Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiers don't go by an arbitrary top 53, a common misconception.

Instead, they go by the equally arbitrary 3.4% usage, which puts Duggy pretty firmly in NU.
Isn't 3.093 UU though, I'm pretty sure it is at least... :/

Btw i didn't say Duggy should be OU, I know perfectly well that it doesn't go by the top 53 pokemon. X_X

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Sorry; I misunderstood. I thought you were quoting UU usage stats.

UU stats are determined by 3.4 in UU, which Duggy somehow failed to secure again, same with RU. They're not determined by the next howevermany in OU.

Sorry; I misunderstood. I thought you were quoting UU usage stats.

UU stats are determined by 3.4 in UU, which Duggy somehow failed to secure again, same with RU. They're not determined by the next howevermany in OU.
Wow, that's umm, kind of embarassing, especially considering the amount of Ninetales+Volcarona+Dugtrio I've been seeing recently :x

At level 100, the "magic" Leftovers number is any number that is evenly divisible by 16 + 1.

What is the "magic" Leftovers number at level 50?

At level 100, the "magic" Leftovers number is any number that is evenly divisible by 16 + 1.

I thought it was divisible by 16 :p

Anyways, it's still 16 (+1). The amount of health healed doesn't change (6.25%)

Next question...

At level 100, 4 EVs = 1 stat point

At level 50, χ EVs = 1 stat point

What is χ equal to?

I will give you some sixteenth/ leftover numbers: 144 (Hitmontop, that should be the lowest of the high HP in the metagame), 160, 176, 192 (for most base 100 mons).

These numbers should be avoided in normal circumstances, but since there are less passive hazards in Lv.50 battles, it is enough just to have that much HP - or one more, just to be safe.

If you want to know: To create 51-subs you need 204 HP. At Lv 100 those base 100 Mons can't exceed that number, so they have to stick on 404 (where they can't sub as often as one withShade 405).
At Lv 50 though they manage to have 205 , so a SubCM one might hit that number.
Nevertheless, Seismic toss and Night are extremely rare down there.

Next question...

At level 100, 4 EVs = 1 stat point

At level 50, χ EVs = 1 stat point

What is χ equal to?
Lv 0-19: 40
Lv 20-29: 20
Lv 30-39: 13,3
Lv 40-49: 10
Lv 50-59: 8
Lv 60-69: 6,7
Lv 70-79: 5,75
Lv 90-99: 4,4
Lv 100: 4

At Lv 50, you need 8 EV for one stat point, at Little Cup 40.

In game, I am breeding for a Prankster Sableye. I have my FEMALE Prankster Sableye, and a MALE Kadabra, with Teleport, ShadowBall, Trick and Recover.

Every egg I hatch, the Sableye do NOT have the moves, Trick or Recover. Despite Kadabra being the only way for it to get either of them. Kadabra is holding the Power Weight and Sableye the Everstone.

What's going wrong? Please help.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Does he have four full moveslots when he hatches? If so, chances are that the other moves on your Pokemon are getting passed on as well and overwriting Trick and Recover. If that's the case, your best bet is deleting any unwanted TM/HM/Egg moves and trying again.

Question for you warstory people:

What should I be looking for when I'm trying to find a good battle to make a warstory out of? I know in the rules it says things like "make it interesting" and stuff like that, but what are some specific things to look for?

Question for you warstory people:

What should I be looking for when I'm trying to find a good battle to make a warstory out of? I know in the rules it says things like "make it interesting" and stuff like that, but what are some specific things to look for?
Good predictions, little hax, things like that. If you have to ask if it's good enough, it isn't.

I couldn't find this in the research thread, but when the Pledges are used in double or triple battles, which Special Attack stat is used to determine the damage done with a combination attack? I would guess it would be the one corresponding to the animation (Fire + Grass = Fire), but I can't find a definitive answer.

What is a good moveset for a Scolipede max in the Speed Stat?
Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes / Rock Slide
Scolipede belongs to a small group of seven fully evolved Pokemon that learn both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, the rest being Cloyster, Forretress, Garbodor, Omastar, Qwilfish, and Roserade. Every Pokemon in that group has problems that prevent it from becoming a prevalent force in the metagame, but Scolipede's strong Megahorn, Swarm ability, and good coverage allow it to work very well as a designated lead.

Copy pasta'd from The Smog issue 15.

I was wondering, what is a good check to the genies and ponies for the upcoming Wifi tournament? I've heard mixed remarks about Cinccino...

Is Cinccino at all usable in OU? If so, which set?
dont ask if a pokemon is viable, because even magikarp is viable in the ou tier. However, Cincinnos viability isnt that good despite the fact that is just another frail sweeper. It doesnt have the power to hurt foes well and its just meh. I recommend the technician with wake up slap, tail slap, and bullet seed and rock blast or aquatail or something.

On Bulbapedia there are often moves on the list of moves for evolved pokemon that are listed as "Start" for the level at which they are learned, which the prior evolution cannot at any time learn. An example of this is Cross Poison on Crobat. How do you get these moves on a specific pokemon, and is it possible once they are acquired to pass them down as egg moves? i.e., can I Make a Zubat egg with cross poison?

On Bulbapedia there are often moves on the list of moves for evolved pokemon that are listed as "Start" for the level at which they are learned, which the prior evolution cannot at any time learn. An example of this is Cross Poison on Crobat. How do you get these moves on a specific pokemon, and is it possible once they are acquired to pass them down as egg moves? i.e., can I Make a Zubat egg with cross poison?
Those moves can be learned via heart scale tutor.

Wondering of a team core

I was wanting to make a general offense team that can both stall and be on the offense. I was thinking of a cutsap fort or donphan , maybe Jellicent w dual status,possibly a celebi, an infernape, maybe a bliss and some sort of physical wall (maybe skarm w spikes, tox, sky drop and roost ?). Any suggestions ?

I was wanting to make a general offense team that can both stall and be on the offense. I was thinking of a cutsap fort or donphan , maybe Jellicent w dual status,possibly a celebi, an infernape, maybe a bliss and some sort of physical wall (maybe skarm w spikes, tox, sky drop and roost ?). Any suggestions ?
That's a Balanced team, fyi.
A few things:
Custap Berry is unreleased. In other words, you can only use it in DW OU, not standard OU.
A great defensive core in this gen is Ferrocent, which consists of Ferrothorn and Jellicent, who have great synergy with each other, so you coud use that.

That's all for now.
Go build that team, try it out and change the weakest link for something else.

I was wondering, what is a good check to the genies and ponies for the upcoming Wifi tournament? I've heard mixed remarks about Cinccino...
I have next to no VGC '11 experience, but I'd say your best bet to beat them is a successfully pulled off Trick Room (the psychic-types can easily OHKO the fighting ponies, and the genies are pretty frail). Otherwise, your best bet is to out-speed them, requiring either a scarfed mon, relying on a speed tie with tornadus or thunderus, or one of Accelgor (can't kill them, so no), Zebstrika (could work on the genies, and overheat hits Cobalion and Virizion, but it has nothing for terrakion), Cinccino (which is kind of weak), Swoobat (really weak), Serperior (no coverage), or Scolipede. Another option is Tailwind, but the genies commonly use that, so you would be back to a speed-tie situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)