B&W Research Thread

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Yes, Confuse Ray failed against my Miracle Skin Shinpora.

In other more minor news, if you skill swap with team mates in Double/Triple battles, the opponent is not told what abities have been swapped, the graphical effect never appears.

breh

強いだね
@Ultimario: is the ability message shown in normal battles? Also what happens if a pokemon recieves an announcing ability (Mold Breaker, Forewarn, etc.)?

reasking an old question: what occurs if healing beam's target is KOed in a multi battle? Namely, can it be redirected if:

The teammate pokemon (assume doubles) double KOes the others (Heat Wave Ulgamoth OHKOes 2 level 1 Paras) and the healing beam was targeted on one of the Paras

or

if the teammate of the healing beam user is KOed and the teammate was targeted?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Yes, Skill Swap announces abilities traded in one-on-one matches. If you trade abilities that Announce like Pressure, for instance, when I Skill Swapped my Rankurusu and Absol, Pressure was re-announced on Rankurusu after the trade was complete.

Should using fake out with the normal elemental gem activate unburden since the item is technically consumed? For some reason this doesn't work on pokemon online and i have no explanation as to why that is the case other than it may not have been programmed to do so with those items or the usage of the Gem doesn't actually affect this ability for some odd reason. I figured if someone tested it in-game there could be a more conclusive answer on this cause i'm really curious

breh

強いだね
Should using fake out with the normal elemental gem activate unburden since the item is technically consumed? For some reason this doesn't work on pokemon online and i have no explanation as to why that is the case other than it may not have been programmed to do so with those items or the usage of the Gem doesn't actually affect this ability for some odd reason. I figured if someone tested it in-game there could be a more conclusive answer on this cause i'm really curious
Are you sure it doesn't work on PO? I've seen a few Hitmonlees use Normal Gem Fake Out in logs; if they're using it I presume it works.

And yes it does activate unburden (why shouldn't it?)

it never seemed to work for me cause i ran a hitmonlee just like that and it didn't happen. I guess i'll try again

Edit: it did. i screwed something up before i guess

breh

強いだね
can I ask a stupid (and likely answered) question?

what happens when a pokemon with Teravoltage/Turboblaze/Mold Breaker uses Toxic on a Pokemon with immunity? Same goes for using SR (and other entry hazards I guess) on Magic Mirror Pokemon?

Basically does Mold Breaker affect non-attacking moves?

Been playing around with a Lum Resting Harvest Exeggute, and it seems that there's a bit more to it than first thought. Firstly, Harvest triggers at the end of the turn (I'm not sure if it's before/after sandstorm/hail damage, need to test there later). Secondly, there seems to be a certain success rate for the berry to be regenerated. Sometimes, upon LumResting, the berry regenerates immediately at the end of the turn. However, there are times where it activates after one or two turns. A little testing will shed light on what the percentage rate is.
This is an exceptionally old quote, but Harvest still has the percentage chance for immediate and subsequent regenerations unknown, as far as I can tell. I've heard from people with the game that the percentage seems to be 100% for instant regen in Sun, and is imperfect otherwise, however, so could this be tested too?

This might be easiest to test with Zuruzukin. If you KO a pokemon with Mummy while you still have Overconfidence will you get the +1 Attack boost or not?

can I ask a stupid (and likely answered) question?

what happens when a pokemon with Teravoltage/Turboblaze/Mold Breaker uses Toxic on a Pokemon with immunity? Same goes for using SR (and other entry hazards I guess) on Magic Mirror Pokemon?

Basically does Mold Breaker affect non-attacking moves?
Mold Breaker only affects abilities. Toxic will only work on whatever it would work on without Mold Breaker (except Magic Mirror, maybe).

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Micle Berry last generation when used made your next attack always hit. Is that the same for this generation?

Also, when the Micle Berry is thrown using the skill Fling, what is the effect that the pokemon that is hit by it? Is it raised accuracy one stage like it states on Serebii or the same, old effect?
Another thing: does Micle Berry affect OHKO moves? Bulbapedia says no but Smogon's page says yes.

I've been told that there are two experience formulas in Black and White; I've only compared one of my results with what the formula says it should give (Level 1 Dageki vs. Level 2 Minezumi). Perhaps I'm doing something wrong with the formula, but I always get 27 or 28 experience from it, while the game is clearly giving me 25.

I'd be willing to do more tests, though.

This might be easiest to test with Zuruzukin. If you KO a pokemon with Mummy while you still have Overconfidence will you get the +1 Attack boost or not?
You dont. Seriously this was frustrating as fuck in the pokemon league since Shikimi leads with Desukan. Crunch copied mummy into my croco, and after OHKOing, I wouldnt get an attack boost.

Does Mold Breaker bypass Telepathy?
If it allows non-damaging moves to bypass certain abilities, does it ignore Perversity?
How would it ignore perversity? You can't have 2 abilities in one poke.
Also, mold breaker "breaks" immunities granted by abilities (you can hit levitators with EQ, thunder wave against magic mirror, fire blast hits heatran for neutral damage, etc). There's nothing mold breaker ignores about perversity. However, if you explain what you meant Ill be glad to test it in-game.

Also, mold breaker "breaks" immunities granted by abilities (you can hit levitators with EQ, thunder wave against magic mirror, fire blast hits heatran for neutral damage, etc). There's nothing mold breaker ignores about perversity. However, if you explain what you meant Ill be glad to test it in-game.
Assume it ignores the opponent's perversity, so if a Mold Breaker pokemon uses Metal Sound the opponent gets -2 SpD, for example. Mold Breaker seems to ignore abilities that affect moves in many ways(so in addition to ignoring stuff like levitate, magic mirror and flash fire it ignores thick fat which only reduces damage, Sturdy, Flower Gift's SpD and attack boosts and even Dry Skin adding a small weakness to fire), and perversity makes stat changing moves change stats in a different way.

I assume he meant that Mold Breaker would ignore the stat reversals of Perversity from your moves (like you used Psychic on a Shuckle, it would still lower the special defense). But since the moves still work regardless, of course it wouldn't. (Probably)

Telepathy protects the user from attacks like Surf from its teammates in Doubles/Triples, so maybe it would see if your Mold Breaker guy using Earthquake would still hit your telepathy team member?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mold Breaker also ignores things like Solid Rock; anything that may diminish or nullify your moves gets ignored. Perversity is completely unrelated to that, so it's not ignored by Mold Breaker.

Seeing that Mold Breaker ignores Lightningrod in generation 4, when it doesn't affect the damage or success of a move but only its target, I think perversity should be tested. (However, it may only ignore the accuracy change made for electric moves.)

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is an exceptionally old quote, but Harvest still has the percentage chance for immediate and subsequent regenerations unknown, as far as I can tell. I've heard from people with the game that the percentage seems to be 100% for instant regen in Sun, and is imperfect otherwise, however, so could this be tested too?
Actually I've been meaning to post my findings on Harvest in the sun, but I haven't gotten around to it until now lol. It's pretty conclusive too. I used the Rest/Lum Berry set up I used in previous testing, and the berry regenerated EVERY TIME at the end of the turn 20 times in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)