B&W Research Thread

Did a search of the first post with keyword "oblivious" and found nothing, so here goes.

Mental Herb (which previously was exclusively used to cure attraction) has been found to cure Taunt, Torment, etc.

Does the Oblivious ability now do the same?

Did a search of the first post with keyword "oblivious" and found nothing, so here goes.

Mental Herb (which previously was exclusively used to cure attraction) has been found to cure Taunt, Torment, etc.

Does the Oblivious ability now do the same?
Page 72 has both this question and it's answer, which is no.

I have updated the OP will all recent research, the only exception is Free Fall who currently needs retesting

Care to test this with Arceus holding a Plate and a non-Plate item as well?
Arceus holding a Plate is immune to Trick, one holding Life Orb is not

What about trying to Trick a cassette to Genesect?
It failed

I understand Trick used to fail *when Arceus used it* whether it was holding a plate or not.

In Gen V can Arceus use Trick when it's not holding a plate?
(It learns Trick from 4th gen tutors)

Very interesting research question:

Can Harvest activate twice in one turn?

How to test: have a faster Pokemon attack a Harvest Pokemon holding Sitrus Berry so that it activates, and have the Harvest Pokemon use Substitute in the same turn. Does Sitrus Berry activate twice?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Very interesting research question:

Can Harvest activate twice in one turn?

How to test: have a faster Pokemon attack a Harvest Pokemon holding Sitrus Berry so that it activates, and have the Harvest Pokemon use Substitute in the same turn. Does Sitrus Berry activate twice?
I have confirmed that the Sitrus Berry does indeed activate twice in the same turn. I would like to extend my thanks to iamgreatness for helping me conduct this test.

Video

Perish song now causes the faster pokemon to faint first. If both trainers have one pokemon remaining, and they both faint in the same turn with perish song, the one with the faster pokemon will lose.

breh

強いだね
What happens if Volt Change/U-turn faint a Pokemon and the pokemon switched in after the Volt change has download? Does it get a boost or not?

dont know if it is posted already, but here is the new EXP formula(ill try to make it as easy-readable as possible):

/a×t×b×e×L L+2\
|------------ ×----- | +1
\ 5×s Lp+2/
EDIT: yea, i previewed the post, and i found out that they leave out spaces. Im just going to put the link here:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/01/Delta_exp_gen5.png

a is equal to 1 if the fainted Pokémon is wild, and 1.5 if the fainted Pokémon is owned by a Trainer.
t is equal to 1 if the winning Pokémon's OT is its current owner, 1.5 if the Pokémon was gained in a domestic trade, and 1.7 if the Pokémon was gained in an international trade.
b is the base experience yield of the fainted Pokémon's species, listed here.
e is equal to 1.5 if the winning Pokémon is holding a Lucky Egg, and 1 otherwise.
L is the level of the fainted Pokémon.
Lp is the level of the victorious Pokémon.
s is the number of Pokémon that participated in the battle and have not fainted. If any Pokémon in the party is holding an Exp. Share, s is equal to 2, and for the rest of the Pokémon, s is equal to twice the number of Pokémon that participated instead.

When battling on Wi-fi with team preview, are those icons like the ones used on PO shown? If that is the case, a few pokemon have form differences that are so subtle they aren't shown by the icon. The only time this matters competitively is to tell if Genesect has a cassette, and what kind it has if it does have one.

Hi, I'm sure someone has already posted this (though I couldn't find a mention), but I just discovered that EV training is now possible at Lv. 100 thanks to the EV wings.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I'm sure someone has already posted this (though I couldn't find a mention), but I just discovered that EV training is now possible at Lv. 100 thanks to the EV wings.
that was discovered within a couple days of the games release

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can anybody test Freefall in Rotation Battles? I recently saw a Battle Recorder vid where a Wargle picked up a Kojondo with Freefall, but then Kojondo was rotated out, both Pokemon came down, and Kojondo took no damage.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Jointly tested by Niched and SupremeDirt:

Mental Herb removes the effects of the following moves:

Attract
Taunt
Encore
Torment
Disable
Cursed Body
This list of moves affected by a mysterious flag may be the list of moves that Mental Herb affects.

I'm not sure how it would affect Me First, Mimic, Curse, Mirror Type, and a few others on that list, mainly because they affect the user more than the opponent.
Looking back at these, I've tested Miracle Skin as well to see if it fell under this mystery flag, just as Mental Herb was tested (and failed...) for it.

What I found is that everything Mental Herb blocks, Miracle Skin ALSO has a 50% chance to block, just like major Status.

So Miracle Skin is a 1/2 efficient Lum Berry + Mental Herb. What needs to still be done is compile an entire list of what Mental Herb actually cures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)