Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
There's also a Liechi berry on RSE's Mirage island, I believe. Though your chances of getting there are pretty low.
I just listed the reliable options. The chances of getting a Liechi Berry from Mirage Island is incredibly low (I mean less likely than finding a shiny Pokemon without Pokeradar).

If they kill you with an actual talk after you used Destiny Bond and you die, they die too.

For example:

Gengar used Destiny Bond.
Zubat used Leech Life.
Gengar died.
Gengar took Zubat down with it.

If it was slower though...

Weavile used Pursuit.
Gengar used Destiny Bond.

If Weavile kills you next turn, it dies.

Status/sandstorm/hail/leechseed etc doesn't activate it.

I want to start battleing on WiFi.
i semi-breed a hand full of pokemon, but im not sure how to pair them up.
can someone give me a few ideas of team types, as in this example:

1 satk sweeper
1 atk sweeper
1 mix sweeper
1 supporter
1 sdef wall
1 def wall

after you give your sets, could you please list a few pokemon that best fits in those roles.

I want to start battleing on WiFi.
i semi-breed a hand full of pokemon, but im not sure how to pair them up.
can someone give me a few ideas of team types, as in this example:

1 satk sweeper
1 atk sweeper
1 mix sweeper
1 supporter
1 sdef wall
1 def wall

after you give your sets, could you please list a few pokemon that best fits in those roles.
I'm not sure that that would be the best way to build your team, so here's the team building guide.

If a pokemon uses leech seed on something else, and the seeded pokemon switches, and comes back in later in the battle, is it still seeded?

If a pokemon uses leech seed on something else, and the seeded pokemon switches, and comes back in later in the battle, is it still seeded?
No, leech seed wears off after the seeded poke switches. The only exception to this is with Baton Pass, where the seeds are passed down.

Does Helping Hand raise your partners attack stat, or the base power of it's next attack? And what would be some good natures to soft-reset for in a Tri Attack Togekiss?

Questions about Me First : It says that, "If the target uses a damaging attack on the Me First user, and the user is faster, the user will use the target's move at 1.5x power. STAB is decided by the Me First user's types." I'm still a bit confused. Does the user use the base power of that move before or after STAB? So like if Lucario used Me First when Rhyperior used Earthquake, would Me First be 225 power or 150 power? And what if the opponent uses an attack that's the same type as the Pokemon using Me First? I'm so confused...

From the way I understand it, using your example, Me First Earthquake from Lucario would only be 150 (100*1.5). He wouldn't get STAB since he is not ground type. If Rhyperior were to use Hammer Arm, then Lucario would get the 1.5 boost as well as STAB due to the attack and Lucario being Fighting Type. Hope that's clear enough to understand.

Which IV calculator should I use in FR/LG? Or should I stick to Metalkids? And if I calculate the IV's at level 5 in FR/LG, are they accurate or do they still have to be calculated at Lvl. 100?

Which IV calculator should I use in FR/LG? Or should I stick to Metalkids? And if I calculate the IV's at level 5 in FR/LG, are they accurate or do they still have to be calculated at Lvl. 100?
If the pokemons base stats didnt change or anything (I dont think any of them did) metalkid is fine, and 5 will get you mediocre results like 15-31 or something. Id suggest leveling them to around 15 for some OK results without too much work.

From the way I understand it, using your example, Me First Earthquake from Lucario would only be 150 (100*1.5). He wouldn't get STAB since he is not ground type. If Rhyperior were to use Hammer Arm, then Lucario would get the 1.5 boost as well as STAB due to the attack and Lucario being Fighting Type. Hope that's clear enough to understand.
Oh okay thanks. :)

Has anyone had any success with Rhyperior yet? I raised a defensive one, and saying it fails as a tank is being generous. Any suggestions? I hear the CB version is pretty good.

I BUMP my uestion, as well as adding

How exactly does Destiny Bond work?
Destiny bond works by fainting the target if the user is killed afterwards. As I understand it, even if the user is slower, it will still take the foe down if they are foolish enough to attack.

And as for Wobba... his "garchomp can take things down" argument is flawed.
You can always switch to a counter when Garchomp is out. It may hit hard of course but still has something that can switch into it.
Wobba Cannot be countered simply because you CANNOT switch this is why Wobba is Uber. If you could switch then you could always switch to a counter and wobba would lose his uber status like he was when he was in the 2nd gen.

Are HP, def and sp def important on Swellow (even though it gets raped by any move, is it worth it to breed for good hp and defenses?). Yeah, sorry I put this in the other topic too.

In breeding, what determines the passing on of Abilities to the child Pokemon.

EX: I'm breeding two Absol, a male with Pressure, a female with Super Luck. Among the offspring are some with Pressure. Some with Super Luck. Also, I bred a Kangaskhan with Scrappy with a Ditto and got a Kangaskhan with Early Bird.

What determines this?

Breeding question (hidden power):

Alright so I'm trying to pass off hidden power ice to an Elekid. The original parents were a mild Ditto with x/31/x/x/x/31 and an Electivire with x/x/x/31/31/31. Then just now I FINALLY get one with Hidden Power Ice:

Mild #239 Elekid: 8 / 31 / 14 / 11 / 7 / 31
Hidden Power Type is 'Ice'. Hidden Power Power is 69.

Not too good, but the attack, speed, and hidden power are all right. So here's my question: would it be better to use this HP Ice Elekid as the new parent now? Would it help pass it down? (edit 2 - if I evolved it, that is)

EDIT - Or, alternatively, what parents should I try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)