Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is going to sound like a dumb question but I keep getting diff answeres from my friends. Does fighting a trainer give Ev's to pokemon?

EX: my chansey kills a trainers ponyta and gets exp. Does it get 1 speed EV even though ponyta isnt wild?

Also if my pokemon has macho brace and pokerus and a pokemon gives 2 speed EVs does it get 8 total? and 4 total with just pokerus?
1st Part: Yes

2nd Part: Yes, 2x2 (Brace) x2 (Rus)

3rd Part: Yes

When you have really high HP, it's typically more effective to put EVs in defenses. If you have a lower HP base stat, that's when it's more imporant to put EVs in HP.
So, by this logic, Espeon doesn't get Def EVs but instead takes them in HP, right? I never really understood why standard EspyJump got SpDef EVs but no Def EVs, even though his SpDef is already sizable and he is more threatened by physical attacks. I suppose, though, that you would only keep Espy in play when he could survive, so Def EVs are almost unnecessary. I'm just confused. Help?

Espeon isn't meant to take physical attacks and SDef Evs help it set up in front of special pokemon which is EspyJump's intended purpose.

This question is not too simple, it requires some knowledge of the GTS's inner workings.

Say we hack Seismic Toss onto Blissey. What is to diffrentiate it from a legit Blissey with Seismic Toss when we go on the GTS? Is it the fact that it's from Hoenn or Kanto as opposed to Blissey from Sinnoh? They say they check movesets, but do they not check the Tutored Battle Moves like Counter, Double-Edge, Explosion, and Seismic Toss?

By the way, tacking onto yesterday's question of "Is Counter affected by Defense," is Counter affected by typing? Can Ghosts avoid it? Does it do double to Normal and Steel types?

I'm worried about my Larvitar having it's moves (specifically, the egg ones that can't be relearned) being overwritten while trying to breed one with good IV's.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

I'm worried about my Larvitar having it's moves (specifically, the egg ones that can't be relearned) being overwritten while trying to breed one with good IV's.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?
Don't have it first on the list of moves it knows. Only the first move is overwritten.

where can i get the effort ribbon in DP? i searched but i couldn't find who gives it here (i want the ribbon to know which pokes have EV training complete)

where can i get the effort ribbon in DP? i searched but i couldn't find who gives it here (i want the ribbon to know which pokes have EV training complete)
Effort ribbon is in the Sunnyshore Seal Shop/Marketplace/Whatever you wanna call it. The woman on the left gives it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)