Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

what can anyone tell me about the 'hack game' Pokemon Naranja for advanced? can i trade off it? if so, are the pokes caught on this game legit? can i use link battle? any info you guys can give would be great. all i know is its supposedly incredibly rare.

I see, and I'm trying to RNG thing but it's so complicated XD Anyway links that explains it simpler with pictures or something?
Look up Bearsfan092 on youtube for HG/SS. If you're not using HG/SS, just look up RNG DPPt or something similar and I'm sure you'll find something.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
what can anyone tell me about the 'hack game' Pokemon Naranja for advanced? can i trade off it? if so, are the pokes caught on this game legit? can i use link battle? any info you guys can give would be great. all i know is its supposedly incredibly rare.
'hack games' would not be seen as legit ways to get pokemon for trading. You would need an official game, even if not necessarily an actual game cartridge.

I see, and I'm trying to RNG thing but it's so complicated XD Anyway links that explains it simpler with pictures or something?
Look under in-game on the Smogon main page. There are good articles there.

Can anyone help me with the RNG Reporter? I'm trying to capture the perfect IV pokemon and manage to do the calibration, then tried to find the time but that's where I'm lost.

God something's wrong with me these days. I've been doing some RNG in Platinum for breeding pokemon. I know the IVs of both parents and the hatched pokemon. I'm supposed to "hatch my pokemon and narrow down its IVs enough to find out which frame I hit." I just can't seem to find the frame: I've gone all the way up to frame 2000 looking. To be sure, I've locked in the nature and ability, and when I boot up my game, the journal appears. I quit the journal, talk to the day care man to get the egg, hatch the egg, calculate its IVs, and then see what frame I've hit. I can't find it. Can someone please help me?

Athenodoros

Can anyone help me with the RNG Reporter? I'm trying to capture the perfect IV pokemon and manage to do the calibration, then tried to find the time but that's where I'm lost.
There are good guides to RNG abuse on site, which cover the use of the RNG Reporter. Look here.

God something's wrong with me these days. I've been doing some RNG in Platinum for breeding pokemon. I know the IVs of both parents and the hatched pokemon. I'm supposed to "hatch my pokemon and narrow down its IVs enough to find out which frame I hit." I just can't seem to find the frame: I've gone all the way up to frame 2000 looking. To be sure, I've locked in the nature and ability, and when I boot up my game, the journal appears. I quit the journal, talk to the day care man to get the egg, hatch the egg, calculate its IVs, and then see what frame I've hit. I can't find it. Can someone please help me?
Ask in the RNG help thread in the Wifi forum. Although I can tell you that in some games (not sure which, although I think it might be all 4th gen) opening the diary moves the RNG, so you will need to take that into account.

The version that they gave me is different from the pictures they give. I'm doing it wrong every time and I just need more information on what to do.

Athenodoros

If you are having RNG trouble, then the best idea is to ask in the RNG help thread in the Wifi section. Although, to start with, make sure you have the latest version of RNG Reporter, and try just going by what the buttons say rather than where they are on the screen.

Does anyone know why Magic Mirror can't be selected as an ability for Espeon on PO?

EDIT: Now that I mention it, none of the Eeveelutions have DW abilities on PO.

Well for a lead I suggest something fast, something that can prevent your opponent from setting up (their own weather, in this case rain / Stealth Rock as most Sunny Day sweepers can miss that / ...). An example is Ambipom. Holding Heat Rock and a moveset of Fake Out / Taunt / Sunny Day /U-turn you'll have a solid lead to start things off with. Obviously you'll need a secondary pokemon that can set up Sun for your team later in the game. A good pokemon for this is Uxie. It's bulk allows it to set up sun multiple times if needed. It can also set up Stealth Rock and dual screens to add more team support. As for as sweepers go you'll most likely want to try a Cholorophyl sweeper and a powerful Fire type monster, as they both get boosted by the sunlight. Good examples are SD Tangrowth and Choice Specs Typhlosion (Specs Eruption can really devistate, this is why the prevention of Stealth Rock can help). They can both hit hard from a side of the spectrum. LO Exeggutor would make a fine late game sweeper with his ability to spam STAB SolarBeams, those who resist are hit hard by a STAB Psychic or a sun boosted Hidden Power [Fire]. Sleep Powder can give you that extra turn. Lastly you could use a pokemon that could benefit from the drop in power from Water attacks. A nice example here is something like Rock Polish / SD Rhyperior (also has Solid Rock to weaken it even more).

In NU you can use the same strategy but with different pokemon. Persian (or Purugly) would make fine leads. Tropius can be a decent SD sweeper (or you could try to put a Choice Specs on him and abuse Solar Power. Etc...

If breeding with a Ditto, does the Ditto HAVE to hold the Everstone for nature breeding, or can the other parent do it too? (This is in SS, if it matters.)
~Uiru

if i remember correctly then the everstone must be hold by the female pokemon. in ditto case he counts as the female so i suppose ditto MUST be the one holding.

unless of course this was changed in HGSS.

edit: athenodoros@ yeah i though so. would be weird if it had changed for no good reason.

Competitively, if I have a Raikou with HP Ice 70, is that not desirable for the offensive booster set (CM/TBolt/Shadow Ball/HP)? I accidentally got HP Ice instead. Is it a viable option to keep this on him? Grass is mainly for Swampert right? I was thinking of pairing this with Rotom-C anyway

Also, Raikou is still wandering in my soulsilver so I could always catch that one with HP Grass and make this one into Substitute/CM/TBolt/HP Ice. But is that still any use in Gen IV?

Competitively, if I have a Raikou with HP Ice 70, is that not desirable for the offensive booster set (CM/TBolt/Shadow Ball/HP)? I accidentally got HP Ice instead. Is it a viable option to keep this on him? Grass is mainly for Swampert right? I was thinking of pairing this with Rotom-C anyway?
Although Grass is prefered, HP Ice still is a good option Raikou, because BoltBeam is a solid combination. The type you want depends on your team, or with which pokemon you might have problems with.
Although you might use Rotom-c Swampert isn't going to switch into or stay in against it, unless it is used as death fodder.
Since you can get another Raikou, you must also consider HP Fighting as an option to hit Tyranitar and the likes with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)