Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer MK V: We're Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone think of a single Pokemon that can switch into and promptly KO Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Jellicent?
Individually or even in twosomes this would be easy, but I can't think of any way to kill all 3 of them without using two Pokemon.

What Metagross sets are still effective, and should I run Ice Punch on all metagross to bypass the counters mentioned?

Can anyone think of a single Pokemon that can switch into and promptly KO Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Jellicent?
Individually or even in twosomes this would be easy, but I can't think of any way to kill all 3 of them without using two Pokemon.
The best I can think of is Life Orb Infernape running Overheat / Close Combat / Grass Knot / coverage with 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe Naive / Hasty, which OHKO's Ferrothorn and Blissey respectively but only manages a 2HKO after rocks against Jellicent.

Another possibility might be Choice Band Dragonite, which slices through Blissey and Jellicent with Outrage after rocks (may want a little residual damage to ensure the kill) and Ferrothorn with Fire Punch. Brick Break is an option for a solid 2HKO against Blissey if locking into Outrage isn't desirable, but again, Jellicent is tougher to break down.

What else... mixed Tyranitar with Crunch and/or Pursuit, Fire Blast and Superpower? Still has issues with Blissey (though Choice Band Tyranitar smashes it), but Jellicent and Ferrothorn won't like it much.

The best I can think of is Life Orb Infernape running Overheat / Close Combat / Grass Knot / coverage with 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe Naive / Hasty, which OHKO's Ferrothorn and Blissey respectively but only manages a 2HKO after rocks against Jellicent.

Another possibility might be Choice Band Dragonite, which slices through Blissey and Jellicent with Outrage after rocks (may want a little residual damage to ensure the kill) and Ferrothorn with Fire Punch. Brick Break is an option for a solid 2HKO against Blissey if locking into Outrage isn't desirable, but again, Jellicent is tougher to break down.

What else... mixed Tyranitar with Crunch and/or Pursuit, Fire Blast and Superpower? Still has issues with Blissey (though Choice Band Tyranitar smashes it), but Jellicent and Ferrothorn won't like it much.
CB Nite is probably gonna be my best bet for the team I'm making, but LO Infernape might work too.
Thanks Tetrinity!

edit: omg I am so dumb.......... I just realized that Breloom exists.....

CB Nite is probably gonna be my best bet for the team I'm making, but LO Infernape might work too.
Thanks Tetrinity!

edit: omg I am so dumb.......... I just realized that Breloom exists.....
Also: Salamence can obliterate all three without breaking a sweat, as can my mixed Dragonite set I have currently going through QC.

And so can SD Heracross with Toxic Orb :P that motherfucker can OHKO or 2HKO every single set outside of Ubers. That includes all the UU, RU and such Pokemon like Tangrowth, Dusclops, Slowbro, etc. After only one turn of set up too. Someone just posted it this morning on the wallbreaking thread... Bluemon I think. Utterly astounding that anything can do that with 1 turn of set up and only 3 moves of coverage.

Also: Salamence can obliterate all three without breaking a sweat, as can my mixed Dragonite set I have currently going through QC.

And so can SD Heracross with Toxic Orb :P that motherfucker can OHKO or 2HKO every single set outside of Ubers. That includes all the UU, RU and such Pokemon like Tangrowth, Dusclops, Slowbro, etc. After only one turn of set up too. Someone just posted it this morning on the wallbreaking thread... Bluemon I think. Utterly astounding that anything can do that with 1 turn of set up and only 3 moves of coverage.
Yeah, the reason I hesitate over Salamence (and to a lesser extent, Dragonite) is because a Toxic, WoW, or T-Wave could cripple them. The problem with my worrying about status is that status cripples just about anything. I considered Natural Cure Pokemon, but they all (and i mean all) get fucked by Blissey.

I think I've settled on Breloom, although Blissey with Seismic Toss could still be a problem if I go for SubPunch.

And yeah, SD Guts Heracross is a freaking boss and can't be walled by anything at all ever. It would work too for my purposes, although it doesn't quite fit the rest of the team.

Heh, I forgot about that Heracross set, that'd work quite nicely too. Mind you, it gets revenged extremely easily with 80/75/95 defences, 85 speed and the ton of residual damage it ends up taking... anything that outspeeds or has priority will destroy it. Hell, even something with Substitute or Protect would help take it down that much easier.

Ignore this if it isnt allowed..

Does anyone have an English version of Pokestock for my Pokemon Emerald rom? I want to not use crappy pokemon for the battle frontier.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why do so many people run Substitute on Calm Mind Latias? What does Substitute accomplish exactly? Choice Band Scizor can't OHKO with Bullet Punch and Gengar can't kill it with Shadow Ball if Latias uses CM on the switch.

[replay]http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-za-vs-Bitey-Idris--2012-04-11[/replay]

This was a battle I just had with my Terrakion/Lucario team. Do you think it was an interesting enough fight to warrant warstorying?

When using vitamins for EVs, they stop working once the Pokemon hits 100 EVs. If a Pokemon has 93 EVs in a stat and you use a vitamin in that stat, will it stop at 100 or will it have 103 EVs?

Why do so many people run Substitute on Calm Mind Latias? What does Substitute accomplish exactly? Choice Band Scizor can't OHKO with Bullet Punch and Gengar can't kill it with Shadow Ball if Latias uses CM on the switch.
Probably because it blocks Toxic, which would normally destroy Latias. It also serves as a defensive buffer, allows you to scout, and let's you beat Scizors that like to Uturn on everything.

What would be a great wallbreaker for UU? I've got a team that has great synergy, but a good defensive core is hard to break if they have Xatu (rendering my statusers useless).

What would be a great wallbreaker for UU? I've got a team that has great synergy, but a good defensive core is hard to break if they have Xatu (rendering my statusers useless).
Your answer is right here in this thread actually.

BOOM. Wall problem solved. (I can't say I've actually USED it but if THAT doesn't get the job done, nothing will.)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Ignore this if it isnt allowed..

Does anyone have an English version of Pokestock for my Pokemon Emerald rom? I want to not use crappy pokemon for the battle frontier.
Read not just the rules for the thread but the forum itself. No talking about ROMs allowed. None

snip

This was a battle I just had with my Terrakion/Lucario team. Do you think it was an interesting enough fight to warrant warstorying?
Only you can decide because only you know your thought processes. I know the prospect of a lot of work for a negative reception is daunting, but when in doubt, write it out. Typically the fun of a warstory is 80/20 commentary and battle, so the battle you chose matters a bit less than most people tend to make it.

@Ithilanor

First turn hax is a huge turn-off for the audience. Also, you dont have to win the match. Most warstories are better with losses.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
If I have a pokemon with Pokerus in 3rd gen and transfer it to 4th gen and then 5th gen, does the pokemon keep Pokerus or does it vanish during transfer?

What are some of the fastest ways to get PP Up in BW?
Subway. If you complete the 21 battles on any of the normal lines, you can talk to someone on the station platform and they will give you a PP Up. This can be done repeatedly so if you have a team that can plow through the pokemon quickly you can gather them efficiently. You can also get PP Ups on the super lines after the same number of wins, but the normal lines are easier because the opponents are weaker overall. As a bonus, you also gather battle points to buy items and TMs.

PP Ups are also obtained by beating either of the 2 Ace Trainers at the Nimbasa Sports Arenas, and PP Maxes are obtained by beating either of the 2 veterans. This requires luck though because their appearance in any of the arenas is random. You could manipulate the clock on your DS to make the trainers change until an Ace Trainer/Veteran appears I guess, but that's tedious.

If you have a pokemon with Pickup at level 91 or above and it picks up an item, there is a 5% chance that the item will be PP Up. Of course, you need to get a level 91 Pickup pokemon first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)