Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
This means that there will be nothing lost from using Rare Candies, so you can use Rare Candies on a newly bred Pokémon and then use feathers and then you won't have to battle.

But, without cheating, it will be extremely tedious to get that many.

So what do I need to do to wake up the other Darmanitans sitting outside in the desert? I've talked to Professor Juniper and caught one already. Is that all I get?

Waterfall has flinch chance.
Ice Beam has a freeze chance.

But does Encourage also apply to things like Brick Break? It does have a secondary effect, but since it's always there and not a chance, I'm not sure if it counts.

Can someone run this Damage Calc?

252 Sattk timid Magnezone using Hp fire in rain Vs careful 252 hp 252Sdef nuttre
No items

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
^ rough guess: 20%ish. nattorei is going to leech seed you to hell. Even moreso if it has protect.

Without excessive boosting, can anything OHKO 252 hp/252 sp/def dragonite with multiscale active?

I mean one boost, be it calm mind, nasty plot ect. I don't think any dragons can do it bar ononokus, but how about a STAB ice beam?

How does one counter lvl 2 Aron/Probopass Sturdy users? (That is, getting in with with Sandstorm and Endeavoring anything that comes in and netting kills with residual damage and/or toxic spikes)

Only things I can really think of is making sure that you have entry hazards down at all times and hitting it after Sturdy is broken (and hope Trick Room isn't up), or having Taunt/a multi hit move on the poke that is likely to be switched in on... but I can't think of anything else.

Stuff like Will-o-wisp/Boiling Water or summoning Hail eventually deals with the target, but by the time it goes through it's already too late and you've lost a poke.

How does one counter lvl 2 Aron/Probopass Sturdy users? (That is, getting in with with Sandstorm and Endeavoring anything that comes in and netting kills with residual damage and/or toxic spikes)

Only things I can really think of is making sure that you have entry hazarn at as and hitting it after Sturdy is broken (and hope Trick Room isn't up), or having Taunt/a multi hit move on the poke that is likely to be switched in on... but I can't think of anything else.

Stuff like Will-o-wisp/Boiling Water or summoning Hail eventually deals with the target, but by the time it goes through it's already too late and you've lost a poke.

Bullet Seed/Icicle Spear,Ghosts,prediction with taunt and leech seed

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Waterfall has flinch chance.
Ice Beam has a freeze chance.

But does Encourage also apply to things like Brick Break? It does have a secondary effect, but since it's always there and not a chance, I'm not sure if it counts.
no only attacks that have chances of their side effect occuring get the boost. So things like Brick Break etc. dont get the boost. Moves with high crit chances (Stone Edge, Night Slash etc.) get no boost either and oddly Nitro Charge gets the boost.

Has nitro charge been confirmed 100%? No speed boost is fucking shit.
No it does not work.
Since i didn't find anything on the research thread i decided to test it on game to make absolute sure.
I used for the test a Encourage Hihidaruma, used nitro charge on wild pokes 5 times and the boost did not occurred not even once. So i can confirmed that for you.

So what do I need to do to wake up the other Darmanitans sitting outside in the desert? I've talked to Professor Juniper and caught one already. Is that all I get?
You can get one RageCandyBar in Sekka City during the winter from the reformed Rocket, and others off the Royal Unova.

I have a few questions:
1. Do the Zorua/Zoroark events still occur if I obtain the Shiny Beasts or Event Celebi through the Pokéshifter instead of the Transfer Machine?
2. For Zoroark, do I need all three the beasts or only one?

Kyurem will most likely stay OU, though I can't really say anything since I don't play Gen 5. Also, Encourage does not apply to moves that will always have their secondary effect (i.e. Brick Break, Knock Down, and some others I can't remember).

@Wastum: I dunno the answer to the first question, but you only need one Crown beast to get Zoroark.

is there a way to prevent ditto's eccentric ability from activating?
If I remember correctly, you cannot transform into a Pokemon behind a Substitute, nor can a Ditto transform into a Pokemon that the Foe's Ditto transformed into (meaning you can't revenge a Ditto that revenged your Pokemon with your own Ditto).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)