Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mean Look is no longer Baton Passable, for definite.

Spider Web is probably the same case because it's the same move, virtually.

Not sure about Wrap and company.

Mean Look is no longer Baton Passable, for definite.

Spider Web is probably the same case because it's the same move, virtually.

Not sure about Wrap and company.
No, wrap can't be passed anymore, so Fire Spin, Whirlpool and Sand Tomb.
I've run Sand Tomb + Baton Pass on Gliscor back in the 4th gen, but it doesn't work anymore.

Is the move "Perish Song" banned? The reason why I ask this is because I used it today, and the person I was going against said, "You know that is a banned move now right"? Is he right, because he also said he wasn't sure.

Is the move "Perish Song" banned? The reason why I ask this is because I used it today, and the person I was going against said, "You know that is a banned move now right"? Is he right, because he also said he wasn't sure.
No, it's never been banned and probably never will.

Since the smogon damage calculator is not 5th Gen ready, I was wondering if there was a good, user friendly calculator that anyone could lead me to. Thanks in advance!

Anyone got a good pokemon to counter dragon types? (Preferably offensive)
Choiced Dragons can be brought down with Steel-types like Metagross, Scizor, or Ferrothorn. Scizor's Bullet Punch can easily down weakened Dragons but fails against healthy Hydreigons, Salamences, or other Pokemon with Fire moves. Scarf Haxorus, if it can switch in, outspeeds and hits through subs with Dual Chop or Multiscale with Outrage (although Band might be necessary for a OHKO). Other bulky Pokemon with crippling status or Ice moves like Cresselia or even Regigigas can perform well, but have limited use in OU. Tyranitar is noteworthy for stopping the Lati@s cold with enough Special Defense investment.

HP Ice Landorus or Mienshao are capable revenge-killers, as are Ice Shard users of course.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How can I make a quote in my sig be in the blue quote box? I can't quite work out how to do it :/

I recall there being a really good damage calculator mentioned a few months ago. I managed to find every time in the old SQSA but I'm wondering if someone could put it in the OP. It's a great resource but I don't want to have to dig through the thread every time.

Does anyone of you guys know Where to find PP plus?
They are not in the mall of route 9.

I heard we can exchange them fro battle points, but apparently, no the BP counter doesn't have this item.

I know you can get them from trainer in stadium but that's too random.

You get a PP Up after clearing a normal subway line.
E.g. Beat the Single line by doing it three times and then beat the Subway Boss at the end. Then at the platform, there should be a janitor somewhere that will give you a PP Up. This can be done over and over.

Does anyone of you guys know Where to find PP plus?
They are not in the mall of route 9.

I heard we can exchange them fro battle points, but apparently, no the BP counter doesn't have this item.

I know you can get them from trainer in stadium but that's too random.
you can get a star piece everyday at Pinwheel forest Outside, showing a fighting pokémon to a rock. at weekends, You can go to Anville town and change Star pieces into PP Ups.

Being completely new to competitive play i have been reading all the info threads i can find and trying to get myself up to date, however i still have a few questions that i cant find answers too. I understand natures and ev's, but i am a little foggy on IV's. I get the basic concept of IV's, but i am wondering how many stats can a single pokemon have 31 IV's in and how do u get a pokemon with 31 IV's in all stats allowed? Also do tournament players pokemon usually have perfect IV's? (31 in maximum number of stats allowed) Finally my last question, is it possible to play competitive with only gen 5 pokemon? The reason i ask this is because i dont have any gen 3 or 4 games and to my knowledge there is no way of getting older pokemon without them, although if there is a way to get tournament legal pokemon that are gen 1-4 without having a gen 3-4 game please share it with me.

As i said i am completely new to competitive pokemon, so if anything i said was misinformed or you have any tips or links for a new player please let me know :D.

As I see it, Gen V pokes do have some outstanding OU mons, with Haxorus, Ferrothorn, Jellicent and Reuniclus. However, it lacks specific niche pokemon that earlier gens provide, for example Scizor and Jirachi.

Scizor can revenge kill with Bullet Punch and isn't OHKO'd by Outrage, although Mixmence and DD Nite will OHKO him.
Starmie makes a good counter, since it can often outspeed (providing they haven't set up) and shove an Ice Beam in their face.
Scizor is imo the best offensive Dragon counter its not perfect, but there is nothing that can really counter all dragon types.
Choiced Dragons can be brought down with Steel-types like Metagross, Scizor, or Ferrothorn. Scizor's Bullet Punch can easily down weakened Dragons but fails against healthy Hydreigons, Salamences, or other Pokemon with Fire moves. Scarf Haxorus, if it can switch in, outspeeds and hits through subs with Dual Chop or Multiscale with Outrage (although Band might be necessary for a OHKO). Other bulky Pokemon with crippling status or Ice moves like Cresselia or even Regigigas can perform well, but have limited use in OU. Tyranitar is noteworthy for stopping the Lati@s cold with enough Special Defense investment.

HP Ice Landorus or Mienshao are capable revenge-killers, as are Ice Shard users of course.
Heatran works too. Dragon Pulse jk lol. But he will take the first hit from pretty much anything.
Thanks I'm gonna test them all.

Being completely new to competitive play i have been reading all the info threads i can find and trying to get myself up to date, however i still have a few questions that i cant find answers too. I understand natures and ev's, but i am a little foggy on IV's. I get the basic concept of IV's, but i am wondering how many stats can a single pokemon have 31 IV's in and how do u get a pokemon with 31 IV's in all stats allowed? Also do tournament players pokemon usually have perfect IV's? (31 in maximum number of stats allowed) Finally my last question, is it possible to play competitive with only gen 5 pokemon? The reason i ask this is because i dont have any gen 3 or 4 games and to my knowledge there is no way of getting older pokemon without them, although if there is a way to get tournament legal pokemon that are gen 1-4 without having a gen 3-4 game please share it with me.

As i said i am completely new to competitive pokemon, so if anything i said was misinformed or you have any tips or links for a new player please let me know :D.
Any given Pokemon can have 31 IV's in any number of stats, including all or none of them. In-game, people generally either use hacking (for unofficial Wi-Fi play) or RNG abuse (for VGC's, Random Matchup and other official stuff) to get flawless Pokemon, and it is pretty much assumed that all Pokemon have 31 in every stat (or 30 in some for Hidden Powers) in competitive play. You can get the legal gen 1-4 Pokemon through either the dream world, for some (breed them if you don't want the DW ability), or through trading with others (check the Wifi Forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)