Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Should I run a Jolly 252 Atk 252 Speed, or should I go bulky? I'm leaning against the Speed-based spread because my primary goal is to set up Sandstorm. What do you think would be most effective?
It takes three Dragon Dances to outspeed Excadrill. Take that as you will.

and @Star Power. Yes.

No.

I have a question, though. I know shadow tag can't trap opposing shadow tag, but can arena trap/shadow tag trap each other? Ie, dugtrio v wobuffet?

Can a Charizard (or a Yanmega, or a Moltres, or something that is 4x rock weak) switch in twice while Stealth Rock is active if the Charizard/Yanmega/Moltres has a odd max HP and it doesn't receive or heal any HP?
Yes.

First you said Naive and now Naughty? I'm a bit confused...what is the standard nature to use?
Why don't you look at the analysis yourself?
Naive is the first slash a.k.a. the preferred nature. Naughty is the second slash meaning it's good too but it's the less preferred nature. It depends on what your team need. Naive=more speed, Naughty=more power.

One question.
Does Flame Orb activate Flash Fire?
Flash fire's description: "It powers up Fire-type moves if it's hit by one."
Flame orb isn't a move so it does not activate flash fire.

What would be a good item for my bulky gyarados? I EV'd him so that he has 290~ of both defenses (factoring in intimidate's essential +1). Dragon dance set. I don't want to use life orb because it defeats the purpose of having bulk.

For bulky gyarados, would leftovers or shell bell be better on him? I have 2 pokemon already with lefties so I'm not sure if I should do a third.
Use leftovers, never use Shell Bell. For Shell Bell to be worthwhile you have to be dealing half your hp or more in damage every turn. Shell bell would than restore 1/8 of half your hp, equal to the 1/16 restored automatically by leftovers. Leftovers is just more consistent and impossible to block without neutralizing the item itself.

Could a Gem possibly work on him?
Elemental Gems are usually only good in Flat Battles, as they usually end quickly - like in VGC 2011 matches, Leftovers/Life Orb apparently aren't as good as in 6v6 Singles because battles are usually around 4-7 turns, therefore promoting the larger power boost that the Gems provide.

whats the easiest synchronizer to catch in b/w?
You have 2 options: Munna in dreamyard, where it shows you if it has forewarn automatically (and if not it has synch),

or Elgyem in the upper floors of celestial tower, which you can check for synchronize by statusing it, and it has a higher encounter rate than Munna.

I asked this in the Usage Stat threads, but I never got an answer, so I thought I'd try here: since there will be no usage stats for July, does that mean tiers won't update till the August Stats are released?

Edit: Thank you for the answer spweasel. Whether there had been an announcement on the subject from someone who would know was basically what I was asking.

I asked this in the Usage Stat threads, but I never got an answer, so I thought I'd try here: since there will be no usage stats for July, does that mean tiers won't update till the August Stats are released?
We aren't psychic, so we won't know for sure until someone who does know tells us. That being said, the normal formula for determining the tiers is based on 3 months of data, so it's unlikely that we'll tier based on only two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)