B&W Research Thread

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Question:

In a Triple Battle, if someone uses Wish and then someone else uses "Move" or "Side Change" to replace the Wish user, without recalling anyone, who gets healed?

breh

強いだね
this is a rather tedious one but ok

if you have a pokemon that loses health, if it is regained with a potion WHLE IN BATTLE, does its happiness increase? If it is healed with multiple potions (if you're in a sandstorm, for example), will its happiness increase multpile times or only once? how does this affect the power of frustration and return in a battle with the miracle shooter?

realistically this only matters much for ingame tiers and miracle shooter but it's still important.

Helping Hand: does it stack in Triples?
Actually, yes. BadIntent and I had a max attack Metagross using a double Helping Hand boosted Meteor Mash on max HP max defense Steelix, which did 93 damage. With one Helping Hand the damage range would be 60-71 (and normal damage would be 40-48).

Are you sure it's not a 1.33x boost to special attack, rather than the move? This would make a difference of -.67 of a hit point.
It boosted Spark as well, so yeah.

Edit:
Postpone: Can it make a Pokemon that's using a neutral-priority move take their turn even after Focus Punch/Trick Room/etc.?
Postpone did make Haze go after Trick Room.

Does Clear Smog's effect (similar to haze) work through a Substitute, or if a Pokemon is immune?
The message saying that it returns the target's stats to neutral does not appear if Clear Smog hits a Substitute or a Steel-type Pokemon. So presumably no.

Also, this is about the extent of what I can easily test in the op without an emulator, so...it's been fun, guys. Thanks to Shii, mattj and BadIntent for helping me test over the past couple months.

if Intimidate lowers the attack of all the Pokemon in a Rotation Battle/Triple Battle? Even if it's not the active Pokemon in a rotation battle or if it's out of range for affecting a Pokemon in triples....

Jewels activate the turn Future Sight/Doom Desire do damage.
And yes, it increases the damage done.
Oh so if you use Doom Desire with Jirachi and then you send Espeon@Steel Jewel, when Doom Desire hits the foe, Espeon's Steel Jewel will be used up? Or does it use the target's Jewel?

Oh so if you use Doom Desire with Jirachi and then you send Espeon@Steel Jewel, when Doom Desire hits the foe, Espeon's Steel Jewel will be used up? Or does it use the target's Jewel?
It used neither when Espeon holding a Steel Jewel was on the field. Same thing goes for Future Sight and Psychic Jewel.

So the jewel is used only if the user of Doom Desire/Future sight has the appropriate jewel and stays on the field until the attack hits?

if Intimidate lowers the attack of all the Pokemon in a Rotation Battle/Triple Battle? Even if it's not the active Pokemon in a rotation battle or if it's out of range for affecting a Pokemon in triples....
No. In rotation battles, intimidate only hits the pokemon in the front.

For Eccentric, when it says, "It transforms you into the enemy in front of you--i.e. your opponent," does that mean the pokemon with the ability will transform only into the pokemon directly in front of it (i.e. if you send a Ditto out into the left side of the field in a double battle, will it copy only the pokemon on the left side of your opponent's field) or is it random like Trace? If it does only copy the pokemon directly in front of Ditto, which pokemon will it copy if, in a Triple battle, it is switched in on a U-Turn/Volt Change by the middle pokemon that results in the opposing middle pokemon's fainting given that there are still pokemon on the left and right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)