Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much damage does Gastrodon's Earthquake do to Jirachi?
In the case, you you have chosen a nature, that don't lower your Atk and Jirachi doesn't have EV on Def, Earthquake does 186 - 218 points of damage. Taking Leftovers into account it won't 2HKO Jirachi with 404 HP (Sub-CM), still, it's more than solid.
Therefore I recomment you to lower your Atk with Bold or Calm Gastrodon; it still does 168 - 198, which is 41.6% - 49% of Jirachi's health (252 HP, 0 Def).

Edit: Forget the part about the "I recommend you Bold or Calm Gastrodon"-thing; using a Relaxed or a Sassy one allows you to OHKO Heatran (252 HP, 0 Def) by chance, something a Bold or calm one can't do.

and based on experience, does standard tyranitar work better with SR or Superpower?
Superpower is a pretty good attack for Tyranitar in general, but whether or not it should use Stealth Rock depends on its role in your team and whether or not you have any other Pokémon to spinblock or set up entry hazards

Superpower is a pretty good attack for Tyranitar in general, but whether or not it should use Stealth Rock depends on its role in your team and whether or not you have any other Pokémon to spinblock or set up entry hazards
i was planning to use it as sort of a lead.... i dont think tyranitar should be anything else but a lead, presonally, because he needs to set up sandstorm, but thats just me :P

Pokemon Unova Double Team

Hi Smogon Community,
I am new here, so please bare with me...! Also feel free Admins to move this to the appropriate section as I am not use to the site =P
anyways...
I am having a tournament in my area, and I was wondering if anyone can give me some good double teams,
I am spefically looking for these requirements:
-have a team of 6 and then tell me which 2 pokemons (so 3 groups of 2) work well with each other and Why
-include each pair of pokemons moveset IF possible
-what items they should be holding and why
-what nature and why
THANKS!!!
20 hours ago

Oh and the tournament itself restrictions are as follows: (i have already explained some above, will retype it for organization purposes)
-Double Battle
-Lv 50 is highest level, anything higher is downgraded to lv 50, anything lower 50 stays the same
-Zekrom, Reshiram, Victini, Kyruem cannot particpate, all other Unova pokemons can
-out of the 6 pokemons you have, only 4 out of the 6 can enter (that's why I need 3 pairs of 2 worthy and good pokemons that can work well together
THANKS for helping me peoples!!! I EXTREMELY appreciate it ;D
P.S If this is in the wrong place once again, please move it to the more appropriate section and delete this one off here, Please do not give me warnings admins, I am sorry =(

Hi Smogon Community,
I am new here, so please bare with me...! Also feel free Admins to move this to the appropriate section as I am not use to the site =P
anyways...
I am having a tournament in my area, and I was wondering if anyone can give me some good double teams,
I am spefically looking for these requirements:
-have a team of 6 and then tell me which 2 pokemons (so 3 groups of 2) work well with each other and Why
-include each pair of pokemons moveset IF possible
-what items they should be holding and why
-what nature and why
THANKS!!!
20 hours ago

Oh and the tournament itself restrictions are as follows: (i have already explained some above, will retype it for organization purposes)
-Double Battle
-Lv 50 is highest level, anything higher is downgraded to lv 50, anything lower 50 stays the same
-Zekrom, Reshiram, Victini, Kyruem cannot particpate, all other Unova pokemons can
-out of the 6 pokemons you have, only 4 out of the 6 can enter (that's why I need 3 pairs of 2 worthy and good pokemons that can work well together
THANKS for helping me peoples!!! I EXTREMELY appreciate it ;D
P.S If this is in the wrong place once again, please move it to the more appropriate section and delete this one off here, Please do not give me warnings admins, I am sorry =(
Welcome to Smogon! To find what your looking for, look at the VCG and some of the Other Teams RMTs. You should be able to find a good team there. ;)

Welcome to Smogon! To find what your looking for, look at the VCG and some of the Other Teams RMTs. You should be able to find a good team there. ;)
Hi Pippy,
thanks for the Information ^_^
do you think you can give me a link towards the page because I am still getting use to the site =P
thanks

Here. Use the ones that say VCG before then.
hm...
I am taking a look at some of them but most of them are past generation...?
I am looking for a ONLY Unova team that can work well in doubles battle!
thanks for your help, ;D, until then, I will roam around until you reply back =D

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been looking around and I've only found vague explanations so I was just wondering about this senario.

Ninetales used Fire Spin on Tyranitar!
Tyranitar was trapped in the vortex!
*Ninetales switched out*

can Tyranitar switch out at this point? Or is he still trapped?

hm...
I am taking a look at some of them but most of them are past generation...?
I am looking for a ONLY Unova team that can work well in doubles battle!
thanks for your help, ;D, until then, I will roam around until you reply back =D
Yea, unfortunately you're going to have to search around some of the older ones, as what you want was the previous VCG.

I've been looking around and I've only found vague explanations so I was just wondering about this senario.

*Ninetales switched out*

As far as I know, TTar will be trapped until Fire Spin wares off, so yes, he will still be trapped.

Are you sure? I thought partial-trapping moves end immediately if the user switches out, like Mean Look or Spider Web.

Are Protect and Detect treated as the same move? Something like...

Pokemon A used Protect!
Pokemon B used attack!
Pokemon A Protected itself!

Pokemon A used Detect
Pokemon B used attack!

What exactly would happen?

Are Protect and Detect treated as the same move? Something like...

Pokemon A used Protect!
Pokemon B used attack!

Pokemon A used Detect
Pokemon B used attack!

What exactly would happen?
yep, they are treated as the same move
One is TM and the other isn't plus protect has more PP

Hello smogon. I haven't been on in a while, but I was surprised to see Baton Pass get a simple majority in being banned from OU.

Can I ask why? Did double screens + BP turn out to still be too powerful with Mew in OU, or did Espeon fuck things up(being able to BP and set up screens; your pick)? I seriously can't grasp atm what happened.

Hello smogon. I haven't been on in a while, but I was surprised to see Baton Pass get a simple majority in being banned from OU.

Can I ask why? Did double screens + BP turn out to still be too powerful with Mew in OU, or did Espeon fuck things up(being able to BP and set up screens; your pick)? I seriously can't grasp atm what happened.
Shell Smash Baton Pass is very good in general, Volbeat's Prankster Tail Glow Baton Pass kicks ass, and Espeon has made Baton Pass chains worlds harder to put a quick stop to thanks to Magic Bounce. I also have no idea how dual screens worked into your thoughts on Baton Pass

Because a "cheap" tactic in ubers in gen IV was using dual screens into BP mew, which at the time was unstoppable because of lack of prankster.

Now that Excadrill is banned, I need an new rapid spinner for my sandstorm team. Preferably something fast that can sweep. Any suggestions?

yep Starmie sounds like a good fit; Cloyster could be an interesting choice too haha. Hitmontop / Donphan / Forretress are good spinners but you'll probably have to remake your team somewhat.

eta: check this out

*Ninetales switched out*

It can switch out. You can tell that it's no longer trapped because it stops taking fire spin damage.

I have recently been informed that Baton pass has been banned from OU play.
Is this true and if it is, does that also go for all the other tiers as well?

I have a question: does a Pokemon that uses Drain Punch or something like that restore HP if it hits a sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)