Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two quick questions that I'm having trouble finding answers to around the forums.

1. Are Dream World Pokemon considered legal in their tiers or is there a separate Dream World Tier (I suspect the former, but the last time I was on Smogon, there was no solid decision)?

2. Where can I find an explanation of the Tiers? RU is a new tier to me, and I'd like to know the difference between it and NU. I'd also like to see the reasoning behind the decision to put a specific Pokemon in a specific tier. That kind of stuff.

dream world abilities are allowed on ou as long as they are released in the global link website (dream world) by nintendo. the list can be found as a sticked thread.

ru is higher than nu.
so the tiers, by usage, go
OU-UU-RU-NU

What is the importance of having a 50 HP substitute? I've seen a few people say that Dugtrio should have 21 HP ivs to give it 50 HP subs, but they never said why.

i dont see any reason.

edit: i think it allows you to sub 4 times and to switch into stealth rock with still substitue #s left.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Whoever said you needed 50 HP subs is a troll. Subs should be as big as reasonably possible; the only number to aim for is 101 to avoid Seismic Toss breakage.

Edit: I guess Bluemon is right, it makes some sense that it is a Lefties number.

The idea behind 50 HP might be the current VGC format. Still, almost nobody uses Seismic Toss or Night Shade in Lv 50 battles, so practically there is no reason to fear.

i first thought that too, but there are two problems with that.

1) you would need 51hp subs then because seismic tosses do 50hp damage.

2) dugtrio cannot get 50 hp subs when its at level 50.... yea.

I was told that I can get more people in my Black City by talking to the people there. However, aside from the Pokémon Center, there are 6 buildings, none of which have doors. There is no one anywhere except inside the Pokémon Center. Who exactly am I supposed to talk to?

Has anyone tried to generate a Reshiram/Zekrom in N's Castle? Someone told me you have to loose against N to check the IV. Why can't we use the status screen while fighting N?

haunter

Banned deucer.
What is the importance of having a 50 HP substitute? I've seen a few people say that Dugtrio should have 21 HP ivs to give it 50 HP subs, but they never said why.
50 hp subs with 201 hp allows Dugtrio to be at exactly 1 hp after it uses substitute 4 times powering up reversal to 200 bp. That's the only reason I can think of to make Duggy have 50 hp subs.

50 hp subs with 201 hp allows Dugtrio to be at exactly 1 hp after it uses substitute 4 times powering up reversal to 200 bp. That's the only reason I can think of to make Duggy have 50 hp subs.
There is no way Dugtrio can make 51-HP subs at Lv 50. You know, more than 200 HP at Lv 50 is fairly high.
If it is a sub-reversaler at Lv 100, having 213 max HP (8 EV) is fine - you will have exactly one HP left after subbing four times.

There is no way Dugtrio can make 51-HP subs at Lv 50. You know, more than 200 HP at Lv 50 is fairly high.
If it is a sub-reversaler at Lv 100, having 213 max HP (8 EV) is fine - you will have exactly one HP left after subbing four times.
They're talking about Lv 100, not Lv 50. 201 can still let Dugtrio get to 1 HP after 4 subs.

There would not have been a reason to talk about 50-HP-subs in that case.

With 31 IV Dugtrio's minimum HP is 211. So either you will hit 213, or only have 0 HP IV (with focus sash) and absolute minimum Def. From there on it can have 252 Atk and 252 speed, dumping the last four EV in HP for 181.

haunter

Banned deucer.
you just need an hp IV of 21. He didn't ask for lv. 50 specifically. Since Duggy is frail and can't take hits anyway, I guess you don't even want to invest 8 EVs into HP so lowering the HP IV is probably better.

I have to build a fire team(Gen 4). The team has to be fire, and can have secondary types(i.e. Moltres, Fire/Flying), and can have one wildcard pokemon that can be anything, as long as it's not past Gen 4. Keep in mind that this team will be playing a water type with the same rules as I do with one wildcard pokemon to try and beat me. Any tier is allowed besides Ubers. Thanks for your time, and hopefully I get some good suggestions.

Arlo

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dumb question, since everyone and their mother are voting for DW Ditto I have to ask..

Can a Dream Worls Ditto breed with a non-Dream World Pokemon and that Pokemon will come out with a Dream World ability?

Like an Imposter Ditto with a Poison Heal Breloom can result in a Quick Feet Shroomish?

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dumb question, since everyone and their mother are voting for DW Ditto I have to ask..

Can a Dream Worls Ditto breed with a non-Dream World Pokemon and that Pokemon will come out with a Dream World ability?

Like an Imposter Ditto with a Poison Heal Breloom can result in a Quick Feet Shroomish?
Tried it a week before restarting my black,and the answer is no.Tried with both male chloro Bulbasaur and female MG Abra.

I have to build a fire team(Gen 4). The team has to be fire, and can have secondary types(i.e. Moltres, Fire/Flying), and can have one wildcard pokemon that can be anything, as long as it's not past Gen 4. Keep in mind that this team will be playing a water type with the same rules as I do with one wildcard pokemon to try and beat me. Any tier is allowed besides Ubers. Thanks for your time, and hopefully I get some good suggestions.

Arlo
I'm pretty sure this would fit better in the RMT Subforum shown as a team (with besides the usual formats for the pokemon, should come with some descriptions beneath the pokemon format)...
Though you probably should put it here to show it's Gen 4 and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)