Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone know of a good Rapid Spinner for sand teams that isn't Forretress? I don't like using Forry for spin support because it gets trapped and killed by Magnezone too easily, yet I need a spinner so I can prevent Ferrothorn from getting up a full 3 layers of Spikes against me.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Forretress is the only OU spinner that can directly switch into Forretress. You can try a defensive Hitmontop with foresight-rapid spin so Jellicent doesn't make it completely useless.

Reuniclus, Escavalier, Druddigon, Emboar, Metagross, Scizor, Eruption Heatran, and Tyranitar all function fairly well in Trick Room. Dragonite, Chandelure, and Gallade all have base 80 speed, which you may find a little high. Victini has high speed for a TR sweeper, but V-Create lowers its speed.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Anyone know of a good Rapid Spinner for sand teams that isn't Forretress? I don't like using Forry for spin support because it gets trapped and killed by Magnezone too easily, yet I need a spinner so I can prevent Ferrothorn from getting up a full 3 layers of Spikes against me.
I've found that Claydol can actually work quite well.
Claydol @ Leftovers
Bold / Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power / Earthquake

If you run Relaxed, using a 0 Speed IV doesn't hurt.

Hey, Im planning a Double Battle team, which would be a better partner for a Jellicent wall that im going to boost with a Kinda bulky Calm Mind Meinshoa's baton pass?

Jellicent @ Leftovers Calm Nature EV: 252 HP/ 132 Sp. Def/ 124 Def
Surf
Recover
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

First thoughts
1) I could run Ferrothorn; who could set up hazards
2) Garbodor, who has a different Type with less common weaknesses while also setting up
3) Blissey, would free up a move slot on Jellyfish because she can heal him for me. Also, could spread dissease with toxic.

I read the status ailment for Black and White but the sleep part didn't really make sense.

Lets just say that i send in a Breloom after a death, then the Pokemon attacks me but I don't die, I then spore them. Does the Pokemon have a chance of waking up next turn or will it always atleast sleep until the turn after? also what happens if I put them to sleep first?

The amount of sleep turns is determined by RNG, and the lowest is 2 turns, so of Breloom is slower, you are gaurenteed a free turn. If you're faster, the turn you put them to sleep counts, so you could possibly not have a free turn, the same way as in Gen 4.

The change is when you switch. In gen 4, if you were RNG'd 3 sleep turns, yet switched out after 2, when you come back it will continue. In gen 5, the RNG is done again, and you have anywhere from EDIT: apparently, its 1-4 sleep turns once again.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
On PO, harvest will restore your berry as soon as you consume it. This results in slow pokemon consuming their sitrus berries before they attack, harvest restoring the berry, and the pokemon consuming it again if still under 50% health.

Is this supposed to happen? Do all pinch berries sans custap trigger before you attack? How often does harvest restore a berry in a single turn (on PO it restores it until you can't use it anymore).

That must be a glitch in PO's servers.

I can't tell you where I read this (was this forum), but the berry restores at the end of the turn once, so let's take this hypothetical situation:

Pokemon A Attacks Harvestmon
Harvestmon has 19%, Sitrus Berry restores
Harvestmon attacks. Nothing special.

End of turn, Sitrus is brought back, it heals (at 49%), and the berry isn't recalled till the end of next turn.

I hope I've helped, and can clarify if this was confusing.

EDIT: Look at ThePhalanx's post, his makes more sense than mine.

^ I assume he means that Harvest should only activate once at the end of each turn. So if Harvestmon has 19% HP, then eats a Sitrus Berry, Harvest should activate, giving it another berry. This berry is then eaten, leaving Harvestmon with 49% HP. However Harvest should NOT activate again until the end of next turn.

Anyways I was looking up Sheer Force and Serebii says that it removes Life Orb recoil ONLY ON MOVES IT AFFECTS. I know Serebii makes mistakes sometimes, so I want to clarify. Say a Sheer Force LO Rampardos uses EQ. Will the LO recoil be removed or not?

No it would not. EQ doesn't have a secondary effect that Sheer Force would remove, so LO recoil would still happen.

If Rampardos used Rock Slide, The flince Chance would be removed as will LO recoil.

Trust me, ThePalanx, I have used Sheer Force Nidoking enough to know this :D

When using the move echoed voice. Does the power increase each turn? Does it have to be used by different pokemon to increase in power?
Say Wigglytuff used Echoed voice on the switch, if he uses it again does the power increase?

Anyone have a list of currently released berries?
I know I'm gonna face a ton of flaming, but Serebii has them. Before you flame, a lot of Serebii's DW info comes from us. Just saying.

When using the move echoed voice. Does the power increase each turn? Does it have to be used by different pokemon to increase in power?
Say Wigglytuff used Echoed voice on the switch, if he uses it again does the power increase?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it only works in Doubles and Triples, where if both (or all 3) Pokémon use it in one turn, the power increases.
I am quite sure its not like Rollout or Fury Cutter where the power increases each turn you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)