Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

ok I downloaded and everything but everytime I go to get online and connect to any server it asks for my password for that server. I never set up a password....

and whatever I type in it automatically says error connecting to server...? What gives? Is this something to do with my security settings or something?

EDIT: Sorry for the above double post. I figured out my problem and i'm up and running

Ok, serious n00b question here, I'm embarrassed to even ask as obviously everyone knows but me:

To battle online, the level limit is 50, right? So if I wanted to use Ubers or OU or whatever includes the few pokemon that evolve after level 50, would I be unable too? Or would my level be capped down like in the Battle Frontier?

Thanks so much for the patience, I've been looking all over for this answer, even posting this question is my last resort.

Ok, serious n00b question here, I'm embarrassed to even ask as obviously everyone knows but me:

To battle online, the level limit is 50, right? So if I wanted to use Ubers or OU or whatever includes the few pokemon that evolve after level 50, would I be unable too? Or would my level be capped down like in the Battle Frontier?

Thanks so much for the patience, I've been looking all over for this answer, even posting this question is my last resort.

What are you using to battle? Pokemon online or wifi? Because pokemon can be scaled up to level 100 in wifi battles and pokemon are automatically level 100 in pokemon online. However in the battle frontier pokemon are scaled to level 50.

What are you using to battle? Pokemon online or wifi? Because pokemon can be scaled up to level 100 in wifi battles and pokemon are automatically level 100 in pokemon online. However in the battle frontier pokemon are scaled to level 50.
Oh? (Thanks by the way for the quick reply!)

Is my information correct in that Pokemon Online is the fanmade MMO?

I would be using Wifi, to be honest I've been too nervous to even try it. That must sound super lame @.@;; I haven't gotten around to raising a strait 50 team, in case I could just use whatever I happen to have:
Just single player parties, usually ranging from 50-60some.

So if I went Wi-fi, would I have some options like 50s, 100s, ect? And when I pick one my levels are all scaled down or up?

Not so simple question,

The ability SIMPLE doubles the effectiveness of stat modifiers. However when I asked around a long time ago regarding it I was told some pretty interesting things. Seems it does some other unmentioned things.

1) If you have SIMPLE and get a SUPER EFFECTIVE hit it is x4, not x2. Any confirmation on this?

2) SIMPLE does not double the stages of FOCUS ENERGY (confirmed). But if you have SIMPLE and get a CRITICAL hit it is x4, not x2. Any confirmation on this?

Please show sources or evidence if you can.

darn cause i was going to use shednija and another pokemon in a double battle. so who's ability would i copy if i went in a double battle with trace?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not so simple question,

The ability SIMPLE doubles the effectiveness of stat modifiers. However when I asked around a long time ago regarding it I was told some pretty interesting things. Seems it does some other unmentioned things.

1) If you have SIMPLE and get a SUPER EFFECTIVE hit it is x4, not x2. Any confirmation on this? It is x2, Simple doesn't affect the uhhh... Super Effectiveness of a move.

2) SIMPLE does not double the stages of FOCUS ENERGY (confirmed). But if you have SIMPLE and get a CRITICAL hit it is x4, not x2. Any confirmation on this? This is correct.

Please show sources or evidence if you can. Here you go!

Not so simple question,

1) If you have SIMPLE and get a SUPER EFFECTIVE hit it is x4, not x2. Any confirmation on this? It is x2, Simple doesn't affect the uhhh... Super Effectiveness of a move.

2) SIMPLE does not double the stages of FOCUS ENERGY (confirmed). But if you have SIMPLE and get a CRITICAL hit it is x4, not x2. Any confirmation on this? This is correct.

Please show sources or evidence if you can. Here you go!
Thanks a million.

Yamazuki said:
Oh? (Thanks by the way for the quick reply!)

Is my information correct in that Pokemon Online is the fanmade MMO?

I would be using Wifi, to be honest I've been too nervous to even try it. That must sound super lame @.@;; I haven't gotten around to raising a strait 50 team, in case I could just use whatever I happen to have:
Just single player parties, usually ranging from 50-60some.

So if I went Wi-fi, would I have some options like 50s, 100s, ect? And when I pick one my levels are all scaled down or up?
The Pokemon Online everyone here talks about is a battle simulator; you can build a team with whatever Pokemon you want, and they can have any moves, IV's, EV's, anything. It's MUCH easier then making a team in-game, and Pokemon Online even includes the new 5th gen Pokemon :) Although it's slightly glitchy.

According to Serebii, choosing either Level 50 or Level 100 battle changes every Pokemon's levels to either level 50 or level 100, whichever option you chose. You can also do Free Battle, which doesn't change any Pokemon's levels. Serebii said this in the Platinum section; it should also be true for HeartGold and SoulSilver, but it may be different in Diamond or Pearl. Does that help? Don't be afraid to ask questions, without asking you'll never know the answer. I didn't know about the Wi-Fi levels until I looked it up just now :)

Yamazuki, auramaster is right. We should not be embarassed to ask questions. Nobody born knowing everything, right?

And dont be afraid to play wi fi, its just a game dude, wtf?

Will every single Pokemon in Gen IV get an analysis on its merits? I know there are base forms useless in Little Cup, but Spinda and Luvdisc got the Luxury to be analyzed for standard play.

According to Serebii, choosing either Level 50 or Level 100 battle changes every Pokemon's levels to either level 50 or level 100, whichever option you chose. You can also do Free Battle, which doesn't change any Pokemon's levels. Serebii said this in the Platinum section; it should also be true for HeartGold and SoulSilver, but it may be different in Diamond or Pearl. Does that help? Don't be afraid to ask questions, without asking you'll never know the answer. I didn't know about the Wi-Fi levels until I looked it up just now :)
Yamazuki, auramaster is right. We should not be embarassed to ask questions. Nobody born knowing everything, right?

And dont be afraid to play wi fi, its just a game dude, wtf?
Har! Thank you both! =D That answers all my questions, it just seemed like such a simple answer I thought I was the only guy in the world who didn't know!

I'm excited to begin battling online soon, hopefully you shall be seeing more of the Mountain Fist! *Excitement!*

Also, it's more than just a game! It's a way of life!!! Ok well, maybe not. But I still don't want to get flamed on the inter-webs by some 12 year old on my first battle >.>;;;

I was resetting for a Jirachi and I'm happy with the one I got, but of course its not perfect (i suck at RNG). So how can i make it an optimal EV spread?

I was resetting for a Jirachi and I'm happy with the one I got, but of course its not perfect (i suck at RNG). So how can i make it an optimal EV spread?
Look up what pokemon give the EVs that you want, and then find one that is very common in a certain area and that you can kill in one hit. I always use serebii's pokedex for this. You also may want to use a macho brace since it doubles the EVs gained and halves the amount of time that you need to spend EV'ing. Then start killing the pokemon and record the number of EVs that you have every time you get a kill. Continue until you have the desired EVs for that stat, and then repeat for the others.

There's a thread on it. It isn't complete, but very accurate. Oh, & don't make consecutive posts without a civil reason. Use the edit button if you have to.
They were completely unrelated and I didn't think the question would be recognized if I didn't make a separate post for it. I'm sorry if that's wrong; I do understand that there is supposed to be no double posting.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
They were completely unrelated and I didn't think the question would be recognized if I didn't make a separate post for it. I'm sorry if that's wrong; I do understand that there is supposed to be no double posting.
It could. Just notify you edited the post by saying something like EDIT: (Whatever you want to say) on a new paragraph for your post. :)

EDIT: Like this.

Im thinking about using Crobat's Mean Look to catch some pokemons more easily. Is it worth? Which pokemon that flees in battle arent affected by it?

Look up what pokemon give the EVs that you want, and then find one that is very common in a certain area and that you can kill in one hit. I always use serebii's pokedex for this. You also may want to use a macho brace since it doubles the EVs gained and halves the amount of time that you need to spend EV'ing. Then start killing the pokemon and record the number of EVs that you have every time you get a kill. Continue until you have the desired EVs for that stat, and then repeat for the others.
thanks for the reply, but its not quite what i meant. EV training is easy, making ev spreads is what i needed to know but i think i found my answer elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)