Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

has anyone had an issue with eviolite I have it on a dusclops and tangela, but it does not show a stat increase. I notice when my pokemon is out, and I move my mouse over the pokemon they do not have a boost to thier defencs. I have tried deleting and reuploading my team. The increase was there up until recently.

has anyone had an issue with eviolite I have it on a dusclops and tangela, but it does not show a stat increase. I notice when my pokemon is out, and I move my mouse over the pokemon they do not have a boost to thier defencs. I have tried deleting and reuploading my team. The increase was there up until recently.
Hi, you shouldn't be making threads just to ask questions, so i merged this with the simple questions thread, which is where you should have posted in the first place.

Can you specify what you mean by increase? Afaik, the eviolite boost was never shown in the actual stat numbers when you hover the mon, but the boost was still there. (as in, while you can't see the increase in numbers, the defenses would still be boosted and you could test this by comparing damage using the damage calculator)

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
How do I get voice in Pokemon Showdown lobby? Ive had it for over a week...
This is not really the place to ask this, either way just type /faq staff in chat and read some tips on how to become voice. One of the main rules is clearly not to ask for it though

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
On pokemon showdown when I try to type something all it says is you must have had it for a week, and won atleast one ladder match Milak
You're talking about autoconfirmed rank then, you must regiser your account first using the command /register, insert a password etc, then you'll have to wait for a week to be autoconfirmed and to be able to talk during ac chat.

help
when i click on the backup/restore button my pokemon showdown crashes because i have too many teams (700 or so). this means i can't backup my teams in case my cookies get deleted, and i can't mass add teams either. i'd prefer to not delete any team at all. is there a way i can backup my teams now?
Highlight them all and put them in a word doc or notepad

So I asked in another thread about the reason for delay on the multibattle feature.

I'm just wondering why multi battles are so hard to implement. like is it a server problem? Programming problem?

Other?

panpawn

You Can't See Me
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I asked in another thread about the reason for delay on the multibattle feature.

I'm just wondering why multi battles are so hard to implement. like is it a server problem? Programming problem?

Other?
Multi-battles are very possible on Showdown.

The real issue with implementing these kinds of things is that there's so much other stuff higher up on the to-do list, and it's hard for developers to have time to get to everything as fast as we would like as there are far more users than there are developers.

Are there plans to implement a Flash Clash (April Wi-Fi tournament) ladder soon? If I recall, they've usually gone up the day following their international announcement.

Last edited:
Perhaps. We don't support custom timers though.
I think I can speak for the rest of the Battle Spot board when I say the testing something close to the proper format would provide, even without the right timers, would be enormously helpful. It wouldn't be any different from how the VGC ladder or even Battle Spot ladders as a whole operate anyway.

Last edited:
Hi, players of Pokemon Showdown. I recently ran into a problem today while playing the game. When I tried to change the background, an error occurred saying that the background chooser is having technical difficulties. What does this mean? Please comment below as soon as possible.

I was reading about Sketch on Bulbapedia, and you can't sketch moves in Link Battles, so shouldn't that mean that Smeargle is limited to moves that are actually used in-game by wild pokemon and NPC? So shouldn't Dark Void not be able to be learned by him legally? Or am I missing something.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
You can use Sketch on your own moves so any format that is Doubles / Triples oriented allows Smeargle to use it on everything in existence. It currently cannot Sketch Chatter nor Struggle bc the game doesn't allow it.

Use the SQSA thread next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)