Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

I was wondering why I cannot log into Shoddy. For this Comp. I use a wireless USB, that connects to a router for internet connection. I can open the program fine, and edit my team regularly, but after I log in my Username and password (both correct) I click the "Log In" Button, but it doesn't do anything...

I was wondering maybe someone knew what was wrong, thanks.

How do I check my rating?
/record acinod

or whatever your account name is. If you want CRE, just use Conservative Rating Estimate. If you want rating, say, for a suspect test, see the Rating: xxxx - xxxx section? Average the two values, e.g.

Rating: 1024 - 1254

1254 + 1024 = 2278

2278 / 2 = 1139

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just wondering - is there an issue when protect is used repeatedly? It had seemed to me that it does not work as often as it should. I ran a quick test, using protect until it failed 50 times. It worked only once 35 times, twice 13 times and three times on 2 occasions. This I found to be statistically significant (there was around a 1% chance of it being this "off" if the program was actually correct), suggesing that protect does not work correctly on Shoddy, though of course more data could be collected.

Edit - this was in a battle against myself with no switching, or anything else that could lead to protect failing.

Any thoughts?

I've been trying to change my sprite package from the default D/P to Platinum (I have all the Platinum sprites saved on my computer and I'd like to just switch them in). However, I can't find where the Shoddy Battle sprites are stored on my drive. Where are they located within the Shoddy Battle program, or are they somewhere else? Thanks to whoever has a solution to my problem.

I have a few questions about clauses.

1. Will they automatically take effect?
2. Can i turn off the "timed battle clause" if my opponent agrees?

And a few more questions:
Can you have multiple teams at once?
How are abilities determined?

Just wondering - is there an issue when protect is used repeatedly? It had seemed to me that it does not work as often as it should. I ran a quick test, using protect until it failed 50 times. It worked only once 35 times, twice 13 times and three times on 2 occasions. This I found to be statistically significant (there was around a 1% chance of it being this "off" if the program was actually correct), suggesing that protect does not work correctly on Shoddy, though of course more data could be collected.

Edit - this was in a battle against myself with no switching, or anything else that could lead to protect failing.

Any thoughts?
They're not fixing anything atm, you'll have to wait for shoddy 2.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
They're not fixing anything atm, you'll have to wait for shoddy 2.
I know, but do you think it's glitched too? It's important sometimes when it comes to battle strategy

Okay, so I was in this battle, and his magnezone used Lock-on, and then it used zap cannon but it missed. How does that work? I though Lock-on guaranteed that the next move would hit. I didn't switch either, so I am puzzled.

I know how to clear the chat backlog, and I filtered out the notices, but is there a way to shut off the main chat window altogether? (I just want to find battles sometimes)

I have a problem with the team builder. When I select my pokemon's moves, it only allows three instead of 4. Also, trying to save a team anyway gives the error message that my pokemon knows two of the same move. I need help.

Don't know if this is the right place for this but, when you guys test out teams - Do you give the Pokes perfect 31 IVs? If not, is there a good average spread that would be more realistic to Pokes that aren't bred for IVs?

How do I select Recover on a quagsire? All of the Smogon sets have it listed, yet it isn't on Quagsire's move list.

EDIT: It turns out that that's a HGSS move, but that doesn't change that I can't select it. Is there an update I need to get, or what?

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@Rodeo - Everyone gives perfect IVs. Its actually more or less realistic to real WiFi pokes, at least the ones you find on here. Either way, it pushes IV luck out of the equation, and since everyone has these "unrealistic IVs" its fair.

@Barborossa and bellsparce - I added the answer to that on the first post of this topic.

I still keep trying to reset the team builder like you say, but it still will not let me give a Pokemon more than 2 or 3 moves! is there any other way to avert the glitch?

what do my raikus evs need to be to use hp ice,the game keeps saying my evs are invalid,and when i make one of the offfered changes,it turns my hp ice into hp dragon

I got onto shoddy battle and started making my team and chose my cloyster but I couldn't teach it rock blast. I think this is because its a HGSS move. Please help

You need to sign into a server with HGSS moves, such as Smogon University, then open the team builder and build a new team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)