Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you're thinking of making a topic that can be answered with one post, please post it here instead. New threads should be for discussion!

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:

1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
  2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.
  3. At least do a simple Google search before asking the question here.
  4. This is already in the Smogon and Dragonspiral Tower forum rules, but I will reiterate again do not discuss ROMs or other illegal things.
  5. Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does [move / item / ability] do?
Check the links in this topic before asking. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78983
Also read the first post here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79340

Can we breed Dream World Abilities?
From the research thread:
CONFIRMED Breeding a Dream World female parent with any male parent (but not vice versa) has a chance of giving the offspring its respective Dream World Ability. It is unknown whether Ditto counts as the female for this purpose, and we won't know until DW Ditto is released. (Maverick Hunter, 0mastar\The Shadow Knight)
Can you use Giratina's and Shaymin's alternate formes over WiFi?
Yes.

I don't play Ubers much, so I wouldn't know this, but: Can you use both Giratina and Giratina-O on the same team, or does it violate the species clause since they have the same Pokédex number?

I don't play Ubers much, so I wouldn't know this, but: Can you use both Giratina and Giratina-O on the same team, or does it violate the species clause since they have the same Pokédex number?
Same reason why you can't run 6 Arceus of different types: violation of Species Clause.

Same reason why you can't run 6 Arceus of different types: violation of Species Clause.
It's more comparable to Rotom + Rotom-A, as they have different stats and serve different roles. 6 Arceus aren't too different individually - the only viable sets are, IIRC, Extremekill/CM/tank sets depending on the type.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's more comparable to Rotom + Rotom-A, as they have different stats and serve different roles. 6 Arceus aren't too different individually - the only viable sets are, IIRC, Extremekill/CM/tank sets depending on the type.
Mix is good too

Who would you guys say are the top 5 or so threats in the uber meta game that every team should have a counter to?

Is that Scarf Kygore supposed to be a Specs Kygore? Or is scarf actually more deadly?

Also what freaking counters Mewtwo? >.>

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is that Scarf Kygore supposed to be a Specs Kygore? Or is scarf actually more deadly?

Also what freaking counters Mewtwo? >.>
Its not a question of what is more deadly as in what way they're deadly. ScarfOgre is a potent cleaner and revenge killer whereas SpecsOgre is a nuke.

Also, nothing really counters Mewtwo. Only real way to stop it is to revenge kill it.

Scarf Kyogre outspeeds a lot of things while still hitting hard with Water Spout. Specs Kyogre gets easily revenged by Scarf Zekrom...

As for Mewtwo, the main point is to just hit it with powerful Outrages.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Cool :)

So what are some good Arceus forms other then the Killer?
Pretty much every Arceus type can run a good CM set. Steel and Ghost are particularly good.

If you're looking for physical Arceus, SD Dragon, Ghost, and Ground are your best bets.

Whats the best set for a Poison Arceus?

(sorry for so many questions lol I'm new at pokemon and I like learning)

On a sun team, should I run fire blast over the standard ice beam or aura spere on a calm mind mewtwo. If yes whitch move should I drop?

Depends on your team, really. Seeing as most likely you are running Groudon, you SHOULD have a way of dealing with Dialga. In that case, drop Aura Sphere, since FB is still hitting Ferro harder in the rain.

i like latias and im wondering if latias can still find a way to work in ubers or are there to many ice beams and dragons around were latias wouldnt survive in a uber battle

i like latias and im wondering if latias can still find a way to work in ubers or are there to many ice beams and dragons around were latias wouldnt survive in a uber battle
Latias is actually extremely useful in Ubers as a Kyogre counter, but only when it has Soul Dew as a held item. At the moment, Soul Dew is unreleased since it doesn't exist in Black/White version's coding, so Latias isn't as useful as it was in Gen IV.

Actually, correction: Soul Dew is programmed into the game, but there is currently no legal method of obtaining it. Hence, it's put into the DW tier.

Hey guys me again :P I was wondering if Jirachi would work well on a Uber Rain team?

If so whats a good build for her? I hate to ask but there isn't a finished Jirachi guide for Ubers :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)