Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Your a bit off. Open the command line, running it as admin. Type the following command
Code:
notepad %windir%/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
If you find anything with 'Shoddy Battle' in it, thats it.

You best not change it as this can block websites.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The trojan is very real. However, it's not as simple as modifying your hosts file since it modifies more obscure registry settings.

The trojan can modify your ROUTER DNS settings as well, which may be why "wiping" your system didn't help.

Hey fellow smogonites I've been having problems recently with shoddy, for some reason it says : '' An error occured while reading a message from the server :Read timed out Disconnect from the server? (try again at least once .) And it freezes forcing me to leave my battles therefore my record going down....:(. It happens to me every day...... I don't know why it's been happening recently... Please help me .Suggestions would be so much appreciated.....:D Chao

Hi. I've had a thing to use Torment Tran recently and noticed a glitch that has lost me a few battles. On the page for Substitute, it distinctly says this:

Substitute page said:
Substitute does not block Attract, Destiny Bond, Disable, Encore, Foresight, Guard Swap, Haze, Heart Swap, Imprison, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, Perish Song, Power Swap, Psych Up, Roar, Role Play, Skill Swap, Spite, Taunt, Torment, Transform, or Whirlwind.
In a recent battle, however, this happened (his Gengar had a Substitute up. I'm assuming it was a Sub Pain Split or something. And I'm exp1, and "Fire" is my Heatran) :

Battle on 7/22/10 said:
Gengar used Focus Blast.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Fire!
Fire's substitute faded!
Fire used Torment.
But it failed!

The sandstorm rages.
Gengar is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Gengar lost 6% of its health.
Gengar's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gengar restored 6% of its health.
Fire's leftovers restored its health a little!
Fire restored 6% of its health.
---
battle chat said:
exp1: wait...
---
exp1: Torment failed?
iwilltorture: sub
exp1: It hits through Sub
exp1: Check Smogon
iwilltorture: apparently not.
Genxim: ss ?
exp1: Smogon says distinctly it hits through Sub
I know Shoddy 2 is around the corner, but I also know it's been around the corner since last year. As far as I know, they are using the code from SB1 for SB2, so this may need to be addressed. I have a recent drive to use Torment Tran successfully, and this little glitch has prevented me from doing so on a few occasions. If I need to make a new thread for this or something, let me know. I'm just putting it where I thought it belonged.

@Seth Vilo - This is a bug. Please note, they are starting from the ground up on ShoddyBattle 2. This means they will not be using the same code. It will likely be fixed.

Another question or glitch i was looking for an ou battle and i got it and my lead was infernape and ninjask was his. I faked out it did 27% I later close combated predicting a switch to something that can resist Fire blast if he predicted it.But i realised he didn't switch or went for a sub but he went for dig(hahahaha dig on ninjask :P) and bam out of no where my close combat misses how could it miss when it had lefties........?

Another question or glitch i was looking for an ou battle and i got it and my lead was infernape and ninjask was his. I faked out it did 27% I later close combated predicting a switch to something that can resist Fire blast if he predicted it.But i realised he didn't switch or went for a sub but he went for dig(hahahaha dig on ninjask :P) and bam out of no where my close combat misses how could it miss when it had lefties........?
Close Combat doesn't hit Pokémon that are underground, underwater, or in midair. You didn't know that? And what do you mean by "lefties"?

@Duck92 - Awesome! I look forward to SB2 even more now! Just wanted to bring attention to it, as not many people use Torment. Thanks for the answer! =)

Are Shoddy --and related Simulators-- legal? I'm asking because recently, a popular Pokemon MMO was Cease and Desisted by Nintendo of America, the MMO went by the name of PokeNet...

I'm imagining this is just a glitch, but when I was putting a moveset on Hippowdon, it wouldn't let me out a fourth move on it. When I saved the team it said "you may not use two of the same move. I exited Shoddy and came back on to the same result. Finally I shut down my computer, turned it back on, and came back to Shoddy where it would let me put a fourth move on Hippowdon. Could someone tell me what this was/if it was my fault? I don't wanna have to shut down my computer everytime this happens...Thanks!

Is there any way to get shoddy battle running on windows ME? Highest usable java version is 5.0, the "Loading Java ..." screen shows up, after that, nothing happens and it closes by itself.

@Dark Abyss - Shoddy Battle 1 will still be running, but with fewer people
@Dusk97 - Team builder thinks you selected 2 of the same move. Just select a different pokemon, and come back.
@Kyara - Try running a lower Java version. Or maybe upgrade to XP, but that defeats the point of installing it on ME.

Any lower java version you would recommend?
And yes, ME is my only choice atm, can't change that for some weeks.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I know Shoddy 2 is around the corner, but I also know it's been around the corner since last year. As far as I know, they are using the code from SB1 for SB2, so this may need to be addressed.
Shoddy Battle 2 is 100% original code and none of the game mechanics were implemented with reference to Shoddy Battle 1. The whole point of the rewrite was to do things better. You can follow the progress here.

Try lowering the java version. Or install Windows XP mode if thats avaliable. Or you can try a totally different path and run Linux.

How long does it usually take for event specific moveset additions to be added to Shoddy? Is it possible to force event specific natures if said moves are included on a set, like the Crown Beasts or Oblivia Heatran? Thanks.

Event/nature/move restrictions aren't implemented. They most likely won't be coming for Shoddy 1, but Shoddy 2 is drawing nearer and nearer.

@Colin: Lol! Sounds like my assumption was completely wrong; I would be the person to do that... Dunno where I'd heard that idea from... Thanks for the link, Colin! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)