Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

The hotkey for deleting the browser cache depends on your browser. If you don't have gen7 pokemon and data, this means your browser still has the old version cached and you need to clear your cache.

I can confirm the calc has the terrain effects and correctly applies the 1.5x multiplier.
I deleted all my Smogon and Showdown cookies and cleared my Firefox cache and tried again but the calculator still isn't applying Water Bubble, doesn't have Leech Life, doesn't properly calculate Thousand Arrows, and doesn't have Terrain in the Field menu for All-vs-One/One-vs-All (toggles for Terrain effects have always appeared on One-vs-One but nowhere else). Sorting is also still bugged. Also blank sets for Gen7 pokemon have always shown up for me.

EDIT: Also Zygarde's Complete Form is not in the damage calc.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
What's the reasoning behind allowing some leniency towards people who trash talk or troll? Whenever I run into one of these people, it really takes away from the ladder experience, and it really just makes me not want to play anymore.

I know that the "Ignore Opponent" button exists, but that seems to just entail escaping the problem, not dealing with it.

I understand that some of it is just me (for example, I didn't get much sleep last night because of a dumb assignment) but my belief is that the problem of these kinds of people is one we're not addressing properly.

I know that the "Ignore Opponent" button exists, but that seems to just entail escaping the problem, not dealing with it.
There's less leniency than some assume.

Yes, there are buttons for ignoring opponents / spectators so you can deal with situations that annoy you but don't break the rules.

However, the chat rules apply in battle rooms if at least one of the players wishes it. (There's this tiny bracket saying you can opt out of chat rules in private chat rooms and battle rooms, but only if all ROs or players agree to it.)
And then there's the global rules, which always apply; regardless of the players being okay with something or not.

Generation 3

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Tyrogue's past gen egg moves Helping Hand, Mach Punch do not have a valid father. (Is this incorrect? If so, post the chainbreeding instructions in Bug Reports)

If Tyrogue can learn Helping Hand by breeding, It can evolve into Hitmonchan and learn Mach Punch and learn the both moves by breeding from Hitmonchan. Is this incorrect?

smic0921

Banned deucer.
I can only play showdown using vpn.
Every time I connect, "Due to spam, you can't chat using a proxy."
Am I locked forever? Is there a way to not get locked by using proxy?

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but here it goes. I'm in high school that uses the same ip for the whole school. So if someone gets locked from talking for a few days because of bad behavior, I am also locked and unable to chat with anyone. My problem is that this one person constantly trolls and does stuff to get them locked for a few days, and this affects the whole school and oddly enough when I try to play elsewhere. I have no idea who this person is and all the people I know that play PS at school also complain about it. How do you think I should handle the situation?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but here it goes. I'm in high school that uses the same ip for the whole school. So if someone gets locked from talking for a few days because of bad behavior, I am also locked and unable to chat with anyone. My problem is that this one person constantly trolls and does stuff to get them locked for a few days, and this affects the whole school and oddly enough when I try to play elsewhere. I have no idea who this person is and all the people I know that play PS at school also complain about it. How do you think I should handle the situation?
You're responsible for whatever happens on the IP you're using, so the simplest way to avoid getting locked on the school is simply by not using PS! there. There isn't really a way for the staff to stop the one person, without making it easy to evade the punishment and without making everyone unaffected by the punishment.

Would it be better to download the Showdown client, or just use it in-browser? I'd like to hear any pros/cons or differences between both, if possible.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Would it be better to download the Showdown client, or just use it in-browser? I'd like to hear any pros/cons or differences between both, if possible.
the in-browser version is better. not sure about all the pros but it certainly doesn't have the sound bug that the downloaded client has

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Not sure where else I would share, but Mega Alakazam's Special Defense is still 95 instead of 105 on the StrategyDex. Only sharing because I noticed other Gen 7 stat buffs have already been implemented.

Shahdow

Banned deucer.
Why did they remove Seasonals? If the problem was that they ran out of ideas, they could've just reused the ones from 2013/14.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)