Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this hasn't already been asked but I couldn't find an answer.

Does anyone know if the daily fossil gift from the guy in Twist Mountain is time-based, meaning you get different fossil at different times of day? I've been getting nothing but Old Amber almost every day this week. I play at the same time every night and I only get duplicates of the ones I already have. For instance, I've never gotten a Helix or Shield, but I have 10+ Old Amber. Anyone else having this problem or am I just unlucky?

Hello everyone, new guy here. I recently got into competitive Pokemon, and I have a question. Do Trick and Switcheroo work even if the opponent is behind a Substitute? SubSplit Gengar recently mopped the floor with my team, you see... >_>

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, new guy here. I recently got into competitive Pokemon, and I have a question. Do Trick and Switcheroo work even if the opponent is behind a Substitute? SubSplit Gengar recently mopped the floor with my team, you see... >_>

Thanks in advance.
Bulbapedia Trick Page and Bulbapedia Switcheroo Page said:
It fails if neither has a held item, if either Pokémon is holding Griseous Orb or Mail, if the target has a Substitute, or if either Pokémon has Sticky Hold. It also fails if either Pokémon has Multitype and either of the swapped items is a Plate.
So no, it won't work

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks! That'll solve the problem there.
I wonder if this is sarcasm?
Question time. Lets say I have a blissey with one attack. What attack should it be? Ive been recommended seismic toss and flamethower but they get resisted by chandelure and heatran, respectively. Ive been currently been using shadow ball for ghosts, lati@s, reuniclus, and espeon, but heatran and other dark types still resist me.

I wonder if this is sarcasm?
Question time. Lets say I have a blissey with one attack. What attack should it be? Ive been recommended seismic toss and flamethower but they get resisted by chandelure and heatran, respectively. Ive been currently been using shadow ball for ghosts, lati@s, reuniclus, and espeon, but heatran and other dark types still resist me.
There really is no right move to run on Blissey, it just depends on what your team needs and what you want to avoid getting walled by since Blissey will never have perfect coverage in one move. Besides what you listed, there's also ice beam and thunderbolt along with (maybe) hidden power, but, once again, whichever you use, you will be walled by something.

Say I leave a Smeargle that knows four non-Sketch moves at the daycare. If it levels up there past a X1 level, will Sketch replace one of the moves?

Is it a good idea to use a 29 HP IV on any of the multiple Pokemon who have a base HP ending in 0 if you are using a Life Orb (eg Life Orb on Breloom or Accelgor) to hit a Life Orb number or is the 2 HP of bulk needed?

But if you're going for the 'crazy prepared' angle, then yes. Also applicable are one more SDef point than Def to troll Download users, odd numbered HP for pokes with HJK, etc.

is it good to have a destiny bond in a choice scarf gengar?
example situation: i use my scarfed gengar w/ destiny bond and my opponents poke
is a dark type or any pokemon that is commonly using dark type moves
since i am scarfed most of the time i go 1st then use destiny bond

ok thanks
so is it good to have destiny bond
im planning to have this moves on my scarfed gar
t-bolt
shadow ball
focus blast or should i say focus miss lol
destiny bond

Ja I just went over and read
bulbapedia said:
This move's effect only works if the user faints before making another move. Thus, if the user is slower than the opponent, the effect of Destiny Bond will only apply if the user faints on the turn immediately following Destiny Bond's use, before its user makes another move. If the user of Destiny Bond is knocked out without having used the move immediately prior to fainting, this move will have no effect.
Immediately following being the key there.

I always assumed it was used regardless and waited for the opponent to make their move Like snatch does.

...Guess that's what assuming gets you.

If you actually play a match and use Destiny Bond, maybe you will find out that it works like, oh I dunno, Surf instead of Snatch. It has no priority and the faster user goes first. If you go second then your opponent must not KO you before you move or else they will be KOed. Simple mechanic.

Destiny Bond is a possibility since if you use it with a Scarf you can pretty much guarantee that if something KO's you with anything but a priority move, they'll get KO'd too if you predict correctly. It's also uncommon, so it could catch some people by surprise. Just remember that if they know you're scarfed and you use Destiny Bond and it fails, they know what's coming the next turn (either Destiny Bond or a switch) and can use that to their advantage.

Personally, I think Destiny Bond is even better on un-Scarfed Gengar. That way you can faint something with another move and, if you're faster than your revenge killer, take them out too. With Scarf, if you mispredict they'll set up all over you.

Accelgor'd!

@No luck

If you want to talk about mechanics then It's certainly more like snatch then surf as; Destiny Bond does not make contact (unlike sure) and the move is finalised after the opponent makes his move much like snatch...

This however is not the place for an argument nor was it particularly helpful of you to attack me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)