Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer

I wouldn't think so, maybe the SpD, but I think your hp iv yields odd still, so not too big a of concern.
Right, well I can MAKE it yield odd even if it doesn't. You think I could use this for the Physical Attacker set then? :) Excellent. Especially because I jumped the gun and used my TM Roost on it already >.>

Gira-o can take a shadow sneak easily, don't underestimate it's bulk.
thats why I said switch out to someone who can 2hko it. I have tested that bantte quite a bit. I use choice band heracross night slash, or expert belt dialga

I've got a better idea than choice band heracross. Though only three attacks, I go for the flame+protect strategy. I've though of using giratina-o in trick room but I've never got round to actually catching a good one. As for banette, how should I use it? I'm a little bit confused...
I lead with a smeargle and dialga FOut combo, so it's almost guaranteed- but I'll try out bannette when I find out how to use it!
By the way ralts is one of my favourite because it can DB. I'll go and check whether banette can now. EDIT: yes, it can. Looks good to me- I'll try it.

yeah, the boost of stab from shadow sneak helps deal some damage. Most darkrias assume you have insomnia anyway, I use frisk.

Hey why shadow sneak when you have sucker punch?
It's simple. Because Shadow Sneak is much more reliable then Sucker Punch. For example MewTwo switches in. And it is runs substitute + Calm Mind, he may just use SUb and start Calm Minding on your face, as substitute easily block Sucker Punch. And really, when using this kind of team giving free turns is probably the worst possible thing.

shadow sneak- 60 power
sucker punch- 80 power

the things you want to dent, (deoxys-s and deoxys-a, mew, and others) won't attack. When your opponent sees banette, they may taunt + set up. Also to be noted, if you find shadow sneak isn't dealing enough, shadow claw can work, since it has double power, and with trick room up you can actually try to kill things that take super effective damage.

if you want a boost in power, use shadow claw over sucker punch.

It's a matter of deciding wether you want a guarenteed hit or more damage.

Hey i've got this amazing idea to badly poison steel types! But the question is, should i burn or badly poison the opponents? I think you'll work out what I'm thinking of when I say the word: cresselia.
Thanks, pikmin And garganator by the way.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey i've got this amazing idea to badly poison steel types! But the question is, should i burn or badly poison the opponents? I think you'll work out what I'm thinking of when I say the word: cresselia.
Thanks, pikmin And garganator by the way.
Steel types can't be Poisoned. Psycho Shift would just shift Poison over, but the Steel type wouldn't get Poisoned. Burn's your only option.

Oops, sorry! Didn't know what I was thinking, you know, when you just blurt out something without a first thought.
Well this is a slow thread, with mostly me and you(you few people) posting! I've got one question:

dialga or cresselia as lead for trick room? A smeargle assistant is provided to use fake out. I use both in my team, but who first? Dialga for immediate power, cresselia for dual screens and durability(which brings this up: Lum berry or light clay?).

Also, you guys are quite knowledgeable on ubers! Want a battle sometime so I can get more experience as an uber player?

Hi everyone! Now here's a hard one for you:
Smeargle and cresselia
now I've mixed it up a little. Let me explain:

cresselia@light clay
trick room
the screens
lunar dance

smeargle@focus sash
fake out
taunt
spore
toxic

cresselia attempts to set up the screens, while smeargle fakes out an opponent out so cresselia has time to set up one screen. If it's darkrai, I fake it out and use trick room, then spore it. I next proceed to bring on the ray-mence combination(yes I know, pretty crazy right?)

the leads have some problems when this happens:
mewtwo uses taunt on cresselia
cresselia falls asleep
the darkrai has a lum berry

all of these can be faked out, but not all at once... I'm in a very difficult decision:
-give cresselia a lum berry which, for obvious reasons, I really don't want.
-scrap the whole thing(I am not going to do that!)
-someone suggest a better idea(sounds good to me!)

so how would I go about setting up the screens without worrying about lum darkrais or taunting mewtwos? I know I could use dialga but then there's no point- this isn't a trick room team like my other one! I'd really like to use this tactic without resorting to desperate lum berries(or measures). Also I DO use trick room twice in almost-a-row so I can spore the darkrai before it reacts.

Hello all!

I want to make a team with Ho-oh and Groudon for certain. I have already caught the Ho-oh, although not yet trained it - It is Adamant and has 31 Speed (amongst other excellent IVs) so I could do either the Physical Attacker or Choice Band/Scarf sets.

There are three complications with the team:
1. I am limited to non-promotional Pokemon from Heart Gold and Platinum only. I'm doing a real life Wi-Fi team with no hacks, so I don't have access to special promotions like Jirachi and Deoxys. I can, however, get Darkrai and Shaymin if I really need to (would like to avoid it).
2. Runner-types from the aforementioned games will be VERY difficult to control for because of their running nature. This means that although I can GET Mesprit, Cresselia, Entei, Raikou, and Latias, I am not likely to find one suitable for play.
3. I am getting my friend's Groudon and I only have until Friday to catch it before I need to return his game.

Quick list of legends I have access to (and am able to easily SR):
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (NOT Giratina-O due to real-life Wi-Fi restrictions), Heatran, and MAYBE Darkrai and Shaymin

My main question is, what Groudon build should I hunt for, and do you have any suggestions for team members? I am thinking that with Ho-oh, Groudon, and inevitably Forretress, I need a Stealth Rock user, so maybe I should base Groudon around that. In that respect, I could either go with the Adamant one, or the differently-built Careful one, or even the Sassy Lead. http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/groudon - Easy reference to Groudon. If you have any recommendations on how to build Ho-oh too, I'll take those. Groudon and Ho-oh are the reasons I am building the team at all, just FYI, and I want the team built around them.

The reason why I am asking instead of just going out and testing them on Shoddy is because I don't have the time! I have until Friday to not only decide on Groudon, but SR and catch it!

Thanks!

EDIT: Of course, I have access to breeding any and ALL non-legendary Pokemon. The team doesn't have to be 100% legendary :)

Hello all!

I want to make a team with Ho-oh and Groudon for certain. I have already caught the Ho-oh, although not yet trained it - It is Adamant and has 31 Speed (amongst other excellent IVs) so I could do either the Physical Attacker or Choice Band/Scarf sets.

There are three complications with the team:
1. I am limited to non-promotional Pokemon from Heart Gold and Platinum only. I'm doing a real life Wi-Fi team with no hacks, so I don't have access to special promotions like Jirachi and Deoxys. I can, however, get Darkrai and Shaymin if I really need to (would like to avoid it).
2. Runner-types from the aforementioned games will be VERY difficult to control for because of their running nature. This means that although I can GET Mesprit, Cresselia, Entei, Raikou, and Latias, I am not likely to find one suitable for play.
3. I am getting my friend's Groudon and I only have until Friday to catch it before I need to return his game.

Quick list of legends I have access to (and am able to easily SR):
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (NOT Giratina-O due to real-life Wi-Fi restrictions), Heatran, and MAYBE Darkrai and Shaymin

My main question is, what Groudon build should I hunt for, and do you have any suggestions for team members? I am thinking that with Ho-oh, Groudon, and inevitably Forretress, I need a Stealth Rock user, so maybe I should base Groudon around that. In that respect, I could either go with the Adamant one, or the differently-built Careful one, or even the Sassy Lead. http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/groudon - Easy reference to Groudon. If you have any recommendations on how to build Ho-oh too, I'll take those. Groudon and Ho-oh are the reasons I am building the team at all, just FYI, and I want the team built around them.

The reason why I am asking instead of just going out and testing them on Shoddy is because I don't have the time! I have until Friday to not only decide on Groudon, but SR and catch it!

Thanks!

EDIT: Of course, I have access to breeding any and ALL non-legendary Pokemon. The team doesn't have to be 100% legendary :)
Since the team is based off Ho-oh and the sun, you'll either want resistances to rock or strong attackers. Specs Heatran is a good start off, make sure to rng/sr a modest one with 31 SpA and HP grass. Groudon should be the physically bulky set, with the remaining evs in SpD or attack imo. Palkia should act as a revenge killer for the team, and provide you a good ogre check. Also, incorporating Latias would be a good idea for an emergency Palkia/Kyogre check.

Since the team is based off Ho-oh and the sun, you'll either want resistances to rock or strong attackers. Specs Heatran is a good start off, make sure to rng/sr a modest one with 31 SpA and HP grass. Groudon should be the physically bulky set, with the remaining evs in SpD or attack imo. Palkia should act as a revenge killer for the team, and provide you a good ogre check. Also, incorporating Latias would be a good idea for an emergency Palkia/Kyogre check.
From what I read, I figured Palkia and Latias would be in there. Latias is a runner, but I may be able to get my friends' Latias from the Enigma Stone event, whenever that comes out.

May I ask which Groudon build you are referring to (or if it's a personal variant you use outside of Smogon's list)? I am drawn to the "Supporting Groudon" set, with Stealth Rock and Toxic/Thunder Wave (not sure which to use). I assume that's the one you're referring to, as an all-out offensive Groudon does little to help Ho-oh. But should I use the Adamant one (252 HP / 156 Atk / 32 Def / 60 SpD / 8 Spe), the Impish one (252 HP / 60 Atk / 136 Def / 60 SpD), or the Careful one (252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD)? Or an entirely different moveset/EV spread entirely?

In addition, should I go with the Life Orb Ho-oh with extra HP and Roost, or a Choice Band Ho-oh with all-out Attack and Speed? I'm thinking of the bulkier one with Roost, personally.

Sorry to bother you Tripe, and others - I would just HATE to screw up these Legends since this is my only chance to catch them!

From what I read, I figured Palkia and Latias would be in there. Latias is a runner, but I may be able to get my friends' Latias from the Enigma Stone event, whenever that comes out.

May I ask which Groudon build you are referring to (or if it's a personal variant you use outside of Smogon's list)? I am drawn to the "Supporting Groudon" set, with Stealth Rock and Toxic/Thunder Wave (not sure which to use). I assume that's the one you're referring to, as an all-out offensive Groudon does little to help Ho-oh. But should I use the Adamant one (252 HP / 156 Atk / 32 Def / 60 SpD / 8 Spe), the Impish one (252 HP / 60 Atk / 136 Def / 60 SpD), or the Careful one (252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD)? Or an entirely different moveset/EV spread entirely?

In addition, should I go with the Life Orb Ho-oh with extra HP and Roost, or a Choice Band Ho-oh with all-out Attack and Speed? I'm thinking of the bulkier one with Roost, personally.

Sorry to bother you Tripe, and others - I would just HATE to screw up these Legends since this is my only chance to catch them!
I use 252 hp/196 def/60 SpD Impish personally, with the impish moveset. The subroosting Ho-oh is best from experience.

I use 252 hp/196 def/60 SpD Impish personally, with the impish moveset. The subroosting Ho-oh is best from experience.
Ah, all-out defense. By Impish moveset, I suspect you refer to Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Dragon Claw? Or perhaps Toxic instead of Thunder Wave? Although I believe the Toxic was more for tank busting.

The author of the moveset with the 60 Atk/136 Def claimed that the extra Attack allows for a 2HKO on Garchomp. As the Ubers tutor and, from what I can tell, a very experienced person, I suspect that you find the extra Defense better out of real-life experience than the Attack.

Again I apologize for bothering you. But at least I can start SRing him now and flesh out the moveset/EV spread details a little later.

Thanks tripe!

Ah, all-out defense. By Impish moveset, I suspect you refer to Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Dragon Claw? Or perhaps Toxic instead of Thunder Wave? Although I believe the Toxic was more for tank busting.

The author of the moveset with the 60 Atk/136 Def claimed that the extra Attack allows for a 2HKO on Garchomp. As the Ubers tutor and, from what I can tell, a very experienced person, I suspect that you find the extra Defense better out of real-life experience than the Attack.

Again I apologize for bothering you. But at least I can start SRing him now and flesh out the moveset/EV spread details a little later.

Thanks tripe!
That analysis spread almost ensures a 3hko from scarf Outrage from Garchomp, while the spread I use makes it a very chance factoring in leftovers. You can add the extra evs into attack if you want, as being able 2hko min/min Gira-o would be nice. I like the extra SpD evs to take spacial rend from scarf Palkia a bit better.

That analysis spread almost ensures a 3hko from scarf Outrage from Garchomp, while the spread I use makes it a very chance factoring in leftovers. You can add the extra evs into attack if you want, as being able 2hko min/min Gira-o would be nice. I like the extra SpD evs to take spacial rend from scarf Palkia a bit better.
If Gira-O is the only concern, I'll do the 252 HP/196 Def/60 SpD as you recommended. If I recall correctly, Griseous Orb is impossible to use on Wi-Fi, so no Gira-O.

SRing something with 31s in all of those stats is going to be rough. I might post Groudon stats later on for approval and appropriate changes to the EV spread.

Hey, if I have an extra 4 EVs to put into a Subroosting Ho-oh, should I push its Speed up 1 point so it outspeeds other Ho-ohs and Dialgas, or into Special Defense?

If Gira-O is the only concern, I'll do the 252 HP/196 Def/60 SpD as you recommended. If I recall correctly, Griseous Orb is impossible to use on Wi-Fi, so no Gira-O.

SRing something with 31s in all of those stats is going to be rough. I might post Groudon stats later on for approval and appropriate changes to the EV spread.

Hey, if I have an extra 4 EVs to put into a Subroosting Ho-oh, should I push its Speed up 1 point so it outspeeds other Ho-ohs and Dialgas, or into Special Defense?
Dialgas run about 250 ish or max speed, or no speed if they're leading. Sure if you hate speed ties against other Ho-ohs.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can, but you watch out to always add HP EVs in factors of 8 for Ho-oh, so he can have an odd number for HP, allowing her to switch into Stealth Rock twice.

Oh no, I've forgotten a simple thing- how exactly does sleep clause function in doubles?
And...
How do I reliably set up the screens,and trick room, with light clay, without being taunted or put to sleep? My solution is trick room+fake out+spore(smeargle and cresselia), but this only stops one at a time, and if your answer is "cresselia", I'll have you know she gets taunted straight away, or dark voided, depending on who I fake out. Yes, I know dialga is a great trick roomer who rarely gets taunted, but who sets up the screens? Could someone go through how to do it?- because I've been thinking about this for a very long time.

ok so I've never played ubers before in my life and dont really have a clue what to look for or be worried about when I'm making my team but I kind of want to run a jumpluff groundon team but I'm not sure on the ev spread to give Jumpluff. Can any one help me out on this?

shrang

General Kenobi
Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 Def/252 Spd/70 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Encore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
That's Theorymon's Ubers Jumpluff in his Archived RMT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)