Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - UU Edition

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hello there. It's about time UU had its own SQSA thread so here it is.

If you're thinking of making a topic with a question that can be answered with a single post, please ask it here instead. New threads should lead to actual discussion.

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:

1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.

2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.

3. At least do a simple google search before asking the question here.

4. This is already in the Smogon forum rules, but I will reiterate: do not ask about or discuss ROMs and other illegal things.

5. Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.

----------

I'll eventually edit some FAQs into this, but this will do for now.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Is Spikes and Leaf Storm legal on the same Roserade set? PS doesn't have any problems with it but these breeding move legality things always confused me and it doesn't have any problems with Spikes and Sleep Powder Roserade (which I am pretty sure is illegal). Whenever I try to test that out on PO it says something weird so I question its accuracy.

Not even using Roselia^^

And if you know if its (il)legal or not can you explain what the breeding restrictions for it are?

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Yes, it is illegal. I think it has to do with the fact that no pokemon in the breeding chain can learn both moves. And both moves have to be on the father, so even if you have one Roserade with Spikes and one with Leaf Storm, it will only pass down the move on the father.

I've been sent here for help with my question of incredible-ish proportions.

How do I determine EVs, and can you explain it as simple as possible? I've tried searching, but EVERYTHING here confuses me beyond comprehension.

I've been sent here for help with my question of incredible-ish proportions.

How do I determine EVs, and can you explain it as simple as possible? I've tried searching, but EVERYTHING here confuses me beyond comprehension.
Try this article Gengan, it should really help. http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev

If you have trouble even after reading this, then you should ask for help in the tutoring program of smogon, which can be found here.

Alright guys, what's up?

Normally hanging in the Wi-Fi Forum, but now I'm becoming more UU based, due to lack of interest in VGC and OU.

So, after browsing Pokemon located in this Tier, I have myself a "foundation for a team", and was wandering if a player associated heavily with the UU metagame could help me out, with my new team 8-)

Currently; Azelf Lead, Arcaine Physical Sweeper w/ some bulk, Registeel, Empoleon/Slowbro, Umbreon -pokemonfiller- Could you -uu-associated-with-metagame-player please drop me a PM with some advice, ideas and tips!

Alright guys, what's up?

Normally hanging in the Wi-Fi Forum, but now I'm becoming more UU based, due to lack of interest in VGC and OU.

So, after browsing Pokemon located in this Tier, I have myself a "foundation for a team", and was wandering if a player associated heavily with the UU metagame could help me out, with my new team 8-)

Currently; Azelf Lead, Arcaine Physical Sweeper w/ some bulk, Registeel, Empoleon/Slowbro, Umbreon -pokemonfiller- Could you -uu-associated-with-metagame-player please drop me a PM with some advice, ideas and tips!
You should take that to the Rate My Team section, which is here.

Thank you!

EDIT: I checked out the forum, but it seems the only thing they have are these random tournaments. There was nothing on the forum that actually helped me with what I'm looking for. I feel like I'm going to have to go abroad to solve my question, but thanks for your help!

Why don't we have a New and Creative Movesets UU Edition thread? I see lots of people posting sets for NU, RU, and UU pokemon in the megathread that mostly just get shot down because they're so outclassed by the powerhouses of OU. The metagames are so different it seems weird that we don't have a thread of our own that gives people a place to post their out of the box sets.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Why don't we have a New and Creative Movesets UU Edition thread? I see lots of people posting sets for NU, RU, and UU pokemon in the megathread that mostly just get shot down because they're so outclassed by the powerhouses of OU. The metagames are so different it seems weird that we don't have a thread of our own that gives people a place to post their out of the box sets.
This seems like an okay idea. I might open one later.

Is there a speed tier list available? I think it is very useful when making teams!
Unfortunately, no.

Surely those appear when people post their teams, and hence we speculate creating the same /a similar effect to a thread like that. But it would be nice to archieve these I guess.

Ok, so I am on a different computer and it says I have no teams on my smogon account... Do your teams only show up on the computer that they where created on? Or should I be worried that I lost my teams?

Ok, so I am on a different computer and it says I have no teams on my smogon account... Do your teams only show up on the computer that they where created on? Or should I be worried that I lost my teams?
Pokemon Showdown! stores your teams in your computer's cookies, so if you use a different computer your team won't show up. PS! is only storing teams in cookies for now until they find time to store them differently.

Hmm I'm not new here but I never posted this far so I don't wanna make a mistake for the beginning...
So I have a question:
Where should I post my UU warstory ?

Does Victory Star affect pokemon even when Victini isn't on the field or is fainted?
EDIT: Does it add 10% to the accuracy or multiply accuracy by 1.1?

Honchkrow?

I got a wonderful Honchkrow in SoulSilver. Unfortunately for me, he would have a better ability if he was from the dream world =/

I was wondering if somebody could give me advice on how I could fix the one I own. He has Super Luck as his ability, Jolly nature, 4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE, and knows Brave Bird, Sucker Punch, Superpower, and Night Slash.

I read that, for D/P/Pl anyway, the usual set is similar to mine except it replaces Night Slash with Heat Wave (to get rid of steel types). With the EVs he has currently, how much damage will that do? I'm wondering if I should change his EV spread to put more in SPA as well as add a Life Orb...but I'm not sure.

Could anybody give me advice? I'd really appreciate it ^-^

I got a wonderful Honchkrow in SoulSilver. Unfortunately for me, he would have a better ability if he was from the dream world =/

I was wondering if somebody could give me advice on how I could fix the one I own. He has Super Luck as his ability, Jolly nature, 4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE, and knows Brave Bird, Sucker Punch, Superpower, and Night Slash.

I read that, for D/P/Pl anyway, the usual set is similar to mine except it replaces Night Slash with Heat Wave (to get rid of steel types). With the EVs he has currently, how much damage will that do? I'm wondering if I should change his EV spread to put more in SPA as well as add a Life Orb...but I'm not sure.

Could anybody give me advice? I'd really appreciate it ^-^
Well first off, how much would Heat Wave do against what exactly? But since you're running a -Sp. Atk nature, it won't be doing that much. Also, yes. Take the 4 EVs from HP and put it in Special Attack.

Well first off, how much would Heat Wave do against what exactly? But since you're running a -Sp. Atk nature, it won't be doing that much. Also, yes. Take the 4 EVs from HP and put it in Special Attack.
For the first question, basically any Steel-type that can't be taken out with Superpower (ex. Skarmory). Second, I can change his nature to something else (not sure, possibly neutral because I need my defenses even if they are awful).

So, slap on a Life Orb and replace Night Slash with Heat Wave?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)