Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing shoddy battle when i realised that there are clauses like soul dew clause, is there explaination for all the clauses? Cause i saw the one at smogon but it wasnt everthing, thanks.

I was playing shoddy battle when i realised that there are clauses like soul dew clause, is there explaination for all the clauses? Cause i saw the one at smogon but it wasnt everthing, thanks.
Here are all the shoddy clauses. Bold means it's standard; that is, automatically turned on unless turned off specifically in the challenge window.

Evasion Clause - No pokemon may use an evasion-boosting move.
Freeze Clause - You can't have two frozen pokemon at once in your party.
Item Clause - No two or more pokemon can be holding the same item.
Little Cup Clause - All pokemon are reduced to level 5.
OHKO Clause - No OHKO moves like guillotine are allowed. If one is used it will always fail.
Sleep Clause - You can't have to asleep pokemon at once in your party. If a move would put a second pokemon to sleep in your party, the move will fail.
Soul Dew Clause - No use of Soul Dew.
Species Clause - No use of two or more of the same pokemon in your party.
Strict Damage Clause - Damage maxes out at 100%. That is, no "XXXX took 502% damage."
Timed Battle Clause - Users have a time limit to make their move. If it runs out they forefeit.

A simpler version of my question before, how do I get Shoddy Battle onto the list of applications on Java's Cache System thing? I've tried deleting shoddy and java and redownloading them, but that didn't work. My Java Cache Viewer still doesn't show Shoddy Battle. (or anything else for that matter.)

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, I think the problem is that my computer can't access shoddybattle.com to pull the necessary information that the jnlp needs to open shoddy. When I open it, I get redirected to google.com immediately. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

Hi everyone. My problem is specifically with the smogon.com server.
FYI, I'm running Mac OSX on the new MacBook Pro.

When I run shoddybattle, I get the usual Java prompt to trust the certificate.
The welcome window opens fine, and I can log into all but one of the servers in the window without issue. Unfortunately, when I attempt to log into the smogon.com server, I receive no response from the window. As in, my username and password are entered into the log in window, and after hitting enter or clicking Log In, nothing occurs.

Occasionally (very rarely actually), it will work. But when it does, I receive a prompt suggesting I leave the server, as if something failed to load correctly. I can not post the exact text, as I haven't even made it this far in several days.

I tried using the Advanced option on the welcome scene and input the correct host and port for smogon's server, which worked once, but has not since, and when it did gave me the odd 'leave server' prompt I mentioned earlier.

I'm pretty frustrated...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. My problem is specifically with the smogon.com server.
FYI, I'm running Mac OSX on the new MacBook Pro.

When I run shoddybattle, I get the usual Java prompt to trust the certificate.
The welcome window opens fine, and I can log into all but one of the servers in the window without issue. Unfortunately, when I attempt to log into the smogon.com server, I receive no response from the window. As in, my username and password are entered into the log in window, and after hitting enter or clicking Log In, nothing occurs.

Occasionally (very rarely actually), it will work. But when it does, I receive a prompt suggesting I leave the server, as if something failed to load correctly. I can not post the exact text, as I haven't even made it this far in several days.

I tried using the Advanced option on the welcome scene and input the correct host and port for smogon's server, which worked once, but has not since, and when it did gave me the odd 'leave server' prompt I mentioned earlier.

I'm pretty frustrated...any thoughts?

Thanks!
Well, usually when Smogon University server has a lot of users online(400+) It tends to lag A LOT and it would take a decent or huge amount of time to log in. I can only recommend getting a recent version of Java to fix it.

I'll try that. I'm due for a Java update. Thanks for the help

EDIT: No luck with the Java update. I did actually get a response from the log in window, it told me I had entered the wrong username or password...which wasn't true I believe but either way it was promising.

After that, nothing.

And as to the lagging theory, I thought that may be the case, but in the past i have had zero trouble with sign in times, even when the server is practically overrun. My internet source is wireless, however as this hasn't changed either, I can't imagine that would be the issue.

Thanks again, but any further thoughts?

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does it not work on dial up now? It's not exactly the most bandwidth intensive app out there. Anyhow, shoddy battle 2's protocol is going to be much less bloated that shoddy battle 1's so everything should be faster in general

Does it not work on dial up now? It's not exactly the most bandwidth intensive app out there. Anyhow, shoddy battle 2's protocol is going to be much less bloated that shoddy battle 1's so everything should be faster in general
I was just wondering owning to the fact that the only connection I have at home is dial up and I haven't been on the server in weeks it seems. I tested it out and a few things are laggy (omg smogon server is laggy) but for the most part it seems to work alright.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, I think the problem is that my computer can't access shoddybattle.com to pull the necessary information that the jnlp needs to open shoddy. When I open it, I get redirected to google.com immediately. Does anybody know what could be causing this?
not to be a bother, but I really want to get this fixed in time for Stage 3 :(

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You must have some sort of web filter installed that is blocking shoddybattle.com. Can't really help you, it's up to you to take it up with whoever maintains your network.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
The thing is, that last time after i got a new version of java, the website loaded just fine. I tried it again (getting new java), and it still doesn't work. I'm the administrator on my computer, and my wifi network has no blocks on it (shoddybattle.com is the only website it happens on).

Hello, my problem is with all the servers. I think I posted this on sourceforge a while back, but didn't get any help.

As of now, I can log on to Shoddy on any server, and watch battles. However, if I accept a challenge to a battle, send out a challenge that is accepted, or attempt to find a match on the ladder, I get a connection reset error. I have no idea what is wrong.

If someone can help with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Gosh again?

This thread needs a header about this or something >>

Currently, certain members of smogon are working on a sprite package for pokemon platinum sprites, which will most likely be implemented into SB2, however, neither bearzly nor Colin have given a concrete statement regarding it.

How do I get my server permanently listed in the list of servers?

And, if you guys do not mind, I am going to repost this here.... And see if I get more views here then I did in my topic (A whopping total of 1).

Shoddy just froze on me.

Was I not supposed to re-install Shoddy after installing the Shoddy Server Pack? I could not find any way to open Shoddy without re-installing it. (A file called ShoddyBattle.jar in the dist folder will not open... I assumed that was not it.)

What did I do? I've pretty much tried everything... Suggestions?

I'm having trouble getting Shoddy to work:

Error: Unexpected exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Launch File:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp
spec="1.0+"
codebase="http://shoddybattle.com/client/"
href="shoddybattle.jnlp">
<information>
<title>Shoddy Battle</title>
<vendor>Colin Fitzpatrick &amp; Benjamin Gwin</vendor>
<homepage href="http://shoddybattle.com" />
<description kind="short">An extensible Pokemon simulator</description>
<description>A pokemon simulator that is free as in freedom</description>
<shortcut online="true">
<desktop />
<menu />
</shortcut>
<icon href="http://shoddybattle.com/client/icon.gif" width="64" height="64" />
</information>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.4+" />
<j2se version="1.5+" />
<j2se version="1.6+" />
<jar href="ShoddyBattleClient.jar" />
<jar href="ShoddyBattle.jar" />
<jar href="PokemonSprites.jar" />
<jar href="swing-layout-1.0.2.jar" />
</resources>
<resources os="Windows" arch="x86">
<nativelib href="ShoddyHelper.jar" />
</resources>
<security>
<all-permissions />
</security>
<application-desc main-class="shoddybattleclient.WelcomeWindow">
<argument>sprites.PokemonSprite</argument>
<argument>http://shoddybattle.com/client/dpmovesets.db</argument>
</application-desc>
</jnlp>

Exception:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: shoddybattle/ModData
at shoddybattleclient.WelcomeWindow.main(WelcomeWindow.java:327)
... 9 more

If you tell me to uninstall+reinstall Shoddy, please also tell me how to uninstall it, because I don't think I did it right before (on a different computer). Thank you.

Did you try to delete or search for the shoddy uninstall file in the Program Files folder under the local disk in My Computer?

I hope this doesn't sound too new user-ish, but can BL pokemon be used in both UU and OU, or just OU and standard, as the Froslass 'Suicide Lead' states:

'This set operates very smoothly in UU, only losing to the occasional Taunt Electrode, but is not nearly as effective in OU. The Speed tiers are much higher in OU, so Froslass'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)