Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It only checks the Pokémon you're going into the GBU with.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question, but I can't find a way to straight-forwardly ask it, so I'll propose a scenario:

In a DOUBLE battle, First turn, I have a Weavile and a Ludicolo vs XXXX and XXXX. I Fake Out both opponents.
Turn 2, I switch out Weavile to get a Drizzle Politoed in. Ludicolo uses Surf.

The question is, Will Swift Swim get activated and Water moves get the boost on the same turn or until the next turn???
IIRC, as soon as Drizzle activates, Swift Swim activates.

Actually, it only checks the pokemon you are using in your party/BBox. IIRC, I talked to Mike Liesik of TPCi at vgc and he said the battle box has a built in general hack checker. I've gone to GBU and even vgc with hacked pokes in my boxes and I passed easily.

As far as I know it is not possible to use 4th-gen-Pokemon with TM moves in competitive battles, right?

1. An example: Skarmorys of the last generation could learn Roost via TM. Those (Skarmorys) are not allowed this generation, right?

2. Is it possible to pass DW-abilities via breeding?

If both isn't possible, it'll be extremely hard to get Roost-Skarmory with decent IVs and nature nowadays.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As far as I know it is not possible to use 4th-gen-Pokemon with TM moves in competitive battles, right?

1. An example: Skarmorys of the last generation could learn Roost via TM. Those (Skarmorys) are not allowed this generation, right?

2. Is it possible to pass DW-abilities via breeding?

If both isn't possible, it'll be extremely hard to get Roost-Skarmory with decent IVs and nature nowadays.
1) im pretty sure you can use fourth and even third generation exclusive moves in competitive battling this gen just dont use tutor moves from past generations with gen 5 egg moves

2) yes but the poke with the ability has to be female

Whooops, looks like I've messed up with the terms.

2. Is it possible to pass DW-moves via breeding? I think I've got it this time.

1. I wasn't talking about Wifi. Of course, Roost-Skarmory from the last generation is perfectly legit, but invalid in flat battles, the competitive form of battles these days, right or not.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

1. I wasn't talking about Wifi. Of course, Roost-Skarmory from the last generation is perfectly legit, but invalid in flat battles, the competitive form of battles these days, right or not.
1) unless they are egg moves i dont think so

2) strange... never had any problem using them in flat battles
(assuming you mean GBU)

Edit: grass knot hits jellicent for 100 power, 200 actually cause jellicent is weak to grass

Going into a little bit more detail than MoltenKyurem:

2. They can be passed only if they are level-up moves for the baby, tm's the baby can learn, or breeding moves.

1. No, you are not correct. As Skarmory can legally know Roost provided it was taught the move last gen or was caught in the Dreamworld (though, in the latter case, it would have the less than optimal ability Weak Armor). The only reason such a Skarmory would be illegal would be...
a.) if it knew a new breeding move from gen 5, however Skarmory got no new breeding moves this gen that it couldn't learn somehow in a previous gen.
b.) if it knew either of its dreamworld exclusive moves (drill peck or roost) along with any move it can only learn through breeding and had its dreamworld ability Weak Armor.

Swift Swim does not activate on the turn the weather changes. If you have a slower Ludicolo against a slightly faster Gliscor, then the turn you switch in Politoed, Gliscor will attack first.
Furthermore, this applies to everything that alters speed. If you paralyze an opponent, they aren't slowed down until the next turn. And Tailwind would just be broken if it took effect immediately.

So when I'm looking around at trade shops and requests I constantly see the term "BP", such as "Now providing BP" or "Looking for someone to BP (insert pokemon name)". My question is what is BP? Is it not Battle Points?

Is there a way to reset the wins/loss counter on trainer card?
When i use a new team i would like to have the counter back at 0 to see if it did better then my old team :P

^220 attack evs with a neutral nature guarantees an OHKO after SR, but that seems a bit excessive. 4th gen strategy dex suggests 100 atk evs to guarantee an OHKO against Dugtrio.

Is there any sort of calculator that helps with EV spreads? i.e. How many SDef EVs do I need to run on X to survive draco meteor from Y or how many speed evs are needed to outspeed pokemon X

an some one help/teach me how to make youtube videos please thank you
uhhh do you mean POKEMON BATTLES? if so the guys use an emulator to do so :P

MY question How do you corrupt a saved game file on Emerald the reason I ask is becuase i was playing earlier and when i tried to save BOOM! it corrupted :S

about the emerald part i dont know,,,,,but can you tell me what to do and how to do it about that emulator stuff how do i make the videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)