

Sorry, but i would like to know it for sure if cloning with pokesav is legit here at Smogon or that I need a AR to clone [Legit].

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

This is what happened to me on Shoddy Battle
Syko666: me
carlosisrad: my opponent

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
carlosisrad sent out Brojask (lvl 100 Ninjask ?).
Syko666 sent out Abomasnow (lvl 100 Abomasnow ?).
Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
Hail began to fall!
Syko666 switched in Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
---
Brojask used Protect.
---
Brojask is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Froslass used Substitute.
Froslass lost 25% of its health.
Froslass made a substitute!
BROJASK USED BATON PASS
carlosisrad switched in Brorachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
---
Brorachi used Iron Head.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Froslass!
Froslass's substitute faded!
Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
---
Syko666 switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Brorachi used Iron Head.
Gliscor lost 73% of its health.
Gliscor is pelted by hail!
Gliscor lost 6% of its health.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.

Jirachi then raped my whole team with boosted Iron Head. I'd like

to know why jirachi didn't suffer from the the speed drop from the baton passed paralysis.. was that because of ninjask speed boost? i searched everywhere for an explanation but found none..i was sure i'd move first and bring it down with earthquake or something else

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND SORRY FOR THE LOOONG POST
Baton passing does not pass on status ailments, only stat boosts or drops! So jirachi was never affected by paralysis in the first place.

But most people don't want Pokémon that are made by Pokesav, because it's so easy and done in 10 seconds, and then you have a great pokémon.

But everyone is cloning with a AR, is there any difference between cloning with a AR or Pokesav.

Sorry, but i would like to know it for sure if cloning with pokesav is legit here at Smogon or that I need a AR to clone [Legit].
I think it is pretty much the same, as long as you literally clone it (e.g. save the .pkm file and then load it into another slot.) Do NOT just copy all the details and create a new Pokemon because then it is hacked.

Baton passing does not pass on status ailments, only stat boosts or drops! So jirachi was never affected by paralysis in the first place.

I think it is pretty much the same, as long as you literally clone it (e.g. save the .pkm file and then load it into another slot.) Do NOT just copy all the details and create a new Pokemon because then it is hacked.
Yes Yes, I mean that.
Save the Pokémon, and then load it at a other slot.
But to be sure, I will ask everyone, and if they do not agree[what i understand], then I will ask someone else with a AR.

Thanks!

@Timo: You can clone via AR on your R4. Don't know how to put in on an R4, but you can google that.

Btw, don't know if this is the correct place to discuss this, but I wonder.
Why doesn't anyone use LO/SpecsMence anymore? I know that DD and stuff hits a lot harder, but the element of surprise works really nice.
I've just built a new team with LOMence, and it's pure awesomeness. People don't know how to handle it at first and so it just punches through teams.

And know we're talking about forgotten stuff, wasn't there a CMBliss for OU? I've tried to make my own set, and surprisingly, it works really good. Unprepared teams can suffer heavy damage from a CMBliss.

the thing about specs mence is that blissey wall him to death, and a mixed set is more dangerous because its hitting almost has hard with draco meteor but can atack on the physical side too.

Does anyone know where I can get the EV-lowering berries such as the Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato? I think most of them are easily obtainable in the RSE cartridge, but is there any other places besides that?

If I use an EXP share to lvl my pokemon, delete the unwanted EVs he got and EV train him to the correct EVs, are his stats the same as if I had trained him alone by fighting pokemon?

Does anyone know where I can get the EV-lowering berries such as the Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato? I think most of them are easily obtainable in the RSE cartridge, but is there any other places besides that?
In Diamond, Pearl and Platinum you can get them from the Berry Master.
In Heart Gold and Soul Silver, the Juggler in Fuchsia has most of them, and Erika's Victreebel has a Kelpsy Berry as a held items. There are also Pokewalker Courses that have them.

In any version, you can win them from the Pal Park catching games.

I just bought an Action Replay DSi, and I'm using it on a normal Nintendo DS. It says unknown game when I try to use it for my Pokemon Diamond. Anyone know how to fix this? I go to the Pokemon Diamond Codes Screen and press start to boot the game, but nothing happens.

I just bought an Action Replay DSi, and I'm using it on a normal Nintendo DS. It says unknown game when I try to use it for my Pokemon Diamond. Anyone know how to fix this? I go to the Pokemon Diamond Codes Screen and press start to boot the game, but nothing happens.
The fix is to get the normal Action Replay for DS. The DSi version will only work with a Nintendo DSi, not with the normal DS. Take your receipt and return in the Action Replay DSi and get the normal version instead. Other option is to buy a Nintendo DSi, which would be a more expensive choice. I wouldn't recommend the latter method though, as the normal Nintendo DS isn't any more disadvantageous than the DSi and has backward compatibility, unlike the DSi.

The package says its compatible with a DS, DS lite, and DSi though o-o
Oh yeah, it does. Okay, then maybe check the code? You might have different version for the code. If that's not the issue, then I'm not sure what would be the cause of problem.

Can anyone help me? Do I need to install it to my computer or something first? I would really like to know how to use it. I can't find any guides online on how to use a AR DSi

Can anyone help me? Do I need to install it to my computer or something first? I would really like to know how to use it. I can't find any guides online on how to use a AR DSi
You don't need to install the program into your computer unless you're planning to add new codes. The Action Replay DSi should already have the codes for most DS games. Can you specifically tell us step-by-step the way you were using the DSi? When you press start to boot the game did you made sure to switch to the Pokemon Diamond cartridge? If you did that, then maybe you have to check if you chose the US version for the code. If that wasn't the issue, then try installing the software, connect your AR DSi to your computer, then do the update and maybe it will fix the issue.

Here's an online guide for the DSi if you're interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG94Qduj2Gw
There are other videos you can look. This was just an example.

I put the AR with Pokemon Diamond already in the AR. I turned on the DS. Went to Codes, it said unknown game. Went to Pokemon Diamond. Selected the codes I wanted. Pressed the start button, not on screen, the actual button on my ds right above select. The top screen went white after about 10 seconds, and nothing happened. Does this matter? I bought my Pokemon Diamond in Vietnam, but the game is in English. Stuff like GTS, Wi-fi all work.

I put the AR with Pokemon Diamond already in the AR. I turned on the DS. Went to Codes, it said unknown game. Went to Pokemon Diamond. Selected the codes I wanted. Pressed the start button, not on screen, the actual button on my ds right above select. The top screen went white after about 10 seconds, and nothing happened. Does this matter? I bought my Pokemon Diamond in Vietnam, but the game is in English. Stuff like GTS, Wi-fi all work.
Is your issue similar to this? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091208203350AAuaVUr
That person was suggested to reset the Action Replay DSi using the code manager. So it seems you should install the software and connect it up to your AR DSi. Try the update or the reset from there. Tell us the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)