Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Putting this here because I don't know where else to. The PS damage calc puts damage calcs in the 'wrong' order when doing a One vs All or All vs One calcs. Trivial but thought it should be pointed out.

Lowest to highest:
Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 23.56.05.png

Highest to lowest:
Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 23.55.51.png

p2

Banned deucer.
Is there something wrong with the ladder algorithm seriously?
Every time I register a new name and play I only get matched up with 1000-1100 players no matter what, last week I won 32 games in a row and climbed 300 points because I don't play anyone higher than 1100

Same thing happened to my friend two weeks ago, 120-20 and 1500 points
can i ask why this has not been addressed yet?

it's a big issue especially when olt has been going on, and this issue has existed since the second cycle. it's ridiculous that some people are playing up to 80 games and not even breaking 1500 because they're getting paired with 1100 people, and they lose a stupid amount especially if they lose.

it seems to have settled a bit but it's still pretty ridiculous how it's still happening when it never used to.

can i ask why this has not been addressed yet?

it's a big issue especially when olt has been going on, and this issue has existed since the second cycle. it's ridiculous that some people are playing up to 80 games and not even breaking 1500 because they're getting paired with 1100 people, and they lose a stupid amount especially if they lose.

it seems to have settled a bit but it's still pretty ridiculous how it's still happening when it never used to.
Zarel said reseting the ladder will solve it for at least a year (approximately) and we'll be reseting the ladder after OLT to act on this. It is a big issue and unfortunately one we can't solve during OLT. However, it is on Zarel's to-do list as it's a significant issue when it does crop up.

Reactions: p2
Sorry for title gore. Anyways, I've been using the pokemonshowdown damage calc: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ for a while now. The issue is my friend sees new sets: such as Crawdaunts choice band set added to the calculator. For me, the only two sets I see are the OU Swords dance and a blank set
Is there a reason why this is happening, or better yet, what I can do to "update" the calculator? It isn't just about crawdaunt's set not being added, any "new" set added to pokemon shows up for him but not for me.

Thanks a bunch!

Hello, I wanted to ask, what are the requirements for participating in BLT? Ive heard it has something to do with the tournaments, but I am not sure

Sorry for title gore. Anyways, I've been using the pokemonshowdown damage calc: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ for a while now. The issue is my friend sees new sets: such as Crawdaunts choice band set added to the calculator. For me, the only two sets I see are the OU Swords dance and a blank set
Is there a reason why this is happening, or better yet, what I can do to "update" the calculator? It isn't just about crawdaunt's set not being added, any "new" set added to pokemon shows up for him but not for me.

Thanks a bunch!
Hey, Welcome to smogon forums, I am pretty new also
You can add a new set by choosing a blank set, or a set that already exists with similar EVs, In your case, the swords dance set has the same evs in attack with the band set I believe, so just change that set that already exists item from life orb(or focus sash, I'm not completely sure) to the choice band, and it will give you proper calculations.
Sorry for being a bit wordy, hope that helps :)

BLT isn't going on right now, but when it is. You have to be in the leaderboard in the "Tournaments" room on Pokemon Showdown!. You do this by winning tours in that room. You have to be in the top 8 or 12 depending on the host of BLT. BLT3 just finished some time ago so I think BLT4 will be around next year.
Ok, thx

hi i just had a battle with my friend and wanted to save it. it gave me the code of the battle so i saved that onto a word document. how do i watch it?

hi i just had a battle with my friend and wanted to save it. it gave me the code of the battle so i saved that onto a word document. how do i watch it?
It's not supposed to give you code. If you want to save a replay, just click the "upload/share replay" at the bottom right of the battle window. Your replay will be saved and you'll get the link to the replay. You'll also be able to find said replay on the replay server (replay.pokemonshowdown.com) by searching for your name/your opponent's name.

If you click save replay, it saves it in html form iirc so you'd be able to open the file in a browser and view it. Not sure what you were using PS on here honestly. Were you using the browser version, downloadable client for windows or the unofficial third party android app? (If it's the latter we don't know what's wrong and can't help, sorry)

First of all, email isn't associated with showdown...as long as you don't have the same username and PW as your showdown account, you should be ok. Just to be safe though, you might want to change something if it is slightly related.

About the recent PS hack:
Did the passwords get out => Hence the message, Change your passwords?
Were the passwords stored as hashes or plaintext? Plaintext would be scary ...

What's the best way to record Showdown with OBS/best settings/best setup? I'm trying to start a YT channel.

If you're not within the top 500 on a Ladder, how can you check your rating without battling?
Use the "/rank" command in the chat and it'll pull up your ratings for all your formats. You can also do "/rank insert person's username here" to check someone else's rating.

Hey guys whenever I hop on showdown it always gives the message - You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted

It does not reconnect even if i click reconnect

help me

There is a rule that timerstalling is a bannable offence. I would understand such a rule perfectly well, only that from autopsy I know that timerstalling reduces the timer pretty badly... ppl were arguing with me that it doesn't, but these are screenshots that prove it: http://wstaw.org/m/2016/10/10/Untitled.png http://wstaw.org/m/2016/10/10/Untitled2.png (sorry I allowed myself a little bit timerstalling just to check this)

OK, since timerstalling reduces the timer to the minimum anyway, why is it a bannable offence? Isn't this rule a little redundant? The real punishment for timerstalling is just not having enough time to timerstall... nor to think

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
There is a rule that timerstalling is a bannable offence. I would understand such a rule perfectly well, only that from autopsy I know that timerstalling reduces the timer pretty badly... ppl were arguing with me that it doesn't, but these are screenshots that prove it: http://wstaw.org/m/2016/10/10/Untitled.png http://wstaw.org/m/2016/10/10/Untitled2.png (sorry I allowed myself a little bit timerstalling just to check this)

OK, since timerstalling reduces the timer to the minimum anyway, why is it a bannable offence? Isn't this rule a little redundant? The real punishment for timerstalling is just not having enough time to timerstall... nor to think
If you move quickly for a couple of turns, you can get the timer back up to 150 seconds, allowing you to stall it out every 2-3 turns. It's a bannable offense because no one wants to be timer stalled, and it allows people to win against less determined opponents through stalling, rather than through good playing or teambuilding.

I was told it is impossible for PS to support royal battles, ie. 2v2 battles, with 4 players.

Is it fundamentally impossible? Why?

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I was told it is impossible for PS to support royal battles, ie. 2v2 battles, with 4 players.

Is it fundamentally impossible? Why?
It introduces too many new concepts and refactors that we'd need to implement manually and in general is too complex for PS' challenge format

Question:is random battle/unrated random battle really random?

the thing is i see many pokemon repeated for example i see spirtomb a lot and if it was just as simple as a 1-710 roll then the chances of seeing that pokemon should not be as high as it actually is

so is it truely random or is some system in play?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)