Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Monotype Edition

So Kingdra's three weaknesses are Dragon, Fairy, and Electric is my memory is right. Ice is neutral on it. But Freeze-Dry is a Ice moves thats super-effective on water types, and Ice is super-effective on dragon too. So does Kingdra have a 4x weakness to Freeze-Dry?

So Kingdra's three weaknesses are Dragon, Fairy, and Electric is my memory is right. Ice is neutral on it. But Freeze-Dry is a Ice moves thats super-effective on water types, and Ice is super-effective on dragon too. So does Kingdra have a 4x weakness to Freeze-Dry?
Type effectiveness for multi-type Pokémon can be calculated by looking at each type individually and multiplying the result. Kingdra’s water typing gives it 1/2x damage from ice attacks and it’s dragon typing gives it 2x. 1/2 x 2 = 1, so it’s neutral to ice attacks. For Freeze Dry, it’s effect causes it to be super effective against water types so the calculation becomes 2 x 2 = 4, so Freeze Dry is doubly super effective against Kingdra.

I've tried attaching Terrain extender on pokemon with Terrain abilities and it doesn't work. Does it not work on abilities, or is it just broken on Showdown?

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've tried attaching Terrain extender on pokemon with Terrain abilities and it doesn't work. Does it not work on abilities, or is it just broken on Showdown?
That's weird... I've used Terrain Extender and it worked perfectly with abilities

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Weather works differently than the Terrains. If you want to extend your weather turns, you have to use the Rocks. Damp Rock (:damp-rock:) for rain, Heat Rock (:heat-rock:) for sun, Icy Rock (:icy-rock:) for hail and Smooth Rock (:smooth-rock:) for sand. Hope I helped!
In addition to that, both Damp Rock and Smooth Rock are banned in SS Monotype, but Icy Rock and Heat Rock are allowed.
ahh thanks for the help. Also why are damp and smooth banned but not icy and heat?

Band

scatters things often
MegaBanette69, I'm not completely sure, but it's probably due to the excelent mons that can abuse both rain and sand.

Rain: Swift Swimmers like :Kingdra:, :Ludicolo:, :seismitoad: and, :Barraskewda:, Hydration :Manaphy: with Rest, and Choice Specs :Keldeo: all come to mind when it comes to VERY strong offensive rain abusers. Rain Dish :tentacruel: can serve as a stall asset with black sludge, and :Blastoise: can run both a sweeper Shell Smash set or a defensive Rain Dish set with leftovers and Protect. Rain setters like :Pelipper: and :Politoed: are also very good Pokemon and don't serve a purely weather setting role, as they can run not only the Damp Rock, but also items like Choice Specs. :Pelipper: can also run Heavy-Duty Boots and Defog, a very useful role compression along with it's good base 100 Defense, serving as a defensive wall, weather setter and defogger.

Sand: Sand abusers like :gigalith:, :Tyranitar:, and :Rhyperior: benefit greatly from the SpDef boost sand gives them, as they have already high Defense stats. This also applies to :terrakion:, which as ok bulk, but the boost also helps. Sand Rush :Excadrill: and :lycanroc: become unstopabble after a Swords Dance boost in sand. :Hippowdon: serves as a great sand setter and physical wall, and :Tyranitar: can be defensive, offensive, supportive, and much more. Sand also chips at the opposing team, along with most rock/ground mons getting Spikes and Stealth Rock.

TLDR: these two weathers are very flexible and have very good abusers

MegaBanette69, I'm not completely sure, but it's probably due to the excelent mons that can abuse both rain and sand.
And just to add to this, with regards to Heat Rock most of Suns best abusers are Grass types rather than Fire types, so there aren't THAT many super strong Fire type sun abusers, and mono Grass doesn't have any Drought users to set sun automatically.

Question will Calyrexs rider forms be qbed? Or are they available to use for a little while? I’m asking this as I look into movesets and stuff

Roxiee guess I shoulda asked here my bad

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Question will Calyrexs rider forms be qbed? Or are they available to use for a little while? I’m asking this as I look into movesets and stuff
They'll be free to use at the beginning but they're extremely likely going to be quickbanned (the Ghost one in particular).

Is there somewhere where the banned list is clear I feel like im not finding it and I know the Calyrex riding pokemon are banned but are the horses by themselves banned?

Is there somewhere where the banned list is clear I feel like im not finding it and I know the Calyrex riding pokemon are banned but are the horses by themselves banned?
I believe the most accurate banlist as of right now can be found here, and no the horses themselves are not banned.

On a real note though, does anyone else have a feeling that in the near future that aegislash might be banned again? I mean I doubt it since its easier to get around the Ferro/Tran/Aegi immunity core on steel but I just want to know what the general population has to say.

On a real note though, does anyone else have a feeling that in the near future that aegislash might be banned again? I mean I doubt it since its easier to get around the Ferro/Tran/Aegi immunity core on steel but I just want to know what the general population has to say.
Not likely. Even before the Crown Tundra DLC added more Pokemon, Aegislash was not broken or anything, so it's pretty safe to assume that it will remain here.

Not likely. Even before the Crown Tundra DLC added more Pokemon, Aegislash was not broken or anything, so it's pretty safe to assume that it will remain here.
Yeah, but that was before Steel had Heatran support to round out the immunity core. Aegislash itself isn't broken; Aegislash with support from the rest of the Steel core makes the type very strong and hard to break. The only way to reasonably break that core is to ban part of it, and if that happens it's likely to be the one that's been banned before.

That being said I don't really care which way it goes.

I need some help and I feel like im stuck. I am part of a gym league and was given Mono Dragon and I can't find a niche. I have looked all over and I feel like all I have found has been that, they are all sweepers or Revenge killers or wall breakers, Is there any walls? Should I even worry? Whats the best way to play Mono Dragons? I have been trying to find a Guide that could maybe break it down more for me to understand how best to play them and I haven't been able to. If anyone could help me out it would mean a whole lot to me.

I need some help and I feel like im stuck. I am part of a gym league and was given Mono Dragon and I can't find a niche. I have looked all over and I feel like all I have found has been that, they are all sweepers or Revenge killers or wall breakers, Is there any walls? Should I even worry? Whats the best way to play Mono Dragons? I have been trying to find a Guide that could maybe break it down more for me to understand how best to play them and I haven't been able to. If anyone could help me out it would mean a whole lot to me.
Duraludon and Kommo-o are good physical walls, while Dragalge and Goodra are good special walls. With DLC 2, dragon acquired bulky mons such as Dragonite and Latias/Latios. Thanks to it's great offensive mons, offenses are very popular in drag but balances with mons I mentioned previously are viable too. These two replays (xHys vs imjustgray, King Choco vs Dieu Amphibien) might give you an idea of how the type is commonly played (note that Kyurem-Black is now banned), but several other options are possible !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)