Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have a question that I really need expanded on. Is there a way to check IVs in the 5th generation? I was gonna go have my 1st B&W battle with one of my friends and, come to find out, there is no set lv 100 battles. This had me thinking. How in the world am I gonna grind to check IVs? THe other half is, is it even worth it since there are no set lv 100 battles? To answer you questions, I dont have the necessary equipment for Pokesav and I feel a lot better and get more satisfaction grinding to get em and I like to use them a lot in game. But, things are looking grim and I have no idea if im right or wrong. Any advice would be helpful or anything I havent found out about.
There is not, the most accurate thing to do is passing through all the game and when you get lots of rare candies you use Metalkid IV calculator to find out your IV's. So to summarize, is better not bother with it until you finish the game since there is no easy way to know accurate IV's.

Hey, can someone help me with this team?

Heatran-balloon stealth rock lead
Ferrothorn- Spikes, seed
Latios- some kind of special attacker with Psycho Shock
Lilligant- Butterfly Dancer/Sleep inducer
Chandelure- Choice-Scarf revenge killer
Milotic- Bulky Water with Toxic

I'm open to changing any member, but Milotic. how can I improve this?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can you get an egg move with dream world ability?
If the Pokémon with a Dream World ability is female, then it has a 50% chance of passing on the ability, so it can get egg moves as normal. However, all event Pokémon that have been released so far (starters, Eeveelutions, etc.) have been exclusively male, so they cannot get egg moves.

Unless you really don't want to get Spored by Breloom, yeah, you don't need to run speed
I was thinking Breloom and Skarmory. Because I don't want to get Brave Birded before Fire Blasting, do I?

Also Metagross is 70. Vaporeon, Umbreon, Scizor are 65. And Swampert is 60, so I think a negative nature would actually have me go after Swamp.

So Emboar having enough speed to at least be tied with the 70s if not one above them seems kind of important. Of course then it seems I would either have to weaken super power or decrease a defense.

Gah... the worst part of this is no EV reducing berries exist!

I could.

By the way, I ran calculations, and say you had full HP EPs on Emboar and a certain attack does 58% damage to you.

I ran that same attack as if you had no HP EPs, and 124 EPs in defense. Turns out now you take about 57%.

Looking at it this way, on a set where you don't use moves that give you recoil, wouldn't it be better to boost his defenses equally rather than HP? I'll run a few more calculations to make sure.

EDIT: The difference seems to be within 1% each time. Hmmm...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
By the way, I ran calculations, and say you had full HP EPs on Emboar and a certain attack does 58% damage to you.

I ran that same attack as if you had no HP EPs, and 124 EPs in defense. Turns out now you take about 57%.

Looking at it this way, on a set where you don't use moves that give you recoil, wouldn't it be better to boost his defenses equally rather than HP? I'll run a few more calculations to make sure.

EDIT: The difference seems to be within 1% each time. Hmmm...
On Pokémon with substantially higher base HP than defenses, it is more effective to invest in defenses, yes (since each point will have a proportionally greater effect in that case). There's a calculator somewhere that will tell you the most efficient spreads. Recoil moves, Leech Seed, and so on will also have an effect, but in terms of raw defense, that's how it works.

On Pokémon with substantially higher base HP than defenses, it is more effective to invest in defenses, yes (since each point will have a proportionally greater effect in that case). There's a calculator somewhere that will tell you the most efficient spreads. Recoil moves, Leech Seed, and so on will also have an effect, but in terms of raw defense, that's how it works.
Yeah, on a recoil Emboar it is better to go for HP, but otherwise it's almost even with splitting EPs in defenses being a bit better.

And I think if I run Super Power I will decrease DEF and add SPATK, since a negative defense value will only result in about 5% more damage. Yeah... I want that tiny shred of speed that badly.

So I´m shortly before getting my german version of Pokemon White. I intend to play competitively on that game in the future(after breeding), but I usually don´t grind to Lv100.
Now my question: If I do Lv50 battles, which changes are to be considered regarding EV spreads?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So I´m shortly before getting my german version of Pokemon White. I intend to play competitively on that game in the future(after breeding), but I usually don´t grind to Lv100.
Now my question: If I do Lv50 battles, which changes are to be considered regarding EV spreads?
The damage percentages should be the same, so the main thing to consider is that, due to rounding, you can sometimes pull 4 EVs out of a stat without decreasing it, and put them elsewhere. Build your team on a simulator to check it.

i hear alot about this.. Eviolite or whatever..

where is it.. and what is it? am i missing something?
In Castelia City, there's a guy who will give you the Eviolite if your Pokedex has 25 Pokemon seen in it. He's located in the building in the back of the city, next to the Route 4 gatehouse; the lobby will have a guy with a Patrat in it.

Veerrrrry useful item, you should grab it asap.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alongside Voodoo Pimp's Answer, it would now take 8 EV's to raise a stat by 1, meaning 248 EV's would fully EV a Pokemon at Lv50, if I'm not mistaken.

Don't know if I'm right here, but...
Just been SR'ing for a good natured Virizion and, after a lot of horrible natures, I encountered an Adamant one.
Now I'm asking if there's some use in it?

Don't know if I'm right here, but...
Just been SR'ing for a good natured Virizion and, after a lot of horrible natures, I encountered an Adamant one.
Now I'm asking if there's some use in it?
Adamant boosts Atk and hinders SpAtk. It's the best nature if you run physical set with Close Combat / Sacred Sword & Leaf Blade. Maybe you miss the healing from Giga Drain but Leaf Blade is worth it anyway.

Adamant boosts Atk and hinders SpAtk. It's the best nature if you run physical set with Close Combat / Sacred Sword & Leaf Blade. Maybe you miss the healing from Giga Drain but Leaf Blade is worth it anyway.
It's because I've been told that Virizion is better in defensive.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think he means an item in WL.

If its the item which was called ABility Call in japanese. then it activates your partner's ability(aka you can get an extra intimidate out of salamence in doubles etc.)

I know this is a question that has been asked several times, but it seems to get different answers everytime. If i fill my boxes and battle the main legendary, can I get him shiny when I rebattle him later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)