Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Ok, I have 2 Questions:

Is it a good idea to use entry hazards in 3v3?

Should I teach my Rapidash Low Kick or Double Kick?
1. No in 3v3 entry hazards are much less useful, because there is often less switching

2. Low Kick is better since Rock types tend to be heavy and double kick got bad Base Power.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Drain Punch and Ice Punch is legal is legal on Toxicroak in 5th gen right???Drain punch is a TM and Ice Punch is a move tutor move...So why it says that Ice Punch is illegal with Drain Punch in PO??

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Drain Punch is not a 5th generation TM and Toxicroak could not learn Drain Punch in the 4th generation. It is a new egg move in 5th gen.

Two sleep clause questions:

1) If I encore someone into spore, and they put two of my Pokémon to sleep by staying in have they violated sleep clause?

2) If one of the opponent's Pokémon is already asleep, then it tries to put one of mine to sleep, but I predict this and switch out into a Pokémon with magic mirror and reflect it, have I violated sleep clause or did my opponent put himself to sleep?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Drain Punch is not a 5th generation TM and Toxicroak could not learn Drain Punch in the 4th generation. It is a new egg move in 5th gen.
I see thx!
I thought that in 4th gen Toxicroak could learn Drain Punch via TM but apparently it doesn't...

What are some good partners to CM Latias? Im considering Magnezone because it can destroy Steels, Forretress because it can wall Outrages and Draco Meteors and set up Toxic Spikes so later in the game Latias can just stall them out, and finally Lucario because of Justified which raises its attack when hit by Dark type moves (Pursuit) and STAB Close Combat wrecks steels. Any other ideas are absoulutely aceeptable as well.

Two sleep clause questions:

1) If I encore someone into spore, and they put two of my Pokémon to sleep by staying in have they violated sleep clause?

2) If one of the opponent's Pokémon is already asleep, then it tries to put one of mine to sleep, but I predict this and switch out into a Pokémon with magic mirror and reflect it, have I violated sleep clause or did my opponent put himself to sleep?
No and no. They really have no other option except to spre on the first example. Also the sleep reflect is not directly putting the pokemon to sleep. Its indirect.

is a bold/calm rotom- just.. not viable or what? its all about timid/modest?
Well, ever since rotom lost its ghost typing it has always gone on the offensive. Trick choice rotom is a beast. However, rotom can still be viable with a bold/calm nature since it has high defenses and WOW

Which is better for Substitute + Leech Seed, Venusaur or Sceptile?
If in the sun, venusaur. If not, sceptile. Speed is a huge deal when you are subseeding.

What are some good partners to CM Latias? Im considering Magnezone because it can destroy Steels, Forretress because it can wall Outrages and Draco Meteors and set up Toxic Spikes so later in the game Latias can just stall them out, and finally Lucario because of Justified which raises its attack when hit by Dark type moves (Pursuit) and STAB Close Combat wrecks steels. Any other ideas are absoulutely aceeptable as well.
I personally recommend infernape because it takes out all the pursuit users that would otherwise kill Latias such as scizor, tyranitar, and weavile. Another good pokemon is conkeldurr, who can check these three threats as well.

What's the best last move for this Keckleon set?

Adamant Keckleon@Choice Band
- Trick
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- ???
I'm assuming you're using this in RU? Rock Slide would probably be a smart move for coverage against Bug and Flying types which frequent this tier. Or you could use Substitute which would be useful after you Trick away the Band so you could better utilize Focus Punch and Sucker Punch.

1. when you're in a battle (in the actual games, not a sim), does pressing A actually speed up the process? last night I came to the (possible) realization that the game will move at the speed it moves at no matter what I do. can anyone confirm this?

2. exactly how much does one boost give you? (eg curse, bulk up, work up, etc) percentages would be nice, but any explanation anyone can give me would be awesome.

1. when you're in a battle (in the actual games, not a sim), does pressing A actually speed up the process? last night I came to the (possible) realization that the game will move at the speed it moves at no matter what I do. can anyone confirm this?

2. exactly how much does one boost give you? (eg curse, bulk up, work up, etc) percentages would be nice, but any explanation anyone can give me would be awesome.
1. I always spam A during battles and such, and it does make it go faster. There are delays, but pressing A will skip those delays

2. I believe a +1 = 50%, +2 = 100%, etc

i.e. +1 means you do x1.5 your damage, +2 = x2.0 your damage

What's the standard moveset on Deoxys-s in OU when being used as a suicide "lead"? And is using it like this a good idea for a very offensive team that tries to gain momentum from the very start?

What's the standard moveset on Deoxys-s in OU when being used as a suicide "lead"? And is using it like this a good idea for a very offensive team that tries to gain momentum from the very start?
It's likely goingto be running
252 Att/252 Spe/4 HP
Item: Focus Sash
Jolly nature
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Superpower

Or something like that.

Does anyone have a complete list of usable walls in OU?
So far I have:
Physical Walls:
Gliscor, Skarmory, Slowbro, Gyarados, Tangrowth, Weezing, Mew, Forretress

Special:
Blissey, Chansey, Jirachi, Tyranitar, Vaporeon, Slowking, Snorlax, Tentacruel, Latias

Mixed:
Rotom-W, Dusknoir, Dusclops, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Bronzong, Chansey, Porygon2, Cresselia, Vaporeon, Registeel, Deoxys-D

Is there any I missed?

Red

On Standard Cresselia Calm Mind set, for 5th gen OU, what is preffered?
Psyshock or Psychic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)