Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answers. The fighting resist was one of the main reason I thought of Scyther in the first place. Anyway, would evolite or life orb be better on Scyther? I assume it can take a Conkeldurr even at +1 without evolite right? Last thing; is Endure, Salac Reversal still viable or is SS just too prevalent for it to be useful majority of the time?

Thanks for the answers. The fighting resist was one of the main reason I thought of Scyther in the first place. Anyway, would evolite or life orb be better on Scyther? I assume it can take a Conkeldurr even at +1 without evolite right? Last thing; is Endure, Salac Reversal still viable or is SS just too prevalent for it to be useful majority of the time?
Gut's Conkeldurr probably not that thing hits hard even though he resists but I would still suggest Life Orb over evolite (but that's just me I don't see Scyther as being any use defensively)

Sandstorm is still seeing a lot of use.. (But not enough to rule out that move set being somewhat viable) However even if you bring a Pokemon with that move set team preview will alert you to a Sandstream user anyway so you'd know not to use it/that it wouldn't work.

Eviolite really isn't worth it imo, you get some extra bulk on a Pokemon that was never really meant to be bulky in the first place (and that bulk won't help you when you switch in and lose 50%, especially into an attack). Life Orb (or Focus Sash as a lead, I guess) is still the better call. There's also the fact that Conkeldurrs pack Stone Edge.

If you want a Flyer to screw over Fighting though, try Gliscor. Impish survives Machamp's Ice Punch.

Hey guys.

I'm comepletly new to this. An example would be creating a thread somewhere where it shouldn't have been :/ xD

i want to get into competitive battling. But i need to know how this all works. I realise most of it comes with experience... but do get experience i need a good team.. so i guess i need tips on creating a good solid begginers team. so tha i can branch out into other areas when i get more confident.

because i really know nothing and would get swamped if i even tried to have a battle with anyone.
I think you could build a team checklist first, sit down and have a nice think about what fits into the checklist. Personally, I go with 2 setup sweepers, one choice scarfer with more than or equal to 100 base speed, a Stealth Rock user, a steel-type, a Reuniclus check, an Excadrill check, and a Conkeldurr check. The challenge is to fit 6 pokemon with types that cover each other into that diverse range of roles.

Different people have different playstyles, ask around in the Smogon PO server chat to find out, or try visiting the IRC channel (#dreamworld).

Kepperino:

No, because fainting as part of the use of Explosion doesn't cause damage, so it can't forcibly be reduced to 1 by Sturdy's effect.

My descriptions follow:

Explosion - "User faints as part of this attack's use."
"Damage" glossary entry - "Fainting as part of the use of an attack (for example, Explosion) does not cause damage."
Sturdy - "If bearer's HP is full and damage ... would reduce bearer's HP to less than 1, instead that damage reduces bearer's HP to 1."

wokey a new question with hopefully an awsome answer:

if i use a pokemon who has the guts ability, has a life orb equiped and has the move facade. if my pokemon would be poisoned doe my facade do massive damage because of the guts/facade/ life orb combo?

would be mad if they all add up for the damage :P

wokey a new question with hopefully an awsome answer:

if i use a pokemon who has the guts ability, has a life orb equiped and has the move facade. if my pokemon would be poisoned doe my facade do massive damage because of the guts/facade/ life orb combo?

would be mad if they all add up for the damage :P
yep, same happens with Technician+LO, as well.

Facade's based power jumps from 70 to 140 under a status condition, so yes, it would do pretty good damage.
so if i had a bouffalant (stab obv and with 350 atk) with that combination with poison what would be the base dmg facade would have? 300 or something? :P would knock out any pokemon without resistance to normal or am i wrong?

Can you trade with someone who doesn't have the national dex and trade them national dex pokemon? Or would the game not allow you to do that?

Can you trade with someone who doesn't have the national dex and trade them national dex pokemon? Or would the game not allow you to do that?
No, they would need to have the national dex in order to trade for national dex pokemon. Until then, they can only trade and receive pokemon from within their own generation. Unless, of course, you hack your game.

My question: For accuracy boosting items such as Wide Lens, is the extra accuracy additive or multiplicative?
Additive meaning a 50% accuracy move now has 60% accuracy
Multiplicative meaning a 50% now has 55% accuracy

My second question is: For pokemon using X-band, if they use a move, then are switched out, can they select a different move upon switching back in? And if so, does this work with moves like U-turn as well?

Heracrossed: Yes, you can give people national dex pokémon before they get the national dex. I got a taillow from someone immediately after I beat the first gym, ages ago.
The only time this doesn't apply is in FR/LG (and maybe Emerald?) from 3rd gen.

Chaosreaver: Pretty sure wide lens is multiplicative and Choice users can pick a different move if they've swapped out and in. I forget how it works with u-turn but I believe the research thread has the answer there.

No, they would need to have the national dex in order to trade for national dex pokemon. Until then, they can only trade and receive pokemon from within their own generation. Unless, of course, you hack your game.

My question: For accuracy boosting items such as Wide Lens, is the extra accuracy additive or multiplicative?
Additive meaning a 50% accuracy move now has 60% accuracy
Multiplicative meaning a 50% now has 55% accuracy

My second question is: For pokemon using X-band, if they use a move, then are switched out, can they select a different move upon switching back in? And if so, does this work with moves like U-turn as well?
Yes, it is a multiplicative boost.
If you're choice'd, and you U-Turn/switch out, you can switch moves assuming that said Choice'd Poke isn't the last on your team.

If I change my character's name via Action Replay, will all pokemon caught AFTER that point be considered legit and will they be shown as legit on a hack check?

If I change my character's name via Action Replay, will all pokemon caught AFTER that point be considered legit and will they be shown as legit on a hack check?
That depends; for something such as VGC, no. For something such as Random Wifi matches, I don't think your name really matters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)