Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
with chandelure in UU, what set do you think would be most efficient in that tier;
1) sub with 3 attacks
2) calm mind plus 3 attacks
3) subcm?
4) or other

haunter

Banned deucer.
I run calm with 252 HP/ 156 SpD/ 100 Spe. You can drop the speed to 44 EVs for the standard CB Scizor, but I prefer some more for faster variants and to taunt opposing Jelly before it can status me.

How do you train a Smeargle to Lv. 100? Audino training, I know. But at Lv. 80 it gains only 1500 - 2000 Exp. points. Though the killing process is pretty good as I will do Lock-On + OHKO move, it is still a long process. I need some help. :) Good tips. Thank you.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Elite Four. Battle Dome. Game Freak guy. Bianca. And for the love of your spare time, use a Lucky Egg. You should get to lvl 100 within days.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place that can explain how one gets all the various quirky characters and letters not available on a North American keyboard to appear on a forum like this? I want to adjust my trade thread a little.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place that can explain how one gets all the various quirky characters and letters not available on a North American keyboard to appear on a forum like this? I want to adjust my trade thread a little.
Probably I don't get it; do you want to display these kind of characters?

( ̄□ ̄;)

Windows XP: Enter the "Regional and Language Options" in Control Panel. On the Language tab you can install language packs under "Supplement language support" - CD is needed.

I can't tell for Windows 7, though. It might be similar.

That's pretty close, but what I'm looking for is more like a collection of them together, like in the third menu of most Pokemon games when you're nicknaming something, the menu after caps and lower case, which has all those unusual characters. Do you know where an extensive source of those could be found?

Ο □ Δ ◊ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣ ★ ♪

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map

That's only the first row of the special characters (first character missing), the second (with the smilies) may be not avaiable.

Why is it that Pokemon which have equal defenses have the remaining 4 EVs put into Defense rather than SpDefense?

Do we not care about Download or what...?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There are no commonly used Pokemon in OU that have download, Porygon2 is the only Pokemon in any lower tiers I can think of either. Porygon-Z usually uses Adaptability for more initial power and less of a reliance on matchups.

Basically it comes down to preference. You can put the last 4 evs wherever most times without any issues.

If I switch my Porygon2 in on Latias and gain Levitate, will I take Spikes damage on that switch?
I believe the answer is yes because Porygon2 wouldn't have Levitate upon first coming in, and abilities like Trace that activate when a Pokemon comes in take effect after damage from entry hazards.

Why is it that Pokemon which have equal defenses have the remaining 4 EVs put into Defense rather than SpDefense?

Do we not care about Download or what...?
As tennisace said, there's no common Download Pokemon in OU right now. If you're playing in lower tiers or on DW OU (Genesect is allowed there), then it would be beneficial to put the EVs in SpDef to avoid Download.

Why do we have the SS + Drizzle ban instead of banning Politoed?
Because without swift swim, rain is at least balanced. It might seem like an odd choice to ban a combo and not drizzle or even (heaven forbid) politoed. Smogon in general are against complex bans, but the community decided its the best thing for the metagame without causing too much disruption. That's as simple an answer as i can give you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)