Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Monotype Edition

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
How does each type deal with scarf Hydreigon? Many teams automatically lose to it, as I can personally vouch for.
Choice Scarf Hydreigon isn’t common but generally defensive Pokemon and revenge killers are good checks to it. It has a harder time beating down walls like Toxapex and Corviknight because of the power loss that can cripple it with status or set up respectively more easily as a result from not running Choice Specs or Nasty Plot. Faster Choice Scarf users and priority users like Gengar, Dragapult and Mamoswine respectively also beat it pretty well. Once you figure out good ways to deal with it, you’ll realize that the notion of it straight up beating a lot of types isn’t true.

Last edited:
I was talking about it beating many teams, not many types.
But anyway, I assume Fighting is way better with the musketeer gang back, if not by very much. What sort of new stuff can they do with the boys here?

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So Cobalion is a good utility Pokemon, Terrakion is a good revenge killer, and Keldeo is a good special wallbreaker. What niche does Virizion have on Fighting then?
Virizion can use a Swords dance set with Leaf Blade , substitute or other coverage move. It can be used to ease the teams match up against water type teams since Breloom is not available to use which helped Fighting type teams against water teams. You could also try Scarf Virizon though its kinda weak but it allows you to use Double Dance set on Terrakion. Hope this helps you.

Virizion can use a Swords dance set with Leaf Blade , substitute or other coverage move. It can be used to ease the teams match up against water type teams since Breloom is not available to use which helped Fighting type teams against water teams. You could also try Scarf Virizon though its kinda weak but it allows you to use Double Dance set on Terrakion. Hope this helps you.
Hm... What about Calm Mind Virizion?

IRT monotype team building, which move do want more? Rapid spin or Defog? Also, do you try to fit stealth rock, spikes, toxic, tspikes all into the same team? Which is more desirable?

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
IRT monotype team building, which move do want more? Rapid spin or Defog? Also, do you try to fit stealth rock, spikes, toxic, tspikes all into the same team? Which is more desirable?
It really depends on the type and the type of team you're going for, for both of these questions. It's like what we discussed on Discord about hazard removal and how different types sometimes run different forms. PM me there and I can explain further.

mushamu

God jihyo
What's the best type in the current meta?
Is any type seen as unviable?
I personally don't think there's a solid best type right now, but Steel, Dragon, Water, and Psychic are some really good ones that are all up there. I wouldn't say any type is unviable, Fighting was pretty bad before Pokemon Home dropped but now that the Swords of Justice are out it's alright. Although some types may be better than others, the good thing about this metagame is that every type has some sort of niche that makes it worth using in high levels of play.

Deleted User 325563

Banned deucer.
So what drove the council to push for a Melmetal suspect versus a Kyurem-B suspect, or anything else for the matter.

I def deserve the hate for posting that in the suspect thread LOL
Don't know, probably because Melmetal is a new mon but Kyurem isn't. We are much more familiar on how Kyurem affects monotype from the past gens. Banded Melmetal was very hard to deal with under Trick Room, being able to 2KO most stuff + having that good chance of flinching. Most people complained about it too, ignoring how insanely broken Kyurem Black is right now in my opinion. But both are broken and have to go.

Just making sure, is there a "Nat Dex" Monotype on Showdown yet? And if not, are there plans to?

Also really new to this, started competitive last Gen and this site helped me out a bunch when starting out.
Although there is not an official ladder, it is a monotype OM that we have tours for a few times a week. Here is a link to the discord: https://discord.gg/jMUZrC for further questions about the meta ask there

I hereby declare the people's desire for a natdex mono ladder. Is this at all a possibility or will it stay relegated to a once in a while tour thing?

Calaeb

formerly Pawwz
With the release of Libero Cinderace, do you think that it could rise in the viability rankings or possibly be suspected in the future? Explain your reasoning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)