B&W Research Thread

When Zuruzukin (with the ability Overconfidence) OHKOs Desukan (with the ability Mummy) will Zuruzukin get the attack boost?
Not sure, but I don't think so. I think Mummy activates right on contact, so before the Desukan faints. That would mean that Zuruzukin lost Moxie before the Desukan faints. So I think it doesn't get the boost.

When Zuruzukin (with the ability Overconfidence) OHKOs Desukan (with the ability Mummy) will Zuruzukin get the attack boost?

EDIT: Also what happens if a burned Roobushin attacks a pokemon with Mummy. Will Roobushin do damage with the boost from Guts or will the damage be halved from Burn?
Mummy doesn't activate when koed. Also mummy activates after being hit, so roobushin will get the boost from guts.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Mummy will overwrite Moxie before Moxie activates.

This is tested in game:

Krookodile uses Crunch on Cofagrigus. It does enough damage to KO Cofagrigus.
Mummy activates and changes Krookodile's Moxie to Mummy.
Cofagrigus faints.
Krookodile does NOT get any boost.

This is tested in game:

Cofagrigus faints.
I'm pretty sure I posted this exact same example some pages ago, so I'll just second you.

This is tested in game:

Cofagrigus faints.
Behaves differently for me (video).

Are you using an english patched version, or does it behave differently in trainer battles?

Are you using an english patched version, or does it behave differently in trainer battles?
Im using an imported copy of pokemon black. OHKO'd Cofagrigus with critical hit crunch, mummy activates, overwrites my moxie. It dies, I get no attack boost.
I soft reset and proceed to spam earthquakes, kill it, and get my boost.

edit: I've only tested it with my Crookodile against Cofagrigus in the Pokemon League.

Well the games will be out soon (ROMs already are!) so we'll be able to test more smoothly!

Though, can you test it in the Darmanitan cave entrance to see if you have the same result as me? If not, either copy has a problem, if yes, Pokemon Black & White really behaves oddly on this.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus

Mummy does not activate if the Pokemon with Mummy is the last Pokemon on the team and it faints. Moxie will still active when KOing the last Pokemon on the opponent team. I'm using an imported official Japanese Pokemon Black so there are no patches that could interfere with things.

Edit: I tried another test against an in game trainer with Cofagrigus. I kept using Roar on it until Cofagrigus was the last Pokemon remaining on their team. I KO'd it with Krookodile using Crunch. Mummy did not active, Moxie did.

Thank you very much for the testing! When I was testing Desukan as a TR user for VGC this glitch has been giving me some trouble. Knowing that it isn't an actual game mechanic is very good to know.

Okay, so I'm new here, but I read up on the rules a bit and went over the OP. I noticed that it said how experience gain works hasn't been confirmed yet, so I was wondering if anyone has actually been working on it yet?

I've just started looking into it a few days ago, and I've begun collecting data for it, so I'd like to know if anyone has seen anything work yet, or if anyone would like to work with me to figure it out. Please and thanks.

Okay, so I'm new here, but I read up on the rules a bit and went over the OP. I noticed that it said how experience gain works hasn't been confirmed yet, so I was wondering if anyone has actually been working on it yet?

I've just started looking into it a few days ago, and I've begun collecting data for it, so I'd like to know if anyone has seen anything work yet, or if anyone would like to work with me to figure it out. Please and thanks.
Well it appears that there are conflicting results regarding the Expierence formula. Chieliee made a formula, however according to CPU this doesn't seem to be correct all the time.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does the Encourage + Life Orb / Red Card / Switch Button / Shell Bell mechanic still work in US/EU versions (oh god please say yes)?

I've begun testing the new Experience Formula (Formulas?) using a Level 1 Dageki, with the moves Brick Break, Toxic, Stone Edge, and Earthquake. Basically I abuse Sturdy, Toxic, and Potions to beat the weaker ones.

Here's what I've got thus far:

Minezumi (Base Experience: 51)
2- 25
3- 42
4- 64
5- 90
6- 117
7- 146

Yooterii (Base Experience: 55)
4- 70
5- 97
6- 126
7- 159

Choroneko (Base Experience: 56)
4- 70
5- 98

Also, according to Bulbapedia, this is the new formula:

a= 1.5 trainer multiplier, 1 otherwise
t= 1.5 domestic trainer multiplier, 1.7 international trainer multiplier, 1 otherwise
b= base experience yield
e= 1.5 Lucky Egg Multiplier, 1 otherwise
L= level of the fainted Pokémon (L subscript p is the Level of the Victorious Pokémon)
s= number of participating Pokémon in the battle, not fainted.

Unfortunately, they seem to be incorrect, just by going by my first bit of data:
Level 1 Dageki beating a Level 2 Minezumi:

(((1 x 1 x 51 x 1 x 2)/(5 x 1)) x ((2+2)/(1+2))) + 1, according to them, should yield 28 Experience; I only got 25.

This should be fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Bulbapedia has conflicting information on some of the Base Experience; it states that Blissey's is now 608, rather than 255, in Generation V. I'm certain that some of these values have changed from the 4th to 5th Generations, and I know that it can now be over 255 (see the Legendaries and Tabunne for examples). I'm trying to corroborate my information on Veekun, but I'm not sure if he's updated all of the new stuff for Generation V yet, since most people will still be playing Generation IV for a few more months.

Basically, can I get an independent, game-ripped listing of the Base Experience values, if at all possible?
I've arrived at the same conclusion after some number crunching and various trials of Minezumi and Yooterii vs wild Pokemon around Routes 1 and 2. The actual vs experimental results usually differ from 1 to 4 exp points for me.

I'm actually trying to come up with some alternate formulas that are a little different, because it seems that the error gets bigger as the level becomes larger, or something like that.

Thanks for your input!

Well it appears that there are conflicting results regarding the Expierence formula. Chieliee made a formula, however according to CPU this doesn't seem to be correct all the time.
I didn't make the formula. I saw it on Bulbapedia, and decided to test it. For me, it always worked. Maybe it has something to do with ROMs and patches and stuff. I have an English V7 patched Black ROM.

Couldn't find anything on this matter but...

Power/Guard Share does anyone know if the effects can be Baton Passed off? If they can how do they effect the recipient?

breh

強いだね
Ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but why is Synchronoise so... bad?

It must have some sort of advantage to using psychic, right?

Does it deal SE damage on same-types or something?

Ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but why is Synchronoise so... bad?

It must have some sort of advantage to using psychic, right?

Does it deal SE damage on same-types or something?
I think the real usage comes from the dual type and non-psychic users....in double/triple battles

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I think the real usage comes from the dual type and non-psychic users....in double/triple battles
Bout all I can think of. Which includes the following Pokemon evolution families that are not pure Psychic:

Hoothoot, Whismur, Kecleon, Chatot, Sigilyph, Psyduck, Eevee (except Umbreon).

Actually Psyduck could use Soak to change his opponent to Water type, then follow up with Synchronoise. It would be an interesting tactic, but a very gimmicky one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)