Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of a simple EV question--
say I fully EV train a pokemon as it's level ~45, level it up to 51 and set it aside to be used for the VGC. From what I (think I) know about EVs, I wouldn't have seen the full effect of my EV training yet, right?
If I enter said pokemon into the VGC and it "auto"-levels me down to 50 will it compensate for all my EV training and will I conceivably see higher stats?

Sort of a simple EV question--
say I fully EV train a pokemon as it's level ~45, level it up to 51 and set it aside to be used for the VGC. From what I (think I) know about EVs, I wouldn't have seen the full effect of my EV training yet, right?
If I enter said pokemon into the VGC and it "auto"-levels me down to 50 will it compensate for all my EV training and will I conceivably see higher stats?
Generally, if I understand it correctly, a Pokemon's stats aren't derived from any kind of "history" of that pokemon. The game doesn't care what level that pokemon is, it cares about the pokemon's base stats (from species), IVs (from birth), nature (again, from birth) and EVs (from training).

The game's able to scale any pokemon to any level, which means that in an environment where you're autoscaled to a level 50 cap, the game doesn't care whether you're level 50 or level 100; your resulting stats are the same, because it just recalculates what your stats should be at that level.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

[EDIT: Also, yes and no, the degree to which your EV training will influence stats will be different. However, as far as I know, the proportional effect stays the same; if your EVs are giving +30 at level 100, I believe they're designed to give +15 at level 50.)

What are some Pokemon that enjoy having Tyranitar taken out of the picture?
Ghosts and Psychic types that are afraid of Pursuit, and generally anything that doesn't want to take a tough Stone Edge. Also Tyranitar is the best or second best sandstorm starter. Shedinja operates much better without it

Any sweepers that can take advantage of Tyranitar's absence would be what I'm aiming for. Sorry. ^^;
The point is that the question is pretty vague. Tyranitar's attack gives it a lot of threat against a lot of Pokemon.

But, for perhaps your best example, any sun or rain sweeper is going to love having Ttar gone, because it means it can't switch in and negate their weather.

Also, as was stated, anything weak to Dark attacks is going to have to wait until Tyranitar is gone before it can try setting up. Chandelure and Reuniclus come to mind.

Where do you get soul dew in these games??
It's currently unreleased. It's best to wait for an event.

Edit: Can you offer the "Crown Beasts" in GTS Negotiations? I've never seen one (and I missed the event; I don't have any of them), despite my greeting being "Want to trade ENTEI? Here's a hint: EXTREMESPEED!" while trading with many Japanese players.

I'm hoping you can trade them, because if not, then I'm screwed (As I don't know anyone who has one, or if anyone will even trade me one)

I want to confirm my streak in the BSub records board, but i don't know where to go to get the green screen so many people are finding.

Help would be appreciated.

I want to confirm my streak in the BSub records board, but i don't know where to go to get the green screen so many people are finding.

Help would be appreciated.
Vs. Recorder, under "Random Matchup".

It's not necessarily green, that's just the default. You can change the color by tapping the lines on the sides of the Vs. Recorder's main menu.

I know the minigame for Eeveelutions with DW abilities ends tonight. Do I just need to beat the minigame by the end of the night, or do I actually need to get to the Entralink in the game and collect it tonight? I'm almost there, but not quite.

Also, since I have 2 carts, if I want 2 Eeveelutions, do I need 2 Pokémon Trainer Club accounts?

I know the minigame for Eeveelutions with DW abilities ends tonight. Do I just need to beat the minigame by the end of the night, or do I actually need to get to the Entralink in the game and collect it tonight? I'm almost there, but not quite.

Also, since I have 2 carts, if I want 2 Eeveelutions, do I need 2 Pokémon Trainer Club accounts?
They haven't released the Eeveelutions yet, so I imagine you only have to beat the minigame.

I guess this is kind of a silly question but...has anyone somehow looked at the, uh, coding I guess of Dream World?
To see how it determines things like genders, what area you go to and so on

Is that even possible? I know we grabbed all art assets used in the DW, but I guess actually looking at how things work would be different

doesnt really deserve it's own thread.. so i'll ask it here..

just wondering... but when you guys plays opponents in WiFi or on the shoddy server... do you feel less threatened when you see a team full of shiny pokemon? compared to regular colored?

because i do..

I guess this is kind of a silly question but...has anyone somehow looked at the, uh, coding I guess of Dream World?
To see how it determines things like genders, what area you go to and so on

Is that even possible? I know we grabbed all art assets used in the DW, but I guess actually looking at how things work would be different
You likely need to hack the website itself, which, unlike hacking a cartridge, is obviously a lot more problematic.

doesnt really deserve it's own thread.. so i'll ask it here..

just wondering... but when you guys plays opponents in WiFi or on the shoddy server... do you feel less threatened when you see a team full of shiny pokemon? compared to regular colored?

because i do..
Not really, I have a lot of shiny EV'eds (unintentionally, many are from trades), so it doesn't really affect my view on them.

Also, I just traded with someone from South Korea. I offered them the kind of things that in-game people want (Like my crappy level 100 shiny Kyurem), but they disconnected. I really wanted their Korean Drifblim simply because of the name. Is there any easier way to get Korean Pokés other than ordering Korean B/W online (if possible)? I doubt I'll ever find someone from Korea again, that was probably the first time in ~1,000 GTS Negotiation trades..

Okay, so I plan on getting an Action Replay, but I have questions before I do:

• Can I use any type of Action Replay? (I use NDS Lite)
  • Are these cartridges even available in stores? I know they've been released a long time ago.
  • What cheat codes are most vital for pokemon breeding? And what are the codes for these? I DON'T WANT codes considered illegal please.
  • How do I put cheat codes on to the cartridge?
Thanks to anyone who will answer my questions.

anything related to the ar is considered illegal isn't it? im pretty sure there are rules saying you can't ask for info concerning them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)