Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

There are a variety of moves that can't be found in the damage calc, like rollout, ice ball, pay day etc.
Is there a specific reason for this because of those moves' irrelevancy, or is it an oversight/mistake in the calc itself?

This is kind of a technical question I suppose, but its probably not a bug and I'm just missing something obvious so I don't want to make a big deal about it.

How does a kyogre with no speed boosts and drizzle ability outspeed a persian with no speed deductions?

Copied from a downloaded battle replay (can provide full battle if it would help):
Turn 3
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
The opposing Gigalith ate its Custap Berry!
The opposing Gigalith's Custap Berry let it move first!
The opposing Gigalith used Explosion!
Landorus lost 13% of its health!
The opposing Gigalith fainted!
Landorus fainted!
Go! Persian!
Nanocide sent out Kyogre!
[Opposing Kyogre's Drizzle!]
It started to rain!
Pointed stones dug into Persian!
Turn 4
The opposing Kyogre used Water Spout!
A critical hit! Persian lost 88% of its health!
Persian fainted!

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
More than likely a Choice Scarf Kyogre (before ORAS, very common to spam 150 BP Water Spouts before anything else moves off the bat).

You can provide a replay for leaders / admins to look at so they can confirm that if you wish.

hi, i didn't know where else to report a possible glitch but i wanted someone to know that in PS, when a fire type move is used on mega venusaur, the simulator still shows it as "super effective", despite mega venusaur having thick fat. the pokemon who used flamethrower on venu was hydreigon so he didn't have mold breaker or anything like that. Here's the turn:

Turn 1
The opposing Venusaur's Venusaurite is reacting to lil baby's Mega Bracelet!
The opposing Venusaur has Mega Evolved into Mega Venusaur!

Hydreigon used Flamethrower!
It's super effective! The opposing frog plant lost 26% of its health!

The opposing Venusaur used Sleep Powder!
Hydreigon fell asleep!

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That's how it's supposed to be. Thick Fat doesn't remove the type effectiveness messages (SE and NVE) in-game. The damage is still calculated correctly - Mega Venusaur still takes neutral damage from Hydreigon's Flamethrower despite the message. Mold Breaker wouldn't change this except that the damage would indeed be super effective (or nve in some other cases).

Uh there's an event called UGM, hypothetically if you are roomvoice in all participating rooms, do you not get roomvoice at all

(OMG Zeep this is a stupid question ask it on PS...)

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh there's an event called UGM, hypothetically if you are roomvoice in all participating rooms, do you not get roomvoice at all

(OMG Zeep this is a stupid question ask it on PS...)
Hi PokeZeep

I think if all the participants will be promoted roomvoice it is because there will certainly be a modchat+ which allows voice and above to talk on chat so if you are already voice in the different rooms you will not need anything c:

hi,
me and my few friends use showdown frequently whenever we are online. the problem is we don't have internet facility 24/7 in our boarding house in school and when we do have its not sure we will both be online, however we do get free time when we can get together. so i really want to know if it's possible to create a lan server without having internet. i made a server with the gihub source but it needs internet connectivity.

I am sorry if I posted in a wrong section. :)

Hi PokeZeep

I think if all the participants will be promoted roomvoice it is because there will certainly be a modchat+ which allows voice and above to talk on chat so if you are already voice in the different rooms you will not need anything c:
It doesn't work like that. It's only awarded to the top 3. But uhh yeah this helps.

Im using windows xp sp3
On chrome
I've tried opera and firefox
USername is x-man unbound
and my problem is i cant get in to the server

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
There are a variety of moves that can't be found in the damage calc, like rollout, ice ball, pay day etc.
Is there a specific reason for this because of those moves' irrelevancy, or is it an oversight/mistake in the calc itself?
They are never used in competitive matches, so it being in the calc is redundant. For any other moves you can use the Custom move and set the power etc and it should still calculate correctly.

http://m.imgur.com/p3lS8lZ,S9CrqTP,2S9zOE3,W5xCo6Z
Please help, I know this may have been answered already but I cant mega evolve on android app. Im really getting frustrarted :( please reply. That link is pics of what happens when I try to find the mega evolve button. If possible, can you show me with *screenshots* how to mega evolve?
The app isn't an official part of PS so you'd have to talk to the creator of it (Rainfountain, I think). I personally prefer the regular mobile browser version of PS to the app because of stuff like this.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this but can someone give me a list of Pokemon Showdown Music? The music that plays when you're battling? I've recognised some of them like Cheren's Battle Theme from BW but there are maybe 10-11 songs I haven't recognised, can somebody give me a list and the games they came from? Thank you.

OK sorry it was my dog that wrote that, dumb dog...Anyways I'm waiting for the reset to play some PS without the tryhard ladderers. Plase when is it, yo

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to tell you for that reason
OK sorry it was my dog that wrote that, dumb dog...Anyways I'm waiting for the reset to play some PS without the tryhard ladderers. Plase when is it, yo
OK, there's no such rule as we won't tell banned users when a restart will happen. The only reason you haven't gotten an answer is because there's no planned restarts. They generally happen whenever an admin restarts it, reasons for it varying from: putting in new features, getting rid of lag, fixing bugs and "it's been up for too long". So, you'll have to wait till one of those things happen. Generally tho, server won't be up for more than a week without a restart so there should be one soon.

edit- oh and, don't post the same question 5000 times before someone answers. wait for a more reasonable amount of time and repeat when it's been too long (3 times in the span of slightly more than 24 hours is not reasonable)

OK, there's no such rule as we won't tell banned users when a restart will happen. The only reason you haven't gotten an answer is because there's no planned restarts. They generally happen whenever an admin restarts it, reasons for it varying from: putting in new features, getting rid of lag, fixing bugs and "it's been up for too long". So, you'll have to wait till one of those things happen. Generally tho, server won't be up for more than a week without a restart so there should be one soon.

edit- oh and, don't post the same question 5000 times before someone answers. wait for a more reasonable amount of time and repeat when it's been too long (3 times in the span of slightly more than 24 hours is not reasonable)
I hate when people can't estimate, could you give me some timers? e.g. "a week" "a month" "three days" "a year"

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is kind of a technical question I suppose, but its probably not a bug and I'm just missing something obvious so I don't want to make a big deal about it.

How does a kyogre with no speed boosts and drizzle ability outspeed a persian with no speed deductions?

Copied from a downloaded battle replay (can provide full battle if it would help):
Turn 3
The opposing Gigalith ate its Custap Berry!
The opposing Gigalith's Custap Berry let it move first!
The opposing Gigalith used Explosion!
Landorus lost 13% of its health!
The opposing Gigalith fainted!
Landorus fainted!
Go! Persian!
Nanocide sent out Kyogre!
[Opposing Kyogre's Drizzle!]
It started to rain!
Pointed stones dug into Persian!
Turn 4
The opposing Kyogre used Water Spout!
A critical hit! Persian lost 88% of its health!
Persian fainted!
You didn't happen to use Roar, did you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)