Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technician is based off of the base power of the move, regardless of other multipliers, so option #2.

So option one you mean.

What I meant by option 2 is:
Say you have a 50 base Power Normal move. Silk Scarf is attached to the Ambipom. Silk Scarf Raises the 60 power to 72. Therefore Technician will not power it up.

So that means Option 1 is correct.

In any case, Thanks cause I understand:toast:

I found what I think was an unanswered question in one of the locked research threads: I believe it's well known that U-Turn with a choice item means the incoming pokemon has to use U-Turn if it has it...does the same hold true for Baton Pass? (or Helaing Wish or Lunar Dance or Memento for that matter, though I know those circumstances would be super-rare)

when using the Power items in EV training, does PKRS double the amount of EVs you get from the Power item, or does it stay at 4 EVs gained?

when using the Power items in EV training, does PKRS double the amount of EVs you get from the Power item, or does it stay at 4 EVs gained?
It stays at the 4 EVs gained.

So it would be along the lines of [1+ 4] x2 = 10 EVs earned.

It doubles everything, meaning PokeRus comes last, and the Base Gain and Power Item/Macho Brace follow the Base, so it looks like:

(Base [+4] or [x2])x2

Hmmm....Not trying to sound unintelligent, but, my Cresselia with the Power Weight Attached and Pokerus while fighting Golducks would get 2 Sp. Atk EVs*2 b/c of PKRS and then would get 4 or 8 HP EVs as well?

I'm having a problem here...

My Chimchar has Pokerus, and I've been EV training it since level 1... I've tallied 16 HP Ev's and 16 Spd EV's (that would be 8 Bidoofs and 8 Starlys), and his stats look like this:

HP 25
DEF 12
Sp. ATK 14
Sp. Def 13
Speed 17

His Nature is Jolly, he's at level 8 and needs 91 exp to get to the next level. Does this look about right?

I believe his base stats were all @ 6 except for Sp. Def which was @ 5. His HP was 10 i think.

Am I doing something wrong or is this right?

My Chimchar has Pokerus, and I've been EV training it since level 1... I've tallied 16 HP Ev's and 16 Spd EV's (that would be 8 Bidoofs and 8 Starlys), and his stats look like this:

HP 25
DEF 12
Sp. ATK 14
Sp. Def 13
Speed 17

His Nature is Jolly, he's at level 8 and needs 91 exp to get to the next level. Does this look about right?

I believe his base stats were all @ 6 except for Sp. Def which was @ 5. His HP was 10 i think.

you wont be able to tell until hes at a higher level but you are ev training it correct but i dont think giving it 16 evs in hp is a good idea

HP 25
DEF 12
Sp. ATK 14
Sp. Def 13
Speed 17

You can't really tell the effects till you get to level 100 IIRC

Hmmm....Not trying to sound unintelligent, but, my Cresselia with the Power Weight Attached and Pokerus while fighting Golducks would get 2 Sp. Atk EVs*2 b/c of PKRS and then would get 4 or 8 HP EVs as well?

anyones?

mmmmmok......thx a lot for your help

EDIT: Im running a set like this on Cresselia and was wondering whether to have T-Bolt over T-wave

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 86 Def / 16 Spd / 156 SAtk
Rest
Sleep Talk
Ice Beam
T-Bolt/T-Wave

How's this suicidal starting Typhlosion:

Modest Typhlosion @ Choice Specs:
- 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
* Eruption
* Overheat
* Hyper Beam
* Solar Beam

Eh? Suicidal and risky but effective! Your thoughts?

any idea about the Cresselia question? I'm leaning towards T-Bolt b/c it has a decent paralysis rate and i can stall until it works

EDIT:It can't learn T-Bolt...........nvm

I found what I think was an unanswered question in one of the locked research threads: I believe it's well known that U-Turn with a choice item means the incoming pokemon has to use U-Turn if it has it...does the same hold true for Baton Pass? (or Helaing Wish or Lunar Dance or Memento for that matter, though I know those circumstances would be super-rare)

No to all of them.

Does Taunt work if the enemy has a Substitute up?

Yes

What does JAA stand for (junior all americans?) and how big is that event?

Journey Across America. It was Nintendo's last big tournament. To give you an idea of the size, the grand prize was I believe $4,000, free trip for 4 to Japan, a few thousand dollars worth of merchandise, and some more stuff. Regional winners got a free RSFRLGE game, limited edition Gameboy Micro, and 500 dollars (and I think some other stuff).

How's this suicidal starting Typhlosion:

Modest Typhlosion @ Choice Specs:
- 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
* Eruption
* Overheat
* Hyper Beam
* Solar Beam

Eh? Suicidal and risky but effective! Your thoughts?

Solarbeam is horrible. It takes a turn to charge up, doing a 120 power attack. Better is Hidden Power Electric or Hidden Power Grass. It does 70 power each hit (assuming you are on a medium that allows you to select a Hidden Power or are willing to breed), meaning 140 after 2 turns. Replace Hyper Beam with Focus Punch or Focus Blast to do something to Blissey.

Obi said:
Heh, my point was supposed to be that you don't need certain move types, necessarily, but rather, the ability to wall Pokemon. I have never thought "Man, I need more Ice moves!" I have, however, thought, "I need a way to stop Salamence".
Oh @_@ Right... yeah, you're right; but that's why I have the Assassin Yanmega and Charge/Ice Beam CM Cressy; to wall the Dragons, Gligar, et. al. Mmmm, I'm still not sure, though... you've really poked holes in my HP Fire argument, it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back