Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, another question. Is it possible to overlap mystery gifts? Like, if I decide to wait to pick up my Jirachi until I have a good movepool/nature decided for it, and I've gotten at least somewhat decent at competitive battling, but there's also another mystery gift available, can I activate the second one and still pick up my Jirachi afterward?
Yep, you can have up to three Wonder Cards in your game. I'll use a personal example: My Pearl currently has Wonder Cards for Manaphy, Arceus and Shiny Pichu. I've picked up the Manaphy but have yet to pick up the other two. If I wanted to get Jirachi I'd have to delete the Manaphy Wonder Card to pick the Jirachi one up. If another event were to happen afterwards, I'd need to pick up Arceus so I could delete its Wonder Card to make room for the new one.

They're picked up in the order they were recieved.

OK Here is a question. I need a good breeder. The one that I've been using for the past 2 yrs has quit due to personal reasons. So i'm left looking for a new one. Could you point me to someone please?

If your pokemon will compete at level 50, does it matter if your IVs are 30 or 31?
(Battle Frontier question.)
Yes, it affects the number of EVs you need to spend to bump them up one stat point. An IV of 30 doesn't matter in stats you don't plan to EV, but if you do want to EV a particular stat, an IV of 31 lets you save 4 EVs, or to get the full 17-point boost from putting in 252 EVs (best you can do with an IV of 30 is to gain 16 stat points with 248 EVs).

What order should I follow?
-Training EVs
-Evolve with Stones (or natural means)
-Give Proteins, Zinc, etc.
-Teach moves
Vitamins (Protein, Zinc, etc.) give EVs, so you should use them as part of your EV training. In order to work correctly, they have to be given before EV training via fainting things.

When you should teach moves varies. Egg moves obviously have to come before anything else; level-up moves should be taught when the Pokémon naturally hits the required level (whether before, after, or during EV training) if it passes the level in the course of doing other things, or after EV training if you need to level it up to the level in question just for the move. TMs can be given any time; give them early if you need the move to help you EV train (e.g. the Pokémon you're training can't OHKO a Starly or Bidoof without them), or otherwise wait until just before evolution, or even after evolution if the TM works on both the unevolved and evolved Pokémon, in case you change your mind about the moveset. Evolution should normally come after all move-teaching, unless you need to evolve the Pokémon to learn the move, because many moves become impossible to teach to a Pokémon after it's evolved (e.g. you want to repeatedly cancel the evolution of a Shroomish until it's levelled up enough to learn Spore, because Breloom has no way to learn Spore unless it knew it as a Shroomish).

How do you use the Export to Text option on the Team Builder in shoddy battle? I click OK but nothing happens.
Copy-and-paste the team into a program like Notepad (or the equivalent on other operating systems).

I don't know what sort of response I might get here or if this is the right place for it. But, I was wondering, what sort of team does an Umbreon do fairly well on?

stall teams if only for the fact umbreon only work on stall, and even on stall its kinda hard to use because of scizor, Lucario and machamp running around OU.

just reposting a question from a bit ago

im making a defensive duo for UU
which should i use:
tangrowth and grumpig (tangrowth as physical wall, maybe with SD, grumpig as special wall with Calm Mind and thick fat)
tangrowth and hypno (same stuff for both of them, only i lose thick fat and gain wish)
Weezing and Skuntank (weezing as physical wall, skuntank to trap psychics)

also, can golbat work as a UU lead?

Yes, it affects the number of EVs you need to spend to bump them up one stat point. An IV of 30 doesn't matter in stats you don't plan to EV, but if you do want to EV a particular stat, an IV of 31 lets you save 4 EVs, or to get the full 17-point boost from putting in 252 EVs (best you can do with an IV of 30 is to gain 16 stat points with 248 EVs).
Okay, thank you for that! I definitely had a major misconception there. oh well, I'm going to get a perfect Vaporeon anyways. I already have an Eevee with 31-x-x-x-31-31 and I have the next spread picked out. i just need a male togetic w/ Wish to breed onto a male Pikachu to breed onto the next RNG'd Eevee.

I'd have to look it up and probably am going to anyways, but when does togepi learn wish? or does it learn it at the same time as togetic? lv28? I'm going to look it up on serebii so you don't HAVE to answer this one.

the PID i am going to use is: 9DC1BB17
Also, how do you find better seed+frame combo than B00A073E
Frame: 10
A/31/31/31/A/A

the best I can do is RNG Breed twice for the pokemon I want. once to get triple perfect stats, then to use it in a future egg generation to get sextuple perfect stats by inheriting the three then getting three more 31's. is this the only way to do this if your parents have unknown IVs or x-x-x-x-x-x? What I do to search is to set the Parents IVs all to zero except for the 3 previously RNG'd stats and search for the other three perfect IVs.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
got a question about how transform works

Does statchanges still affect the transform using pokemon after it used transform, like would a +6 atk ditto that transforms into gyarados still have the boost after transforming?

And if i transform into a pokemon with boosted stats would i also receive the stat boost?

In breeding does the offspring have a bigger chance to inherit the "mother's"(male scyther w/ditto) ability? I've breed 10 adamant scythers and they all have swarm!

as far i know the ability is totally random, i had the same problem with my scyther in HGSS but i am pretty sure its just bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)