Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything in emerald works now, except you can't do the breeding tricks with pokes from different regions. (Like a Jap. game and an Eng. game poke can't do the tricks)

I'm not sure about a calc with new items, sorry.

And NB isn't working for me, either. But it did yesteday
Thanks, appreciate the help.

Where do I get TM 51 (Roost) on route 210?
And, is there any thread that talks about/lists good places for ev training certain stats? If so, could you say roughly what it's name was (so I can search for it)?

Thanks...

Does anyone know the move calculation for grass knot? Like pokemon weight vs. base power... obviously it's going to rape tyranitar and gyarados because theyre huge, but what about the pokemon in between?

tyranitar and gyarados because theyre huge
You shouldn't base it solely off how large the Pokemon looks; for some reason, Wailord weighs less then 900lbs, yet, he's 40+ feet long. In real life 10 foot long (1/4th the length) pigs and Bears weigh 1,000lb+, and they have no where near the blubber, etc.
Things like Rhyperior, however, probably have a high weight set in. I think bulky looking rock types in general it would be effective against, but I wouldn't trust it against much else.

If Cresselia/Mespirit is gonna be shiny, will the picture of it before it flees be shiny? Allowing me to continuously soft reset for shiny.

If Cresselia/Mespirit is gonna be shiny, will the picture of it before it flees be shiny? Allowing me to continuously soft reset for shiny.
I think you need to actually battle them, rather than look at the over world picture thing.
Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure someone said it.

For the Compoundeyes outside battle ability to work (item chance+) does the Compoundeyes Pokémon have to be in Slot 1 of your party or just in your party?

hp 27
atk 10
def 12
satk 31
sdef 26
spd 16

togekiss...modest, how should I EV it? Wish/Twave/AuraSphere/AirSlash is the set.

Which of the following way to obtain a good aerodactyl is better: resurrect old amber and keep resetting until you get one with good stats, or breed with a jolly ditto?

Oh, bum. I looked where it said they were on my Diamond and couldn't find any. I have one Pal Parked though.
Outside of Canalave City, you must use the PokeRadar to encounter wild Ditto. They are pretty uncommon though, so you might have to look a bit.

Which of the following way to obtain a good aerodactyl is better: resurrect old amber and keep resetting until you get one with good stats, or breed with a jolly ditto?
I would personally breed for one. The nature will be in your favor 50% of the time, but if you reset it will only be 4.16% of the time. Big difference there. IVs are also somewhat controllable when breeding too.

But it only takes me ~20 seconds to reset, but breeding can take 20+ minutes. I guess that's a trade-off.
Do you have a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body? If you don't, I suggest getting one. They effectively halve the amount of steps it takes for an egg to hatch.

4.16% is really bad when you consider that it's just for the nature. When you think great IVs, it's more like 0.001%.

I wasn't really sure whether to put this here or in DP research thread.

I'd be interested to know what the catch rate for the quick ball is, and by how much it decreases each turn (or if it just drops instantaneously, after a certain number of turns). Although it doesn't necessarily have to do with battling, this can be important when trying to catch random legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)