Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to EV Train a SubBaton Pass Scolipede.

For pokemon in general that are given substitute as a move, do you want to pump up their HP EV's?

Wrong. Lugia sets up Reflect and Roost stalls the bejeezus out of Tyranitar. Lugia can be slapped down by Taunt CM Mewtwo, or Darkrai.

Wrong. Lugia sets up Reflect and Roost stalls the bejeezus out of Tyranitar. Lugia can be slapped down by Taunt CM Mewtwo, or Darkrai.
I just said it is a good example, not the best counter (who is, of course, Darkrai). Zekrom can work too, especially under rain with Thunder.

I just said it is a good example, not the best counter (who is, of course, Darkrai). Zekrom can work too, especially under rain with Thunder.
Thunder is a terrible move; Draco Meteor is the only Special attack it should consider IMO. Bolt Strike should be better than Thunder nearly every time it hits.

@WoOo
I believe that you can't if you want Sheer Force. Also, how is it "gay"..? Or are you just being an immature kid like many other teenagers?

@ Kepp
Depends on its ability. I believe Roost is illegal with Multiscale (unless Dragonite learns it by level-up which I think it does but I'm not 100% sure)

Is this a good set?

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Impish
252 HP/48 Def/204 Atk
Roost
Dragon Dance
Outrage
ExtremeSpeed
The problem with this is Steels (Nattorei, Skarmory, Foretress), can stop your sweep cold. Dragonite really needs the coverage from EQ, or preferably, Fire Punch to function well.

The problem with this is Steels (Nattorei, Skarmory, Foretress), can stop your sweep cold. Dragonite really needs the coverage from EQ, or preferably, Fire Punch to function well.
Hm, I've thought about it.
But what move should I let go?
EDIT:
What I'm worried about most is the EV spread, is it okay?

Hm, I've thought about it.
But what move should I let go?
EDIT:
What I'm worried about most is the EV spread, is it okay?
Oh yeah, the EV spread is fine. You could always run a very bulky spread of 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def to get more DDs, but it's really preference for power or longetivity. Since You won't really need the priority with Extremespeed due to DD (He reaches 294 after one, which is respectable, 392 after two, which would be incredibly easy with your bulk), you could drop that for Fire Punch. You could try Earthquake instead of Fire Punch, but you won't be able to do anything to Skarmory in exchange for being able to hit Heatran.

Oh yeah, the EV spread is fine. You could always run a very bulky spread of 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def to get more DDs, but it's really preference for power or longetivity. Since You won't really need the priority with Extremespeed due to DD (He reaches 294 after one, which is respectable, 392 after two, which would be incredibly easy with your bulk), you could drop that for Fire Punch. You could try Earthquake instead of Fire Punch, but you won't be able to do anything to Skarmory in exchange for being able to hit Heatran.
Too bad I have to let go on ExtremeSpeed...
Oh well, Earthquake it'll be, because I KNOW I won't face Skarmory.

I've recently been given a link to a program that converts gen4 pkmn files to gen5 pkmn files by mimicking the poketransfer feature. Would transferring pokémon this way from a ROM to a retail copy of a gen5 game trigger the vgc third-party detection?

Same question for the cloning method using pokécheck and Pokémon Selector to create fake gts environments.

What are the ways to rise happiness in generation V? I heard you can use normal items to rise happiness, is that true?

i don't know about chains but the easiest way for me was to get a gyarados/arbok in a 4th gen game and teach it dark pulse when i got the tm for it. then i just transfered him forward.

I have been thinking of an anti-hazards team, meaning I use all flying or levitating pokemon, thats are at worst nuetral to stealth rocks. First off is this even viable? Also I have been thinking of a team like this, just tell me is there are any huge errors that I need to deal with, I know the fine details can be stamped out in a RMT.

Skarmory
Rotom-W
Gengar
Latios
Bronzong / Gliscor
Azelf / Flygon

Comments, questions, conserns, whatever, this thing is still on the drawing board.

Would changing a pokemon's nickname through a save editing program i'm not allowed to mention result in that pokemon failing a hack check?

What's a good counter to this Altaria?

Altaria
Calm Nature
Natural Cure
252 SpD/ (can't remember the rest)
-Cotton Guard
-Roost
-Dragon Pulse
-Roar

I have been thinking of an anti-hazards team, meaning I use all flying or levitating pokemon, thats are at worst nuetral to stealth rocks. First off is this even viable? Also I have been thinking of a team like this, just tell me is there are any huge errors that I need to deal with, I know the fine details can be stamped out in a RMT.

Skarmory
Rotom-W
Gengar
Latios
Bronzong / Gliscor
Azelf / Flygon

Comments, questions, conserns, whatever, this thing is still on the drawing board.
Banded Pursuit Scizor screws over Rotom, Gengar, Latios, Bronzong and Azelf. It can also Uturn out of Azelf and Latios.

You need a Scizor counter, stat.

Banded Pursuit Scizor screws over Rotom, Gengar, Latios, Bronzong and Azelf. It can also Uturn out of Azelf and Latios.

You need a Scizor counter, stat.
Not really...
Latias OHKOs Scizor with HP Fire, Bullet Punch isnt OHKO. Most Azelf carries Fire Blast. And Rotom-W isnt part Ghost anymore...

Forgot about the Rotom issue, but the point is that most of the team is Dark weak, and hence Pursuit weak. Also, Ghost Pokemon wreck that tam as well, able to hit the many psychic/ghost Pokemon for SE damage.

So my instinct says Scizor, TTar, Shanderaa, opposing Gengar, Lucario (Crunch), U-turn Jirachi, Scarfed Mienshao (U-turn).

Its just so Bug and Dark weak... The exact sets for the above list I don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure slap a Scarf onto any one of them and you can cripple half his team, maybe not OHKO, but cripple for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)