Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any news about IV and EV changes? I heard rumors about it, but I won't be surprised if they were false information.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's in-game. Just pick the Pokemon you like. You won't have any trouble in any way. If not, I'm sure Dragon Dance -insert Pokemon here- rips through everything.

It's in-game. Just pick the Pokemon you like. You won't have any trouble in any way. If not, I'm sure Dragon Dance -insert Pokemon here- rips through everything.
I am sure that this works, but the main problem is I know next to nothing about this gen and I would prefer if someone just tell me what to use.

BTW, is Magikarp available pre E4?

Is it possible to go on dream world actually? I got the pokemon with the dreaming smoke, I can connect on wifi, my pokemon going in bed and dream... But nothing else, their server are open?

I am sure that this works, but the main problem is I know next to nothing about this gen and I would prefer if someone just tell me what to use.

BTW, is Magikarp available pre E4?
In early game, Mogeryuu(the mole) and Dangoro(Geodude 2.0) are good, as well as the dog. The elemental monkey you get complements your starter, so that one is good too and you get it before first badge. And judging from Base stats, Hihidaruma seems very good too(especially because Darumakka probably is pretty common).

As for Magikarp: I believe I read somewhere, that some old Pokemon are available after E4, but I´m not 100% about Magikarp(before E4 there are absolutely NO old Pokemon. If you need a fish, get Basurao, it´s probably the most common Water type that is not hideous). But you can always try and get a Magikarp from Dream World.

Dangoro is worth a look. It gets Sturdy (which is a lifesaver), learns Rock Blast and Iron Defense pretty early, and eventually evolves into the monstrous Gigaisu with 135 base attack. It helped me deal with Fire types that my Janobii can't handle. I forgot where I got it, it was in the grass somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd city.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In early game, Mogeryuu(the mole) and Dangoro(Geodude 2.0) are good, as well as the dog. The elemental monkey you get complements your starter, so that one is good too and you get it before first badge. And judging from Base stats, Hihidaruma seems very good too(especially because Darumakka probably is pretty common).

As for Magikarp: I believe I read somewhere, that some old Pokemon are available after E4, but I´m not 100% about Magikarp(before E4 there are absolutely NO old Pokemon. If you need a fish, get Basurao, it´s probably the most common Water type that is not hideous). But you can always try and get a Magikarp from Dream World.
I believe he was looking for Gyarados as a DDancer, but no older pokemon are available pre-E4. Ononokusu gets DDance, though I'm not sure about anything else (Kurimugan and Sazando are confirmed not to have it).

I believe he was looking for Gyarados as a DDancer, but no older pokemon are available pre-E4. Ononokusu gets DDance, though I'm not sure about anything else (Kurimugan and Sazando are confirmed not to have it).
Oh. My bad, sry.

Btw, there is something that just came to my mind: In DPPt HGSS it was possible to download japanese events if you were playing a Japanese version. I found that kinda strange. Is it still possible in B/W?(After all, there is the Liberty Ticket right now)

@hhjj None that I know of. Some Pokemon got old Hail abusing abilities, but nothing more.

Btw, there is something that just came to my mind: In DPPt HGSS it was possible to download japanese events if you were playing a Japanese version. I found that kinda strange. Is it still possible in B/W?(After all, there is the Liberty Ticket right now)
Yes, it's still possible. Use the 3rd option (assuming you've started a file), then top option, then 2nd.

Can somebody tell us how capturing of Pokémon works in the Dream World?

I hope that the new abilities are breedable... I don't hope it's like catching one Pokémon per day WITHOUT knowing their Nature and IVs... so it would be a hell to get a 3or4*31-right-natured Pokémon... and all the great Power-Item-additons to HGSS have no use, if we won't breed ('cause most of the Dream World Abilities are superior to the old).

But I am happy to see that Moltres gets Flame Body, so I can breed Pokémon with it AND Fly to other cities in cases for name changing, checking Berries and stuff like that.

I saw Ononokusu's BST and movesets and I am gonna sure it will R4PE in game. When is the earliest point you can access it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)