Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Black Sludge is a hold item that Poisons any non-Poison type, but heals the HP of Poison types by 1 / 16. It can be found as a held item on Croagunks / Toxicroaks / Grimers / Muk, from what I've heard
Black Sludge on Grimers and Muks!!! Can I get a confirmation on this? I thought Grimers and Muks only held nuggets.

Grimers and Muks don't hold them iirc.

I'm torn on a moveset for Bronzong. I already have another sleeper on my team so I don't need that. I do however, think Stealth Rock and HP Ice are definites (to counter Specsmence) what other two moves should I use?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Only Croagunk and Toxicroak can come with Black Sludge. Some other options for Bronzong are Reflect, Light Screen, Gyro Ball, Earthquake, Rest, and Explosion.

If the opponent is a different gender, it lowers Attack by 25%.
Huh? I've never read this in any of the research or ability description threads.

Also, Rivalry boosts both physical and special attacks. Its description is misleading.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Burn doesn't 1/2 attack, it reduces it to 2/3's of what it was if my math is right. 1 divided by 1.5 is .66 repeating, or 2/3/
X-Act tested Burn, and it gives a 0.5x boost on Mod1 (go to contributions and Corrections and search for the damage formula thread).

Huh? I've never read this in any of the research or ability description threads.

Also, Rivalry boosts both physical and special attacks. Its description is misleading.
You just need to search better. And yes, it boost both kinds of attacks.

AlleyViper said:
Do self-stat lowering moves (i.e. Draco Meteor, Close Combat) still see stats reduced if used against Protect?
Since the move techincally fails when Protect is used, I don't think it does

How do you get Yawn and BP on Jolteon?

Also, how does Focus Sash work on Shedinja?
Smeargle -> Eevee

The turn that the opponent attacks Shedinja with a super effective move, Focus Sash is used up by Shedinja and he survives. Any residual damage (Poison, Burn, etc.) will still faint Shedinja

EDIT: Beaten to the punch

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Question:

Suppose that I have a Zapdos with the Ground resist berry equipped. Say that it's faster than the enemy and uses Roost. If the enemy uses Earthquake, would the berry activate?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
@ River: Yes, you can, but Yawn will only last until the end of the battle. Just use a pokémon with Yawn and Smeargle on a ingame 2vs2 battle (there's a pair of twins on the route below Solaceon) and Sketch your own Yawn.

@Sparta: If you are talking about something AR-related, sorry, but it isn't allowed here.

@ Death: Yes.

Question:

Suppose that I have a Zapdos with the Ground resist berry equipped. Say that it's faster than the enemy and uses Roost. If the enemy uses Earthquake, would the berry activate?
I'm sure it would, since Roost rids the user of Flying typing and Ground immunity on the turn it is used

!Sparata: You need a Wi-Fi connection port if it's the friend code you are talking about

Do Guts pokemon not lose speed when paralyzed? I assume they still have a chance of being fully paralyzed though.

My big question: Can Lunar Dance revive a KO'd pokemon, or does it merely heal all HP, PP, and status of the incoming pokemon?

Guts pokemon still lose speed when paralyzed. Quick Feet pokemon gain speed when paralyzed

Lunar Dance does not revive a KOed pokemon, only one that hasn't been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)