Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In most topics there is usually a "DON'T DISCUSS TIERS HERE!!" label slapped on OP.

So I wondering, where does one go about discussing tiers?
Nowhere. There's nothing to discuss. You can argue about banlists in the thread about banning Pokemon or not at the beginning of the generation. Once we play more, we'll find out what's most used and Pokemon will fall into the tiers there. Then a UU process can begin.

though move tutor moves cannot be bred
If a move is on a pokemon's egg move list it doesn't matter how the father got it, it will still be passed on.

If you imported a male compatible pokemon with EP to b/w, and then bred it with a female of the Sazandora line you should get a baby with EP. Unless breeding changed a great deal between gen 4 and 5.

Nowhere. There's nothing to discuss. You can argue about banlists in the thread about banning Pokemon or not at the beginning of the generation. Once we play more, we'll find out what's most used and Pokemon will fall into the tiers there. Then a UU process can begin.
So when do we reach that point? Or is there no schedule for tiering yet?
Thanks

Does acid weather still exist?

Does No Guard still have that "bug" from Gen IV where a move has a (100% - normal accuracy) chance to hit through Protect? Or was that fixed in Platinum along with the D/P Thunder/Blizzard in Rain/Hail glitch?
I don't know if that was "fixed" but I know that your "bug" was intentional and not a glitch so it probably will remain... (referring to the hitting through protect)

Again, is there a spreadsheet with all 649 pokemon on it?
Not really a spreadsheet, but I believe this page is the closest to what you're looking for (the only Pokemon that are omitted are ones that don't have Dream World abilities):
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

Lich said:
How does the ability slip through work? Sorry if this is a noob question.
It makes the Pokemon with the ability ignore the effects of the opponent's Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard.

I'm curious about something: I've read that you HAVE to catch the cover legendaries when you fight them. What if you don't have any balls?

To answer someone's question, the Protect oddities were fixed in Platinum and stayed fixed in HG/SS, so I doubt we'll be seeing that again.

MegaMewtwo said:
I'm curious about something: I've read that you HAVE to catch the cover legendaries when you fight them. What if you don't have any balls?
At any point before you actually catch it, you can return to the Pokémon Center where you can buy more balls.

At any point before you actually catch it, you can return to the Pokémon Center where you can buy more balls.
I know this is an extremely unlikely scenario, but what if you have no money? Say, before you realized you had to buy the Balls to fight the Dragon, you spend all your money on Full Restores or expensive TMs or something. Or you for some reason just go insane and spend all your money and toss out all the goods. Is there a way to get more balls then?

Oh, god that sounds so wrong...

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What is that Explosion nerf everybody is talking about?

I see: same tm, same power, same type, same pps.

???
In gen 2-4 explosion halved the opponents defense when calculting the damage it does.
In Gen 5 it doesnt halves the defenses anymore therefore having only half of the power it had before.

@the guy above me, you could collect and sell elemental gems to get more money i guess

What is that Explosion nerf everybody is talking about?

I see: same tm, same power, same type, same pps.

???
Explosion and Selfdestruct halved the opponent's Defense for the turn they're used as part of they're effect in Gens I-IV. They no longer do this, so they're now basically only half as strong.

I know this is an extremely unlikely scenario, but what if you have no money? Say, before you realized you had to buy the Balls to fight the Dragon, you spend all your money on Full Restores or expensive TMs or something. Or you for some reason just go insane and spend all your money and toss out all the goods. Is there a way to get more balls then?

Oh, god that sounds so wrong...
Do daily tasks and sell the items you get, trade with other people for nuggets or whatever, use/trade for a Pokemon with the Pick Up ability and sell the items it picks up, use/trade for a Pokemon with Pay Day, etc. In any case though, as you said, that's just a ridiculous scenario, especially as you get plenty of money as you play through the game (and no matter what you do, it won't change the fact that you still have to catch Reshiram/Zekrom, which is why they have a pretty high catch rate for legendaries--A Dusk Ball is like a guaranteed capture on them if they're in the red and asleep).

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I've heard talk about playing gen5 on pokemon online. I opened up the application and went to team builder, but no new pokes... how do you do it? Thanks.

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I've heard talk about playing gen5 on pokemon online. I opened up the application and went to team builder, but no new pokes... how do you do it? Thanks.

They had an Alpha testing server a while ago but they closed it off to the public for now. You'll just have to wait for the Beta/official release.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Online's Beta Server is offline until the English release of Black & White. Please do not ask about it again. I will update the OP.

Are there any websites that show usage statistics for Pokemon Black and White online simulators?
No. There isn't even a usable simulator for B/W yet.

Where do you get the Carbos, Proteins, etc. in B/W?
The big department store on route 9. Someone in there sells all the vitimins, not sure which cash desk it is though.

And to everyone who is asking for tiers and the like. Calm down, and be patient. The game hasn't even been out a month, there is currently nowhere to play the game competitivly online unless you own a copy of the game.

Just. Wait. It. Out. There will be tiers when there are tiers, and they will be so widely posted and discussed you won't have to ask for them, they will be shoved in your face and down your throat. Same goes for available simulators, when there is one that is playable, you'll know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)