Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You can do an IV battle if you C-Gear IR battle. It forces your Pokemon to become level 50.

However, it's not 100% accurate due to how stats are generated at level 50.

Is there a way to increase the chance of the shaking earth/grass/water occuring? And will it occur if you just sit in one spot, or do you need to be moving?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You need to be moving around to make shaking spots appear. Keep in mind that they can appear anywhere in the route/screen, even areas that you can't see or access.

I've read somewhere that there is always exactly 1 shaking spot in a route, but it can be on tiles with no grass. I don't know when they change, though.

Sorry if it's been asked:

If I start again on Pokemon B/W, can I still get Victini a second time even though I've had it on my last playthrough? It's not something silly like one per cartridge or anything like that?

No, they have 0 EVs. Pokemon gain EV only when used by trainers.

I'm sure Serebii has EV training guide.
EDIT: It's http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

Anyway, the in-game trades are set. I get these from Bulbapedia:

- Petilil & Cottonee: Modest, 20/20/20/31/20/20, Chlorophyll & Prankster respectively.
- Basculin: Adamant, 20/31/20/20/20/20, Reckless.
- Emolga: Lax, 20/20/31/20/20/20.
- Rotom: 20/20/20/20/31/20.
- Munchlax: 31/20/20/20/20/20, Thick Fat.
Thank you! and nice! I don't feel like breeding or learning how to RNG, so that list is decent for IVS.

EDIT:

Question! How you reset your EVs on your pokemons or you must get a new one to start EV training your desired stats?

Thanks

I have a hard time deciding on my special Emboar.
The two movesets:

Focus Blast
Fire Blast
Scald
Grass Knot

or

Superpower
Fire Blast
Scald
Grass Knot

If the second is better, what nature should it have? And despite the "double blast" I think I am leaning toward the second due to FB's pisspoor accuracy and the ability to kill Chansey, Blissey, Regice, and the like. Too bad egg moves can't be re-taught through heart scales...

So Emboar's speed should just be utterly ignored? I was thinking of running enough speed to beat neutral 70s. Bad idea?

Doesn't really make much sense to outspeed base 70s considering there aren't any common ones to begin with, and Emboar likes its defenses. You still beat TTars and Blisseys/Chanseys so its not a problem.

If a Pokemon at level 100 gains EVs, it is applied immediately after the battle(Like your Blissey has 700 HP at Lv 100, it fights a Biddof and wins, its HP becomes 701 right after the battle). This is applicable only for Lv 100 Pokemon.

Doesn't really make much sense to outspeed base 70s considering there aren't any common ones to begin with, and Emboar likes its defenses. You still beat TTars and Blisseys/Chanseys so its not a problem.
Unless you really don't want to get Spored by Breloom, yeah, you don't need to run speed

Hey guys, I have a question that I really need expanded on. Is there a way to check IVs in the 5th generation? I was gonna go have my 1st B&W battle with one of my friends and, come to find out, there is no set lv 100 battles. This had me thinking. How in the world am I gonna grind to check IVs? THe other half is, is it even worth it since there are no set lv 100 battles? To answer you questions, I dont have the necessary equipment for Pokesav and I feel a lot better and get more satisfaction grinding to get em and I like to use them a lot in game. But, things are looking grim and I have no idea if im right or wrong. Any advice would be helpful or anything I havent found out about.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The only difference in the EV system is that when your EVs increase, the change is applied to your stats immediately, rather than when you gain a level or put it in the PC. Aside from that, it's the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)