BH Balanced Hackmons Old Gens Hub

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Here is a team that made it through the selection ranks to become apart of the BH OP of Generation 7 Sample Teams:

OM!: No Guard M2Y + Regen Muk Balance

Muk-A is a low key MVP for the team, serving as an alternative to Magic Bounce Registeel, while still sporting an immunity to Poison Fang. The advantages include less weaknesses, and it can absorb Toxic Spikes from the opponent; STAB Knock Off off of decent Atk is another plus.

5C844F2D-00F9-4B6A-ABA5-E18E2665AA21.jpeg

Next time you plan to bring your A-Team, bring this S-Team instead ;)

This team was special to me because I got to make it with a bit of help from Chessking345 who, at the time, was not always my biggest fan, but this experience showed me he cared and I felt a strong sense of empowerment. :)

Overall, I am happy with how it turned out, plus it was a good memory to think of mixing standard sets with creativity! Putting together my idea of Magic Bounce Muk-Alolan to check Gengar-Mega, and his idea of Magic Guard MMY to sweep, I hope it serves you well as a self-sufficient team that perfectly checks Imposter, and so much more!

Keep it Balanced!

#TheOM!Days

Last edited:
Here's a team I made which has so many problems idek where to start, but I keep using it bc i forget and the team preview looks cool. Hopefully i haven't already posted this somewhere.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch

Since mray got banned this is actually really good. Volt switch is a cool idea i stole from sl42 or stresh or someone and it's pretty cool for chipping pogre etc. Just pair it with a team that isn't made up of 5 momentum sinks and you're fine. This set is good it's just kinda let down by the whole no hazard control and no partner.

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Metal Burst

I've forgotten why it has these moves but it does the job most of the time. Really wants core or rapid spin or both.

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Nuzzle
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

Kinda suffers from losing to the same stuff as zardy, but if u can wear the right mon down then it can work out.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Toxic
- Entrainment
- Shore Up

Pretty cool it gets running, but kinda has the problem where they just switch all day if they have the right PH mons.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Strength Sap
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute

This is a set where I had some insanely OP tech I wanted to use, but then ran out of moves to actually use it so I was left with this.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Spikes

you know the drill

Overall the problem with the team is most of the mons are just really good at not losing while they don't really achieve anything which makes for annoying games. A lot of these mons would be 100x better if the team had spikes.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Here's a team I made which has so many problems idek where to start, but I keep using it bc i forget and the team preview looks cool. Hopefully i haven't already posted this somewhere.

Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch

Since mray got banned this is actually really good. Volt switch is a cool idea i stole from sl42 or stresh or someone and it's pretty cool for chipping pogre etc. Just pair it with a team that isn't made up of 5 momentum sinks and you're fine. This set is good it's just kinda let down by the whole no hazard control and no partner.

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Metal Burst

I've forgotten why it has these moves but it does the job most of the time. Really wants core or rapid spin or both.

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Nuzzle
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

Kinda suffers from losing to the same stuff as zardy, but if u can wear the right mon down then it can work out.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Toxic
- Entrainment
- Shore Up

Pretty cool it gets running, but kinda has the problem where they just switch all day if they have the right PH mons.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Strength Sap
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute

This is a set where I had some insanely OP tech I wanted to use, but then ran out of moves to actually use it so I was left with this.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Spikes

you know the drill

Overall the problem with the team is most of the mons are just really good at not losing while they don't really achieve anything which makes for annoying games. A lot of these mons would be 100x better if the team had spikes.
I like your Charizard-Mega-Y set. You may want to give Charizard an odd HP though, since it eliminates death from 2 SR switches if you are forced out.

Have you considered Thundurous? Faster to troll base 100s, STAB Electric, doesn’t have as much of a SR weakness, and can use Parabolic Charge for 1-shorting Kyogre-P off of Tail Glow?

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Parabolic Charge

+3 252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Parabolic Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 421-499 (104.2 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pairs nicely with:

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Dazzling
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Stealth Rock / Defog

A good Improof is Dazzling Gengar-Mega, who can come in and set up on Imposter, who in-turn, is also same-set-self-Improof, acts as a nice Spin Blocker, Shedinja switch-in, and Toxic Spikes absorber as well. As a Spin blocker, it could set up hazards, or since you mentioned needing a hazards remover, Defog them as it’s fourth move. What sets Gengar-Mega apart, is the fact that even if Shedinja has Soak + Extreme Speed, or Shadow Sneak, Shedinja cannot hit it with priority moves, only U-Turn, or rarely Spectral Thief.

P.S. For Groudon, I would suggest Electric Terrain, since you can bluff Bolt Strike, and scare out Anchor Shot Flash Fire Celesteela, plus since you are not using Sleep, it will only help you.

I would swap to put Nuzzle on Zygarde-Complete and Knock Off on Kyogre-Primal, since you want Imposter’s Knock Off on something that can afford to lose its item - PHealers.

Honestly, with Toxic on Groudon, and Scald on Kyogre-P, you could probably just give Zygarde-Complete a non-status move, over Nuzzle: You mentioned wanting to fit Core Enforcer, or Rapid Spin, I would suggest Rapid Spin since you have Entrainment on Groudon, and can let Gengar-Mega use it’s fourth slot for a hazard.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Ability: Volt Absorb
hello based department?

anyway I thought building with chary was fairly interesting so I rebuilt the team to have more offensive presence and opportunities for momentum.
:charizard-mega-y:
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch
Original set.

:zygarde-complete:
WORST MON ON TEAM (Zygarde-Complete) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

I didn't see Knock Off or Rapid Spin to be that useful so I removed them for Core Enforcer and Rapid Spin. 36 Spe IVs maximize its Speed after Spectral Thief while still underspeeding base 90.

:xerneas:
Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Thousand Arrows
- Knock Off / Strength Sap
- Spikes / Strength Sap

Since on the original team Imposter can just constantly switch into Zygarde-Complete, I added a pretty solid improof. It might want recovery idk, KOff ensures Shedinja doesn't just wall the team to hell and back.

:scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike
- Recover
- First Impression / Entrainment / Defog

Scizor improofs Xerneas while adding an Ice resist so you don't instalose to KyuW. First Impression beats MMY but Entrainment puts far more pressure on Regigigas and Kyogre. Defog works too if you don't like passive af mons being the only hazard control.

:kyogre-primal:
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power / Knock Off / Nuzzle / Spiky Shield
- Ice Beam / Stealth Rock
- Quiver Dance

Secondary Ice resist and pretty potent setup sweeper (only really struggles vs other Water types). If you don't need to hit PDon you could go for KOff or Nuzzle or Spiky Shield.

:slowbro-mega:
Slowbro-Mega @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Haze
- Slack Off
- Destiny Bond

Slowbro-Mega is a good check to MMX, KyuB, and setup PDons. Your original team lacked a Prankster mon and Imposter as the setup control is just kinda kringe so here's the setup control.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
hello based department?

anyway I thought building with chary was fairly interesting so I rebuilt the team to have more offensive presence and opportunities for momentum.
:charizard-mega-y:
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch
Original set.

:zygarde-complete:
WORST MON ON TEAM (Zygarde-Complete) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

I didn't see Knock Off or Rapid Spin to be that useful so I removed them for Core Enforcer and Rapid Spin. 36 Spe IVs maximize its Speed after Spectral Thief while still underspeeding base 90.

:xerneas:
Xerneas @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Thousand Arrows
- Knock Off / Strength Sap
- Spikes / Strength Sap

Since on the original team Imposter can just constantly switch into Zygarde-Complete, I added a pretty solid improof. It might want recovery idk, KOff ensures Shedinja doesn't just wall the team to hell and back.

:scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Steelium Z
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike
- Recover
- First Impression / Entrainment / Defog

Scizor improofs Xerneas while adding an Ice resist so you don't instalose to KyuW. First Impression beats MMY but Entrainment puts far more pressure on Regigigas and Kyogre. Defog works too if you don't like passive af mons being the only hazard control.

:kyogre-primal:
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power / Knock Off / Nuzzle / Spiky Shield
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance

Secondary Ice resist and pretty potent setup sweeper (only really struggles vs other Water types). If you don't need to hit PDon you could go for KOff or Nuzzle or Spiky Shield.

:slowbro-mega:
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Slack Off
- Destiny Bond

Slowbro-Mega is a good check to MMX, KyuB, and setup PDons. Your original team lacked a Prankster mon and Imposter as the setup control is just kinda kringe so here's the setup control.
Thank you, I corrected it to Triage.

The team builder added the default original ability, but the concept was accurate.

Maybe I should just post my team edit to his post as well: it is easier to visualize the strategies I was trying to convey.

Edit: Not my best, but serves its purpose in Imposterproofing and checking many of the common threats, while allowing strong set up sweeps..
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Parabolic Charge
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword

Hits Kyogre, Ho-Oh, and Celesteela extremely hard for a KO, and pairs perfectly well with Dazzling Gengar-Mega because if Imposter comes in, it permits a free turn for Gengar-Mega to set up

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Dazzling
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Stealth Rock

Drop rocks or set-up, keeping the pressure on. Imposterproof, and solid Rapid Spinn block, Shedinja check, and Toxic Spikes absorber all in one. Solidly also handles priority from Kyurem-B, etc.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Thousand Waves
- Recover
- Spectral Thief

Handles Normalize Gengar-Mega, traps Imposter, breaks Poison Heal via Core Enforcer for Slaking/Regigigas, and can serve as a soft check to Spikes/Lovely Kiss PH Xerneas. Letting Quiver Dance becomes its own boosts. Trap, remove ability, boosts, and bounce back non-attacks.

Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Spectral Thief
- Roost
- Sticky Web

Checks MMX, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Kyurem-B, etc. and sets up Sticky Web while spreading Burns.

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Revelation Dance
- Nuzzle
- Rapid Spin

Great spinner which handles Normalize Gengar-Mega, paralyzes foes, and stays healthy while functioning as a fairly slow pivot.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- Metal Burst
- Parting Shot

Mostly for Sheer Force MMY, but also to serve as a last resort against SpA breakers like Kyurem-W.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
cool kid sets (uncool kids not allowed)

:sm/xerneas:
NATUREMAN (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Counter
- Spikes

ran this with mg sunsteel diancie. basic idea of it is you discourage anchor thru the use of counter, so you can just go diancie on any other forms of counterplay they may have. its not super efficient and can get overwhelmed by faster threats/ogre, but its a pretty cool core.

:sm/gengar-mega:
undertale isnt funny (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Seed Flare
- Will-O-Wisp

im a big fan of wisp gar in general, and this set takes that a bit further by introducing sheer force icebeam and seed flare, two extremely cool moves that cut down the typical gar answers without sacrificing too much functionality. im pretty sure you beat imposter from full too which is nice

:sm/giratina-origin:
BASED? BASED ON WHAT? (Giratina-Origin) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Taunt
- Extreme Speed
- Beat Up

this is really stupid the idea is to shadowforce turn 1 vs hyper offense and autowin with unburden + taunt. beat up is for like sash gar or something. u obv lose to everything else, rest of the team can ideally fix that

:sm/mewtwo-mega-x:
Expansion of Blockade (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes
- Light Screen

very solid set, used this on a team that didn't really appreciate it but could see it performing very well on some faster builds. lum + wisp to scout bounce is so nice to have, and a decently consistent fighting move with no def drops is really neat. light screens for like ogre and gar and stuff i dont really know.

:sm/giratina-origin:
AKUMA STREET FIGHTER (Giratina-Origin) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Final Gambit
- Dragon Rush
- Sunsteel Strike

absolutely demonic. you lead with this and get at least 1 kill (possibly several) every time. even imposter gets parad and potentially rushed down. +speed final gambit outright removes everything except zygc/ghosts from full (you outspeed xern/yveltal). sunsteels primarily for shed but also kills diancie on the switch. still not sure what the ideal team for this is but its just terrifying.

:point_left::joy: WHITE (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Glare
- Substitute
- Light of Ruin

this prob isnt the best set for it cause light of ruin just means you die way too quickly, but sub+glare is really scary on fast mons like gar. you can get up a sub on obv switch to funni dark type then fish for paras and win instantly. probably more effective on more spammy teams

:sm/kyurem-black:
First Impact (Kyurem-Black) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- V-create
- Spikes
- Bolt Strike

roseli and lum are passable alternatives. so basically, you autowin vs passive, and cant really be walled by anything. rest of the team should be taking care of xern/regi type builds cause theyre what give this a headache by reducing its overall efficiency. not sure if this is quite as good as it looks but its served me alright so far.

:sm/diancie::sm/lapras::sm/abomasnow-mega:
AAGNECYS FINEST (Diancie) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Brave Nature
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Worry Seed
- Head Smash

MYSTERY DUNGEON HELL (Lapras) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Purify
- Knock Off

obam (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam
- Baneful Bunker

id never run hazardless in 2020 bh, but on archetypes that have less aggressive hazard setters these are great to limit shed. head smash ohkos yveltal so u beat triage. lapras is more of a passive anti-ph wall, diancie is a pivot, aboma is a (surprisingly good) ctc's uncle-esque abomination that sits there throwing out seeds and ice beams. wood hammer>spin is a viable option if youre struggling with ogre.

:sm/charizard-mega-x:
im dragon (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
Naughty Nature
- Growth
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Stealth Rock

walled by ff steels and absolutely nothing else, shed/imposter are a bit annoying. desolate land growth is just really funny lol how can you not laugh at it. smash is prob better but i dont really care

:sm/lugia:
j (Lugia) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spectral Thief

dual screens is kinda cool especially when you can prank taunt every lead. this has more durability than zeraora but it has some added weaknesses like bounce defog, needing 2 turns to set up, trapping (kinda), and shed. at least you resist the ultimate moves psychic fangs and brick break.

:sm/xerneas:
End of Midsummer (Xerneas) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Hasty Nature
- Sticky Web
- Boomburst
- Explosion
- Bolt Strike

bolt strike/webs slots can be customized a lot. anyway, explosion + boomburst pix xern is very solid on really fast teams cause you can boomburst everyone and explode for a bit of extra power. if played/positioned well you can get a lot out of this mon.

:sm/arceus-ice:
Growth in Sand (Arceus-Ice) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Poison Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash

growth in sand. foundation of the legendary "crackhead offense" archetype alongside its partner in crime Robots (2005). the moves are just to flail around and not get walled (steels wall it but steels are for losers and we are winners here). rocks are to force defog, allowing you to switch to a better pokemon and make your experience with growth in sand worthwhile. i dont think i can do this anymore this is just such a funny set

:sm/mimikyu-totem:
BIG MAN ON CAMPUS (Mimikyu-Totem) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Worry Seed
- Recover
- Scald

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS POKEMON USED ON 100% OF VIABLE STALL TEAMS (if you want to win with stall use him)

:sm/dialga:
Robots (2005) (Dialga) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp

how does he do so much every game its not even fair. sometimes i lead with this and wisp the mmx turn 1 then come back and trick someone later. immaculate uturn switchin. beats imposter even if they give you scarf cause you live 5 anchors + struggles (70-82%, you only take 3 struggles cause youre spamming anchor which kills).

:sm/zekrom:
Ben Shapiro (Zekrom) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Icicle Crash

the team this is on is called "ben shapiro levitates over the dnc"

he improofs pblades/wisp pdon or something i dont know

:sm/kyogre-primal:
Honest Man's Death (Kyogre-Primal) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Origin Pulse
- Taunt

this guys really cool, hard to position (watch out for regen, xern moonblast drops, and bounce walls) but if done well its incredibly hard to deal with. taunt dismantles attempts to wall u out with prank, wisp is good vs everyone and stops physical counterplay from functioning, origin pulse kills things (has 16 pp, not 8 like steam eruption). run this with hazards and a good spinblocker and dont lose to regen thats pretty much it

:sm/scizor-mega:
CIRCUMSCIZOR (Scizor-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- V-create
- First Impression

kinda loses to gira/zyg but in different ways. zyg takes everything you have easily but dislikes uturn, gira takes uturn but can get chipped into sunsteel 2hko range (watch out for prank). keep this in mind when building with this. first impression is super strong and can very easily kill guys like ogre and mmx.

:sm/scizor-mega:
EXERSCIZOR (Scizor-Mega) @ Insect Plate
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- First Impression
- Megahorn
- Roost

after using this go to the gym and show everyone the (mental) gains you get from playing pokemon!!!!!!

insect plate megahorn is actually a work of art its SO GOOD its like cb first impression but you dont have to switch out!! watch out for gira/zyg/steels as usual but this guy plows thru everything else

:sm/zygarde-complete:
DRUGS ARENT COOL (Zygarde-Complete) @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Earth Power
- Glare
- Venoshock

i dont remember why i made this

:sm/landorus-therian:
smogon (laugh now) (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Ice Hammer
- Recover
- Entrainment

this was on the deo-n team, known in my builder only as "desolation". this is the only surviving record of the team. the deoxys was volt absorb. i miss him sometimes.

:sm/dialga:
Robots (2005) (Dialga) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Magic Coat
- Spikes
- Recover

crackhead offense original. sash is to beat smash users cause i have no prank, magic coat is if they use hazards or something idk. core>draco is a very feasible option here.

:sm/kyogre-primal:
Earthworm Jim (Kyogre-Primal) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Revelation Dance
- Ice Beam
- Strength Sap

moldy ogre is actually super cool, 95% of the time ppl dont use waters as the hazard removal so you can pretty much guarantee rocks. sap also helps you counter the volcano man which is suuuper nice. solid anti meta set.

:sm/dhelmise:
42000 Other Metagames Premier Leagues Under The Sea (Dhelmise) @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike

i have used this twice. basically, it beats ogre and shed and uturns on everything else. very slow mons like slowbro and sab typically cant stand up to multiple power whips. you need sturdy imposter proofing typically in the form of vcreate or something; firm control of the hazard game is necessary as well. this set definitely is something to think about.

:sm/yveltal:
RATS BIRTHDAY MIXTAPE (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1119589484

you are mg yveltal. you are free from the despair of the metagame and the perils of chip damage. neither the fleet of foot genetic horrors nor the dragon from the alternate reality can scare you now. go forth and spin away all the troubles of the world. don't lose to shed. and most importantly, have fun.

other cool mons not notable enough: recover triage yveltal, refrigerate lapras, unaware diamond storm/nuzzle hooh, cb tough claws yveltal, mg head smash/psycho shift hooh

i hope you enjoyed this is a certified Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) [Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons for Nintendo 3DS Post

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm here to share the new (and some improved) teams that I made/tweaked for the USUM BH Classic. I have a ton of Gen 7 BH teams already but I wanted to use this tournament as a chance to get back into building for this metagame. I tried to go out of my norm in building, see Spooky Plate / Shed Shell Imposter Blissey and Shell Smash Zekrom, but also you can see that I stuck to my roots with mons like MMX, MMY, Yveltal, and Xerneas making lots of appearances. I didn't include every team from each round because some I re-used and others were unchanged from my previous team dump, like the MMY spam team that won a game in the finals. It was a lot of fun playing this meta again though and I hope you enjoy the teams.
Round 1
:mewtwo-mega-x::zygarde-complete::xerneas::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::sableye-mega:
Low Kick Scrappy MMX inspired this team. I always love Scrappy MMX but didn't want to be stuck with a band and limited PP so I decided to go with Low Kick and Rocks and improofed it with Bounce Zygarde. I hopped on the Pixilate Xern train for hazard control and tossed in RegenVest Dusk Mane to improof it and Knock Off Imposter since it is otherwise Imposter bait. I'd never tried offensive PH Yveltal before and thought Taunt would be a good move for it. Sableye is just kinda sitting there.
:zekrom::xerneas::blissey::groudon-primal::yveltal::registeel:
I built this team around two mixed smashers, Zekrom and Groudon, and two hard improofs, Volt Absorb Xerneas and Flash Fire Yveltal. Shed Shell Imposter and Anchor Entrain Registeel fill in the rest. Nothing too special about this other than smash is ridiculous and Rev Dance Pdon is a funny thing to see.
Round 2
:yveltal::magearna::groudon-primal::zygarde-complete::mewtwo-mega-y::gengar-mega:
This is just my last RMT, the GOAT, but with Moldy Pursuit Gengar instead of Prank Bond Tina. I fixed it in the paste, but I forgot to put a fourth move on Yveltal for the actual battle. Didn't matter in the end though since it was walled by a PH Ttar.
:mewtwo-mega-x::xerneas::steelix-mega::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::yveltal:
I built this for Round 1 but didn't get to use it, and you can see the similarities to those teams as I have LO MMX, Xerneas, Zygarde, and Yveltal being used again. They are all playing very different roles though, which is cool. LO Claws MMX sounded like a decent idea to get out of the choice lock and I had been playing around with Discharge Xern lately to get some para hax. Xern improofs MMX while Bounce Steelix improofs Sap Xern. Zygarde is standard Prankster and Yveltal adds to the para hax factor to Nuzzle Imposters and such. I realized I didn't have any hazard removal so I got the bright idea to use RegenSpin Gengar.
Round 3
:gengar-mega::yveltal::mewtwo-mega-x::registeel::audino-mega::giratina:
This is a tweak of a really old team that used Dazzling Choice Band Mega Lucario and I literally just changed it to MMX and slightly changed the moves, like Sunsteel to Photon. Taunt + Acid Spray on Adapt Gengar really can put in some work though.
Semi-finals
:blissey::mewtwo-mega-y::zygarde-complete::greninja-ash::giratina::arceus-ground:
I built this in ten minutes right before my semis game against GL Volkner and didn't have time to test it out beforehand. You can tell because I'm running Prank Tina with no form of recovery lol but it actually got the job done. I was anticipating Gengar usage, whether it be Lightning Rod or two to three of them, so I went with Spooky Plate Blissey and a MMY as counter-play. This MMY set is actually pretty annoying as people aren't using goggles as much lately and it is good at getting rocks up and nailing Ho-Oh and Kyogre. PH Zygarde improofs it, kinda, once you get the orb activated and can Glare the Imposter. I had heard some talk of Ash-Gren being underrated in this meta so I decided to try out SF LO but included Sucker Punch for MMY in a pinch. I was pretty underwhelmed by this set but I do think it is a cool idea still. The RegenVest Arceus idea is stolen from dimrah and it is an underused mon with some nice bulk that can also help against Gengar with Revelation Dance.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
team dump time

round 1 vs abriel gabram
:groudon::scizor-mega::xerneas::yveltal::heatran::kyogre-primal:
unfunny volcano man team, it aims to stack hazards and play the long con with xerneas and yveltal. I had a pretty bad matchup cause he brought mbounce registeel, but I also think the team could use better walls or more speed, not sure which.

:xerneas::zekrom::regigigas::scizor-mega::giratina::yveltal:
webs is cool, sf zekrom is cooler, defiant regigigas is incredible absolutely phenomenal. I couldn't set up webs cause of pixilate mag but zekrom kind of destroyed everything anyway.

:gengar-mega::gengar-mega::zekrom::charizard-mega-y::rayquaza::xerneas:
plate spam ho. I figured that based on the previous two games abriel wasn't going to bring imp so I brought this and it just kinda went ham on his team.

round 2 vs pyroshi
:mewtwo-mega-y::yveltal::magearna::groudon-primal::xerneas::zygarde-complete:
mr TRIPLE THREAT. an actually tested team on ladder, I felt like it would be good to start off with. Ice Beam Yveltal is real, he can and will hurt you

:lunala::yveltal::arceus::scizor-mega::giratina::xerneas:
somewhat a predecessor to UNFUNNY VOLCANO MAN, it has a very similar structure with an offensive support + mg yveltal + offensive utility ph. problem is it instaloses to diancie so lol

:tyranitar-mega::magearna::giratina::arceus::xerneas::ho-oh:
mg ttar team (it's pretty good). I had a good matchup with fc mag against ttar and regenvest hooh against diancie so although ttar struggled against registeel i could just stall out the defensive core for the eventual w.

round 3 vs chessking
n/a

semifinals vs cityscapes
:gengar-mega::salamence-mega::tyranitar-mega::xerneas::ho-oh::metagross-mega:
all the previous teams were made way before the classic tour so against sl i resolved to build new teams. I thought toxic normalize gengar sounded pretty cool and I wanted to make more offensive teams so this is what came out of it. mg hooh was the star this game it kind of 2hkod everything except probably cress which got exploded

:kartana::giratina::lugia::mewtwo-mega-y::yveltal::heatran:
behold, funny cut man. unfortunately sl brought suicune so it couldn't do anything, should've seen that coming

:zekrom::mewtwo-mega-x::xerneas::yveltal::volcanion::steelix-mega:
hax generator team. the team is good probably but its also unethical which is why i used it last game. shouldn't have won this one and maybe shouldn't have brought this one cause i didn't notice that sl brought suicune in all three games like the goddamn madman he is

finals vs aesf
:regice::doublade::yveltal::xerneas::slowbro-mega::blissey:
i edited this hail stall team specifically to cteam offense but then he brought balance so rip

:mewtwo-mega-x::darmanitan-zen::arceus::yveltal::xerneas::chansey:
return of big dong man (forma de no shed). i kind of instalost the moment i sacked darm zen to diamond storm (in retrospect i should have looked at sugarhigh's team)

tldr it was fun playing this tour, i probably use scizor too much, there's a lot more i can explore in teambuilding

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
As a contributor myself I have to just pat myself on the back, the same way in which a woman pats makeup on her face before a photo shoot.

Now, for those Unaware, be aware that my sets are quite the potent trend of creatively effective. It’s a set that may not make sense on paper, but it is in their execution that is their strongest suit... You have been prepped.

Le L’Oréal (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Misty Terrain
Relaxed / Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Shore Up
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail / Circle Throw / Whirlwind

Dragon Tail is to force out Giratina, Circle Throw is to force out Fairies, since you block their Toxic Orb.

Speaking of, this set serves as an excellent lead, providing you with ample turns to Knock Off on inactivated Toxic Orbs, and reduce your vulnerability to any status in the process. Since base Gyarados is a Flying-type, you are still going to attract some status under Misty Terrain. That is, until you Mega Evolve and gain a new Dark-typing, as well as a new immunity to Status moves, as well as a reduction in Dragon damage (offensively and Defensively).

I opted for offensive phazing moves due to Taunt, and to not fear Magic Bounce after Core Enforcer, although Whirlwind can be used for Substitute, and if you play conservatively against Core Enforcer (I.e. dodging the effects with Whirlwind).

Spikes works great since Gyarados is surprisingly bulky, in part, due to its typing. Overall, a nice set that can effectively change typing, ability, and stats on a whim, while serving as a short-term answer to preventing PHealers and other status abuse.
——————

Lead (Pheromosa) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Tough Claws
Relaxed / Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Close Combat
- V-Create

Leading the team is what Pheromosa does best, scouting for switches via U-Turn, and by virtue of outspeeding the Metagame, removing items from Pokemon before they can use them. Don’t mess with the feminine ace, that sets the pace, and wins the race in first place!

With Stealth Rocks, and many times without, Pheromosa 1HKOs Necrozma Dusk-Mane, Registeel, MMY, Sceptile-Mega, Gengar-Mega, Arceus, etc. and makes a powerful lead.
252 Atk Expert Belt Tough Claws Pheromosa Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 446-526 (100.4 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Expert Belt Tough Claws Pheromosa V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo: 480-566 (100.4 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Expert Belt Tough Claws Pheromosa U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Sceptile-Mega: 353-418 (102.6 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Using Tough Claws and Expert Belt works great thanks to the neutrality to Stealth Rocks, which, unlike Beedrill-Mega, Aerodactyl-Mega, etc. allows it to come in repeatedly to threaten the opponent before pivoting with U-Turn.

Having Close Combat and V-Create lets it handle a combination of Pokemon like Dialga, Celesteela, and Necrozma Dusk-Mane while Knock Off handles Pokemon like Gengar-Mega and serves utility for removing items from Pokemon like Toxic Orb on Poison Healers that think they can switch in, such as Xerneas, or Assault Vest Regenator Pokemon.

V-Create also serves as a punishment for Imposter coming in on the switch, 1HKOing it, after Stealth Rocks.

Pheromosa is seen as lacking offensive prowess, and as a generic fast pivot, but when the opponent sees how many 1HKOs it can score without a Choice Band, it becomes clear many can’t handle a dose a Pheromosa!

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.

ARCEUS
SERIES

multitype arceus is an extremely underrated threat and one that absolutely necessitates more exploration in the modern sm bh metagame. up until now, it's mostly been used only as a niche wall to imposter-proof certain threats. thanks to effectively having no item or ability slot, arceus is simply unable to fit into roles such as poison heal or prankster and as such is a much harder mon to just splash on. this pokemon really is extremely cool though and i want to talk about him.

arceus operates in the same space as primal groudon, a mon that falls apart with poor positioning but can just stand in the face of things and make progress without being easy to force out. berry refers to them as "bigs" in their post here. compared to pdon, arc severely lacks power but somewhat makes up for it with speed, spdef, and most importantly flexibility. pdon is just one pokemon while arc can be any of 17 depending on what your team wants.

arceus has a lot of cool traits and some uncool traits as well. its great spdef, unexploitable typing, and good speed tier make it a great check to threatening special attackers like mmy, gar (neutral judgment never 2hkos after a spike), and diancie. z-moves offer a much-needed burst of power that can make arceus a bit more annoying to handle defensively. even imposter was less annoying to handle than i thought initially. that said, something weird about arceus is that it absolutely has to make progress to be worth running. passive arc sets simply do not work, you get spiked on and lose very quickly, and defog arc is just a joke. also, ph mmx of all things can be troublesome, because neutral low kick is doing a ton and it can be hard to chip down.

setup arc can kinda work, sometimes. only on the ones with better offensive stab though, if you dont have good offensive stab you cant fit recovery which sucks

here's a rough arc form tier list (i used type items here cause theyre easier to tell apart plus i like them):

s (very solid, should def be on vr): :metal coat:
a (pretty cool, put in work): :hard stone::soft sand::poison barb::pixie plate::black glasses::black belt::spell tag:
b (silly sometimes, solid other times): :charcoal::sharp beak::magnet::mystic water::dragon fang:
c (pretty silly, good in theory but not in practice): :never-melt ice::miracle seed::twisted spoon::silver powder:

s rank
:xy/arceus-steel:
The Room (2003) (Arceus-Fairy) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Multitype
Timid Nature
- Shore Up
- Doom Desire
- Spectral Thief / Topsy-Turvy
- Anchor Shot

ONLY GOOD STEEL IN THE METAGAME. hard counters all non setup diancies cause you switch in on anything and can just kill them. also hard counters xern apart from nuzzle or spikes on the switch. beats every triage oblivion wing user cause youre faster, you resist oblivion wing, and thundurus is too weak to kill you. doom desire is what helps this make progress, or at least limit the opponent's progress, and it's also really strong with zmove. don't use this vs mmy but it beats gar easily. i think this should be at least c on the bh vr.

a rank
:xy/arceus-rock:
Broken Man (Arceus-Electric) @ Stone Plate
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

pretty neat booster. beats standard xern + pdon which is always great. destroys triage unless theyre giga drain. you also beat imposter and shed, and guys like mmx/kart just get wisped and cannot kill you. even ph normals lose 1v1 unless they get to spectral your boosts. overall there is just not that much non-passive counterplay to this pokemon so it can put opponents in a really tough spot and let you get good progress for a comparatively very low price.

:xy/arceus-ground:
Xylophone Track (Arceus-Ghost) @ Groundium Z
Hasty Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Pain Split

dont laugh!!! this guy is cool, he subs up and is bulky so you get to spam arrows much more than any other ground would. fat mons cant kill you cause of split and can even be at risk of ice beam freezes (esp gira). zmove is excellent here to get that extra damage in vs guys like xern. be prepped for the usual suspects (regenvest, shed, kyuw) and don't give ph users an easy time, and the game will simply give you wins. other options like waves, pblades, and judgment, likely with a completely revamped set, may be worth consideration as well.

:xy/arceus-poison:
wine & revolution (Arceus-Fairy) @ Poisonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Sacred Fire
- Taunt
- Recover

absolutely absurd pokemon offensively. if you arent unlucky you will poison the gira, the pdon, the bro. taunt absolutely ruins passive pokemon (including ff steels/ph gira, which are pretty much the only guys who can hard counter this). imposter is getting burned. shed isnt coming in. ph normals are a pain but z gunk helps to an extent (does 50 to opposing arc). really the big issue with this set is needing another guy for gar and triage. still an incredible mon though

:xy/arceus-fairy:
PINGAS (Arceus-Fairy) @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Tail Glow
- Strength Sap

when i was building the arceus teams, i was under the impression that fairy was by far the least viable arceus. xern was just too similar to it to justify the lost ability slot. then Chazm introduced me to this set. running fairyceus over xern here is actually really cool cause of the extra speed, getting the drop on ph normals without the need for speed boost. even though youre still slower than stuff like mmy, youre fairyceus so theyll have a really hard time actually killing you. she imposter proofed with bounce hooh.

:xy/arceus-dark:
THE SHADOW REALM (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Serious Nature
- Judgment
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Recover

pretty cool mon. judgment means you spin on all ghosts bar regenvest gira, weird sabs, and shed. has a great matchup vs mmy (you always live 1 mg light of ruin from full) and an even better one vs gar. even if you get chipped you can sucker them for a ton. it is rather passive and easily walled by any dark resist though, so youll want a solid ph xern answer and something to prevent gear from coming in everywhere. also fun fact, some of the arc forms actually want to run neutral natures

:xy/arceus-fighting:
Arceus-Dragon @ Fist Plate
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off / Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot / Sunsteel Strike
- Shore Up

you have low kick. this beats pretty much everything except fairies, meaning it goes extremely well with the above steelceus (you can even get funny with doom desire + partner that beats fat dragons). knock is very useful for av, pads, and shed shell. defensive utility is notably less than some other arcs though, you hard lose to triage and the mewtwos can be trouble. still beats unviable mon gar though LOOOOOL

Star Monster (Arceus-Flying) @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swagger
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Low Kick

star monster. i actually think this set is better than the tg judgment one, that gets walled by everything that walls gar (plus cant run moongeist :messi:) while this is harder to consistently stop especially with swagger in the mix. even against opposing spectral users, you can take the hit cause youre arceus and just overpower them. defensive utility is solid, modest zardy only ohkos on max roll and you do extremely well vs mmx/mmy while also handling fairies just fine.

b rank
:xy/arceus-fire:
Flying Phoenix (Arceus-Flying) @ Flame Plate
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Power Whip
- Ice Hammer
- Recover

think of this as a much weaker pdon with more speed and spdef. basically something you use when you dont wanna get owned by ates. you actually run flame plate with vcreate cause its super strong (zmove not dropping speed/defenses is nice, but as arc you want all the power you can get). i ran another fireceus later with magma/icebeam/rocks, but vcreate as well as 3 move coverage is miles better to ensure you dont just get stopped in your tracks. i'd say this is the worst of the 3 fairy resist arcs due to offensive and defensive inconsistency, but it's not terrible.

:xy/arceus-electric:
JELLYFISH MAN (Arceus-Fairy) @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Recover

very memey set (you can probably run thunder>zap cannon) but the mon can work. defensively youre weak to ground which is a huge pain, but you arent weak to anything else so you can just zap cannon all the fast offensive guys. triage resist is also stellar on this. youre running tailglow so naturally this mons gonna be either hyper efficient or worthless, zap cannon can help you do things even when you should be worthless though. blizzard gets the ohko on gira after rocks at +3 (you can para regenvest!!!!!). annoying to imposter proof, run shed or pdon or something

:xy/arceus-water:
Cactus (Arceus-Fairy) @ Splash Plate
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

waterceus runs into the same issue as fairyceus in that it has a hard time distinguishing itself from a popular mon, in this case ogre. unfortunately arc has a tough time leveraging its superior physical bulk cause taking physical hits doesnt really work when youre arceus, so instead this guy just boosts up and tries to win the game. coverage is good and steam eruption can beat shed, but you pretty much have to sack in front of +3 imposter unless you have entei (who i should use). this guy is alright if you want an ogre without recovery, maybe hes better with entei idk.

:xy/arceus-dragon:
Azure (Arceus-Water) @ Draco Plate
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Roost

very cool set imo. outrage is significantly stronger than the other options available and it comes with built-in imposter punishing (they dont wanna lock themselves into it). obviously outrage has a flaw in that it gives fairy types a turn to hit you, but arceus is the mon least affected by this; stuff like ph xern moonblasts is bouncing off so unless they have pixilate theyre not doing enough. i considered a special set with core enforcer and maybe like sludge/magma/recover? but it feels too weak vs ogre and you cant afford to go min speed on arc generally. could be better than i expected though.

c rank
:xy/arceus-ice:
PERMAFROST (Arceus-Grass) @ Icicle Plate
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Roost

basic idea of the set is to instantly win vs stall cause you just repeatedly icicle spear the resists until they get impaled enough times and run out of recovers. unfortunately no one uses stall and it does a pretty poor job against everyone else. i made this set with ph xern in mind but you need sd + 5 spears to actually ohko him which isnt close to reliable, and obviously iceus is already at a disadvantage in terms of defensive typing, losing to some nasty mons like pdon, mmx, and steels. this is a really cool pokemon (probably around the snow warning users in terms of viability on ices) and i think this set doesnt quite do him justice. more experimentation perhaps.

:xy/arceus-grass:
team protag (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Steam Eruption
- Recover

the legendary team protag. i think leech seed and knot are some of the best things grassceus has (ground resist is cool, but if you want it that badly there are other grasses like tang that can deliver on that). steam eruption cause i wanted to punish uturn. didnt work out super well, grass is just weak to a lot of things that it cant punish in return. even 3 moves arent enough, you want grass + ice + rock + fire all to accomplish the same thing as ghost + fighting or ice + ground. leechseed loses to uturn but it can do things if they arent running that. this needs recover but doesnt have space for it.

:xy/arceus-psychic:
Roses (Arceus-Dark) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Knock Off
- Thousand Waves
- Recover

physical photon. unfortunately the other moves don't really do anything cause youre walled by, like, yveltal. i think this is another case where the mon is more viable but the set could use some adjustment; an idea i had was taking a page out of dragonceus's book and running prismatic laser with like blue flare + thunder as coverage. this really shouldnt be hasty but he doesnt have much of a choice, arc cant run -spdef

:xy/arceus-bug:
Firefly Phenomenon (Arceus-Fire) @ Buginium Z
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

you have uturn. kind of like grassceus, but you need even more than 4 moves to cover everything. to be fair, there are some cool things about bugceus, though; it's one of the most reliable mmx counters, and it can also take on sig move man + gar. additionally, there are other bug moves like struggle bug, lunge, and first impression (dont say it anaconja) that may be worth looking into. i have yet to come up with a set that can really hold its own, though.

want teams? get the entire arceus collection here -> https://pokepast.es/0b07fa52f09d042f

bonus fairyceus team by Chazm: https://pokepast.es/33fce8d89de3bbd1

shoutouts to anaconja, XxSevagxX, Chazm, Onyx Onix 7, lph, dimrah, In The Hills, a loser, Champion Leon, Demilogic, and pazza (and anyone else i may have forgotten, sorry) for testing with me and helping make this post possible. i'm really happy with the activity this meta has gotten and i've had a lot of fun testing more and more new things. hopefully i'll be back next time with something new.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

ARCEUS
SERIES

multitype arceus is an extremely underrated threat and one that absolutely necessitates more exploration in the modern sm bh metagame. up until now, it's mostly been used only as a niche wall to imposter-proof certain threats. thanks to effectively having no item or ability slot, arceus is simply unable to fit into roles such as poison heal or prankster and as such is a much harder mon to just splash on. this pokemon really is extremely cool though and i want to talk about him.

arceus operates in the same space as primal groudon, a mon that falls apart with poor positioning but can just stand in the face of things and make progress without being easy to force out. berry refers to them as "bigs" in their post here. compared to pdon, arc severely lacks power but somewhat makes up for it with speed, spdef, and most importantly flexibility. pdon is just one pokemon while arc can be any of 17 depending on what your team wants.

arceus has a lot of cool traits and some uncool traits as well. its great spdef, unexploitable typing, and good speed tier make it a great check to threatening special attackers like mmy, gar (neutral judgment never 2hkos after a spike), and diancie. z-moves offer a much-needed burst of power that can make arceus a bit more annoying to handle defensively. even imposter was less annoying to handle than i thought initially. that said, something weird about arceus is that it absolutely has to make progress to be worth running. passive arc sets simply do not work, you get spiked on and lose very quickly, and defog arc is just a joke. also, ph mmx of all things can be troublesome, because neutral low kick is doing a ton and it can be hard to chip down.

setup arc can kinda work, sometimes. only on the ones with better offensive stab though, if you dont have good offensive stab you cant fit recovery which sucks

here's a rough arc form tier list (i used type items here cause theyre easier to tell apart plus i like them):

s (very solid, should def be on vr): :metal coat:
a (pretty cool, put in work): :hard stone::soft sand::poison barb::pixie plate::black glasses::black belt::spell tag:
b (silly sometimes, solid other times): :charcoal::sharp beak::magnet::mystic water::dragon fang:
c (pretty silly, good in theory but not in practice): :never-melt ice::miracle seed::twisted spoon::silver powder:

s rank
:xy/arceus-steel:
The Room (2003) (Arceus-Fairy) @ Steelium Z
Timid Nature
- Shore Up
- Doom Desire
- Spectral Thief / Topsy-Turvy
- Anchor Shot

ONLY GOOD STEEL IN THE METAGAME. hard counters all non setup diancies cause you switch in on anything and can just kill them. also hard counters xern apart from nuzzle or spikes on the switch. beats every triage oblivion wing user cause youre faster, you resist oblivion wing, and thundurus is too weak to kill you. doom desire is what helps this make progress, or at least limit the opponent's progress, and it's also really strong with zmove. don't use this vs mmy but it beats gar easily. i think this should be at least c on the bh vr.

a rank
:xy/arceus-rock:
Broken Man (Arceus-Electric) @ Stone Plate
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

pretty neat booster. beats standard xern + pdon which is always great. destroys triage unless theyre giga drain. you also beat imposter and shed, and guys like mmx/kart just get wisped and cannot kill you. even ph normals lose 1v1 unless they get to spectral your boosts. overall there is just not that much non-passive counterplay to this pokemon so it can put opponents in a really tough spot and let you get good progress for a comparatively very low price.

:xy/arceus-ground:
Xylophone Track (Arceus-Ghost) @ Groundium Z
Hasty Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Pain Split

dont laugh!!! this guy is cool, he subs up and is bulky so you get to spam arrows much more than any other ground would. fat mons cant kill you cause of split and can even be at risk of ice beam freezes (esp gira). zmove is excellent here to get that extra damage in vs guys like xern. be prepped for the usual suspects (regenvest, shed, kyuw) and don't give ph users an easy time, and the game will simply give you wins. other options like waves, pblades, and judgment, likely with a completely revamped set, may be worth consideration as well.

:xy/arceus-poison:
wine & revolution (Arceus-Fairy) @ Poisonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Sacred Fire
- Taunt
- Recover

absolutely absurd pokemon offensively. if you arent unlucky you will poison the gira, the pdon, the bro. taunt absolutely ruins passive pokemon (including ff steels/ph gira, which are pretty much the only guys who can hard counter this). imposter is getting burned. shed isnt coming in. ph normals are a pain but z gunk helps to an extent (does 50 to opposing arc). really the big issue with this set is needing another guy for gar and triage. still an incredible mon though

:xy/arceus-fairy:
PINGAS (Arceus-Fairy) @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Tail Glow
- Strength Sap

when i was building the arceus teams, i was under the impression that fairy was by far the least viable arceus. xern was just too similar to it to justify the lost ability slot. then Chazm introduced me to this set. running fairyceus over xern here is actually really cool cause of the extra speed, getting the drop on ph normals without the need for speed boost. even though youre still slower than stuff like mmy, youre fairyceus so theyll have a really hard time actually killing you. he imposter proofed with bounce hooh.

:xy/arceus-dark:
THE SHADOW REALM (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Serious Nature
- Judgment
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Recover

pretty cool mon. judgment means you spin on all ghosts bar regenvest gira, weird sabs, and shed. has a great matchup vs mmy (you always live 1 mg light of ruin from full) and an even better one vs gar. even if you get chipped you can sucker them for a ton. it is rather passive and easily walled by any dark resist though, so youll want a solid ph xern answer and something to prevent gear from coming in everywhere. also fun fact, some of the arc forms actually want to run neutral natures

:xy/arceus-fighting:
Arceus-Dragon @ Fist Plate
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off / Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot / Sunsteel Strike
- Shore Up

you have low kick. this beats pretty much everything except fairies, meaning it goes extremely well with the above steelceus (you can even get funny with doom desire + partner that beats fat dragons). knock is very useful for av, pads, and shed shell. defensive utility is notably less than some other arcs though, you hard lose to triage and the mewtwos can be trouble. still beats unviable mon gar though LOOOOOL

Star Monster (Arceus-Flying) @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swagger
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Low Kick

star monster. i actually think this set is better than the tg judgment one, that gets walled by everything that walls gar (plus cant run moongeist :messi:) while this is harder to consistently stop especially with swagger in the mix. even against opposing spectral users, you can take the hit cause youre arceus and just overpower them. defensive utility is solid, modest zardy only ohkos on max roll and you do extremely well vs mmx/mmy while also handling fairies just fine.

b rank
:xy/arceus-fire:
Flying Phoenix (Arceus-Flying) @ Flame Plate
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Power Whip
- Ice Hammer
- Recover

think of this as a much weaker pdon with more speed and spdef. basically something you use when you dont wanna get owned by ates. you actually run flame plate with vcreate cause its super strong (zmove not dropping speed/defenses is nice, but as arc you want all the power you can get). i ran another fireceus later with magma/icebeam/rocks, but vcreate as well as 3 move coverage is miles better to ensure you dont just get stopped in your tracks. i'd say this is the worst of the 3 fairy resist arcs due to offensive and defensive inconsistency, but it's not terrible.

:xy/arceus-electric:
JELLYFISH MAN (Arceus-Fairy) @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Recover

very memey set (you can probably run thunder>zap cannon) but the mon can work. defensively youre weak to ground which is a huge pain, but you arent weak to anything else so you can just zap cannon all the fast offensive guys. triage resist is also stellar on this. youre running tailglow so naturally this mons gonna be either hyper efficient or worthless, zap cannon can help you do things even when you should be worthless though. blizzard gets the ohko on gira after rocks at +3 (you can para regenvest!!!!!). annoying to imposter proof, run shed or pdon or something

:xy/arceus-water:
Cactus (Arceus-Fairy) @ Splash Plate
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

waterceus runs into the same issue as fairyceus in that it has a hard time distinguishing itself from a popular mon, in this case ogre. unfortunately arc has a tough time leveraging its superior physical bulk cause taking physical hits doesnt really work when youre arceus, so instead this guy just boosts up and tries to win the game. coverage is good and steam eruption can beat shed, but you pretty much have to sack in front of +3 imposter unless you have entei (who i should use). this guy is alright if you want an ogre without recovery, maybe hes better with entei idk.

:xy/arceus-dragon:
Azure (Arceus-Water) @ Draco Plate
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Roost

very cool set imo. outrage is significantly stronger than the other options available and it comes with built-in imposter punishing (they dont wanna lock themselves into it). obviously outrage has a flaw in that it gives fairy types a turn to hit you, but arceus is the mon least affected by this; stuff like ph xern moonblasts is bouncing off so unless they have pixilate theyre not doing enough. i considered a special set with core enforcer and maybe like sludge/magma/recover? but it feels too weak vs ogre and you cant afford to go min speed on arc generally. could be better than i expected though.

c rank
:xy/arceus-ice:
PERMAFROST (Arceus-Grass) @ Icicle Plate
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Roost

basic idea of the set is to instantly win vs stall cause you just repeatedly icicle spear the resists until they get impaled enough times and run out of recovers. unfortunately no one uses stall and it does a pretty poor job against everyone else. i made this set with ph xern in mind but you need sd + 5 spears to actually ohko him which isnt close to reliable, and obviously iceus is already at a disadvantage in terms of defensive typing, losing to some nasty mons like pdon, mmx, and steels. this is a really cool pokemon (probably around the snow warning users in terms of viability on ices) and i think this set doesnt quite do him justice. more experimentation perhaps.

:xy/arceus-grass:
team protag (Arceus-Grass) @ Meadow Plate
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Steam Eruption
- Recover

the legendary team protag. i think leech seed and knot are some of the best things grassceus has (ground resist is cool, but if you want it that badly there are other grasses like tang that can deliver on that). steam eruption cause i wanted to punish uturn. didnt work out super well, grass is just weak to a lot of things that it cant punish in return. even 3 moves arent enough, you want grass + ice + rock + fire all to accomplish the same thing as ghost + fighting or ice + ground. leechseed loses to uturn but it can do things if they arent running that. this needs recover but doesnt have space for it.

:xy/arceus-psychic:
Roses (Arceus-Dark) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Knock Off
- Thousand Waves
- Recover

physical photon. unfortunately the other moves don't really do anything cause youre walled by, like, yveltal. i think this is another case where the mon is more viable but the set could use some adjustment; an idea i had was taking a page out of dragonceus's book and running prismatic laser with like blue flare + thunder as coverage. this really shouldnt be hasty but he doesnt have much of a choice, arc cant run -spdef

:xy/arceus-bug:
Firefly Phenomenon (Arceus-Fire) @ Buginium Z
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

you have uturn. kind of like grassceus, but you need even more than 4 moves to cover everything. to be fair, there are some cool things about bugceus, though; it's one of the most reliable mmx counters, and it can also take on sig move man + gar. additionally, there are other bug moves like struggle bug, lunge, and first impression (dont say it anaconja) that may be worth looking into. i have yet to come up with a set that can really hold its own, though.

want teams? get the entire arceus collection here -> https://pokepast.es/0b07fa52f09d042f

bonus fairyceus team by Chazm: https://pokepast.es/33fce8d89de3bbd1

shoutouts to anaconja, XxSevagxX, Chazm, Onyx Onix 7, lph, dimrah, In The Hills, a loser, Champion Leon, Demilogic, and pazza (and anyone else i may have forgotten, sorry) for testing with me and helping make this post possible. i'm really happy with the activity this meta has gotten and i've had a lot of fun testing more and more new things. hopefully i'll be back next time with something new.
You may want to change the forms on the Arceus you posted, many don’t match the type you intended. This benefits anyone who Imports the text directly into their team.
———————
Magearna @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

I have been trying out Doom Desire on Magearna and it has been working pretty well. Since it deters Fairy-types, and others like Kyurem-B/W from switching in, even after you pivot out, it allows you to enable a set-up sweeper to use that turn to prepare, since their usual check is now discourages from coming in. Otherwise, it allows for more strategic options in general, bc of the incoming hit, so you can use a non-Attack while still letting Doom Desire deal damage later that same turn.

This works as a reverse Pursuit, where incoming Pokémon have to handle Doom Deisre, plus if you have forced out the Pokémon Magearna has pivoted against, with the Pokémon you are sending in, then you could just as easily use Tail Glow, without having to Attack, to deal damage that turn.

For example, Speed Boost Gengar-Mega can opt for Tail Glow on its Set, and benefit from the Doom Desire to hit Imposter without having to use Judgment first turn out.

Gengar-Mega also pairs nicely with Magearna as Gengar-Mega blocks Rapid Spin, 4x resists U-Turn, and can freely set up in its face if they Impostered your Magearna.

Magearna, on the other hand, walls Dark Attacks from threats like Yveltal, and deters Core Enforcer.

Another benefit of Doom Desire, is that even if Magearna is forced out after it used it, you could always get a slow pivot back in, and get the STAB boost with Magearna entering the field at the end of the turn.

Strategies can easily play off of each other, such as with a Yveltal, Gengar-Mega, Magearna core, where Yveltal handles Ground attacks, MMX, Psychic hits, and slow pivots to safety as a RegenVester, while providing Magearna support from opposing Mold Breaker Gengar.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
hey, wanted to make a post on gen 5 bh cause i've been playing that a bit. it's a very interesting meta

first of all, i want to cover the pokestar mons. these guys are very interesting additions to the metagame; each of them have 100/100/100/100/100/100 base stats (with the exception of pokestar smeargle, who's the same as regular smeargle and won't be covered here), making them pretty solid stat-wise especially in the gen 5 environment. all of them are also 61 kg (80 bp low kick/grass knot) in case you're wondering.

(black belt): fighting types are generally very interesting in this pre-mmx bh environment. most of em have more than 100 attack, but few can boast black belt's solid 100/100/100 bulk. that said, black belt does have issues with ph regi/slaking facade doing a million and simply not being able to do enough damage back. personally i think the best set is probably something like scrappy cc or hjk + spin with like lum berry or something like that, being able to spin while also threatening steels.
(black door): shaymin!!!!!!!!!!! this is before grass powder immunity meaning this guy gets spored which is unfort, but grasses are still kinda cool here as a ground resist that isnt rock weak. go forth and leech seed your way to victory, or something
(brycen-man): haven't used this guy but he looks pretty solid. dark psychic is a really cool typing when you're not hoopa-u, i can see a lot of cool sets like specs adapt psycho boost or ph spin on this dude. you could even run counter for uturn if youre that crazy
(f-00, f-002): what a weird typing. like actually, what a strange typing. it's probably bad because of how inconsequential offensive ghost is in this gen (no moongeist no spectral, resisted by steel) but you also have normal stab which is interesting. really have no idea where this mon will end up as the meta progresses.
(giant/monica/legs, humanoid): i know you want to use the legs, but its a normal type and arceus is in this gen. skip these
(monster): scare your opponent into clicking x. hard to find a clear niche for this guy, feels outclassed by majin plus you cant spin vs majin so that's no fun
(mt): MECHA TYRANITAR. absolute chad pokemon, its like mini steelceus so its bound to be good (faces a bit of competition with rachi tho). much needed defensive counterplay for dragons like ray and latis although itd be really good with just a bit more spdef
(mt2): really, really weird mon. don't really know what the electric typing does for him, i guess u own zekrom and can do things offensively. does this run levitate or ff or dry skin or what?
(spirit/majin): oh man. OH MAN. premier spinblocker, no weaknesses, 3 immunities, actual bulk. you can't really go wrong with majin. anaconja has this team with 1 ph and 1 unaware and it's just very solid. this is one of the biggest meta threats and is right up there with giratina as a ghost.
(transport): never use this. it might look cool because it's a time machine but you will hate yourself every day for not using mecha tyranitar instead.
(ufo): a solid defensive flying resist that isn't weak to fire, fighting, or ground, and it's only available the gen before aerilate, oblivion wing, and dragon ascent are introduced. typical. ufo is cool, i ran swift swim tg + stabs + sub leftovers on a rain team once and he was neat. this gen the unawares can't really hurt you back so you can afford to run the extra bulk compared to thundurus's extra power. maybe you can also improof something like mg brave bird/hjk ray or something.
(ufo2, ufo-propu2): ufo2 is weird. really weird. but i probably wouldn't call it bad, offensive elecs are cool here and this guy has a very nice secondary stab. not much can really wall this outside of stuff youll never see like steelix. something like moldy tg elec judgment + majin partner could be awesome i feel. kinda annoying that this shares a sprite with base ufo, plus propu2 should probably be an alternate form of ufo2 in builder (every other pokestar mon has an alternate "prop" form that looks like this)
(white door): pretty similar to entei, bit more spa + spd and bit less attack. id say fires are definitely a lot worse in this gen, no fairy to resist and water/ground/rock are all extremely relevant. sun is probably pretty solid although idk if this guy has a place on it

next thing i wanna talk about is the strong stuff
these 3 are pretty annoying with contrary draco meteor. steels are the only resist so you can just run coverage for em and have 0 long term defensive counterplay (you need to run mail to avoid trick from em which leaves you open to chip from uturn hazards or hail + kyuw). this makes the meta a bit more offense-focused and makes it harder to get away with the standard fat balance stuff. i will say though that these dudes have a very hard time coming in.
spore. this move is unblockable outside of orbs and bounce if no moldy, and sleep turns reset on switch in this gen so your guy will probably be asleep for the rest of the game. letting a mon fall asleep is the most functional answer because it means they lose spore as an option, but even then it's practically a sack and can put you in a horrible spot vs stuff like contrary (although imposter def helps with this id say).
shed is really weird here cause sand and hail really are quite common and you have to dedicate quite a bit for shed to not autolose to them. the same goes for hazards which dont have defog as a passive, risk-free option to remove them so you're forced to rely on scrappy spin, which is much worse than ate spin in later gens. that said, shed feels really strong vs actual breakers and many of em can just be hard walled. i wouldnt say shed is nearly as banworthy as the other stuff here (especially cause you have 2 very solid defensive ghosts) but it's definitely a limiting factor for stuff like rain that would otherwise prefer it gone.
rain and sun are strong. you have great abusers for both (ogre + palk + thund/ufo for rain, darm + resh + hooh on sun, latis on both) with all the good options in mold breaker, tinted lens, and chloro/swiftswim. water lacks stab outside of hydro pump and spout though, sun has vcreate.
grounds are cool here cause nature power calls eq in this gen, meaning prank grounds get priority eq. this can be hard to deal with for teams that rely on frail mons like the above weather sweepers, mewtwo/deoxys, and some others. i'd say every team definitely needs a solid resist to prevent these mons from turning the tables on them. they're also pretty solid glue mons cause they provide prank + priority in 1 slot.
the chans. i'd say this mon actually feels worse than in later gens because the power level is much lower - most actually strong wallbreakers are gonna be improofed with immunity abilities, so it's much harder to chip down an answer and beat it out with imposter later on. it also gives your opponent time to win the hazard war which is very dangerous. pretty decent as a soft check to like dragons though.

here are some gen 5 teams i made:
https://pokepast.es/51989a8cc75ed29e - hail. bit too rock weak but i like the idea behind it. spiderweb rachi is to trap imposter cause theres no anchor. lugia should prob be replaced with cress cause all he does is lose to rocks
https://pokepast.es/59159a96c754b95e - i like moldrachi. would be a lot better if darkrai didnt underperform every game (didnt know dark void was 100% outclassed by spore when i made this lol). no ground resists so its bad. hail m2 is for shed.
https://pokepast.es/5f5ae12898cd4624 - double fighting. the mistake i made with this team was trying to beat ph normals with blackbelt, which as we have established doesnt work. this team has some cool stuff on it like terrak + nido + sandstream, bounce ufo, and the chandelure, but still feels very fragile and loses to stuff that just has higher stats
https://pokepast.es/9ce9432d1b8e7491 - i built this around f-002 despite knowing nothing about it (i just like the design) so it was guaranteed to turn out badly. ph ufo is very cool. darkrai would be nice if knock didnt have 20 power in this gen. gen 5 is hard.
https://pokepast.es/5d25dc2d87779d04 - pretty straightforward rain. this is the team i used to finally beat anaconja's double majin team. the next game he brought shed and i lost because i could not touch shed, theres also no sleep counterplay but you dont need sleep counterplay when youre rain.

i encourage other people to try out this meta, it's extremely undeveloped and it's a lot of fun figuring all this stuff out for the first time. the links in the op are mostly bad but some of em have good content (like bh snake) so i would recommend checking em out if you wanna learn the meta; that said, pokestar has only been legal for like the past year or 2 so everything's at least a bit outdated. anaconja made a preliminary vr which i'll leave to him to post here.

as always, feel free to challenge me or anaconja if you ever wanna give this a shot, we definitely need more players in order to actually develop this meta beyond just a starting point.

next, just a quick gen 7 thing:

i have a few more noms for the vr since a few months ago. i'll likely start the voting in about a week so be sure to get your noms in!!!!

ur -> c: blah blah best steel in the meta blah blah 120 base speed read the propaganda. steelceus is good
:kyurem-white: b- -> b: kyuw feels... not that bad. more and more teams are just skipping out on actual ice resists meaning the strongest -ate user gets to go to town. ogre and xern feel much more beatable compared to before. even mmx/diancie can get kept in check by imposter and other soft checks. this mon might not have the biggest cap but it feels pretty easy to build with i'd say
:tyranitar-mega: b+ -> b: this guy just feels like he doesn't have much of a niche. faces competition with a lot of dark types and hard loses to zyg which sucks. offensively id really rather use someone like yveltal or ashgren, defensively someone that actually beats gar

that's all for today, thanks for reading

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Hey, there! So I've been sorting out the RBY 2k20 server that hosts RBY BH, and I thought I'd drop in with some interesting bits.

The ability to pre-status Pokemon is a lot more helpful than you'd initially think. In RBY, Sleep and Paralysis are both extremely powerful, so being able to Poison or Burn yourself can sometimes provide a significant advantage. It's not uncommon to see Pokemon like Alakazam and Starmie Burn themselves to prevent Paralysis and Sleep, while also reducing Confusion damage due to Burn's Attack drop. However, this also makes many Pokemon much more easily worn down, so there is a trade-off. For me, I sometimes skip out on pre-statusing Tauros to enter mirrors at full-health, winning more consistently. Oh, and paralyzed Chansey is funny for PP Stall.

L255s are also interesting, as they mean Seismic Toss and Night Shade have their damage boosted. In addition, critical hits increase in power a bit due to the damage mechanics. However, they also make Pokemon much, much bulkier, which generally evens out the damage changes. While this may make the meta sound stally, Super Fang and the passive damage from pre-status make Pokemon die faster than you would imagine.

There's also some interesting threats that arise from the infinite movepools and general environment.

:rb/electrode:
Spore+Haze Electrode makes for a decent lead, removing status with Haze to then try and Sleep them. This opens up a 50/50: will you switch to a statused Pokemon to block Spore, or accept the Sleep? Or, will Electrode Haze twice, removing status from two Pokemon? It's a fairly interesting dynamic.

:rb/chansey:
Chansey has the highest HP available, which makes it one of the best Transform users. Its sheer bulk also makes it a decent user of Super Fang, Haze and other support moves. Since you can also pre-para/psn Chansey on top of this, I think Chansey has a lot of flexibility and could fit onto a lot of teams.

:rb/aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl with STAB is a pretty nice beatstick, and a good candidate to take Poison so it can't be crippled by Paralysis. It's also a really nice way to stop Slash and Body Slam users from getting out of hand. I think Aerodactyl will see quite a bit of play.

:rb/tauros:
While already a ridiculous threat in traditional RBY, Tauros gets access to some crazier moves than it already did. Slash and Crabhammer make it an even more nuclear threat than it already was, devastating Pokemon with crits galore. I think Tauros will definitely be reprising its usual role as the premier revenge killer.

:rb/starmie:
If you disliked Starmie critting Alakazam with Surf in OU, you will rue the day you hear about Crabhammer Starmie. This thing hits really damn hard, and the ability to Burn itself to avoid Paralysis is also a huge boon. Its movepool was already pretty crazy though, so it hasn't actually changed much outside of that.

:rb/scyther:
Scyther gets STAB off of Drill Peck now, which makes it deal stupid damage. However, I think Aerodactyl does a lot of what it wants to do better. You could use both, though.

If you're interested in playing the meta, head over to the RBY 2k20 PS Server. There's also a Discord Server where people tend to organize matches for various metas, including this one. This is all very new and took quite a bit of work on my end! Thanks to cityscapes for helping out in the initial search for what people did with the format in the distant past lol

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
the first post-gen sm bh vr update has commenced! thanks to everyone for sending in their noms. view the votes/reasonings here.

Rises:
:xerneas: A+ -> S
:groudon-primal: A -> A+
:yveltal: B+ -> A-
:arceus: B- -> B
:greninja-ash: C -> B-
:rayquaza: D -> C
:scizor-mega: D -> C
:suicune: UR -> C
UR -> D
:heatran: UR -> D
:lugia: UR -> D
:reshiram: UR -> D
:zeraora: UR -> D

Drops:
:mewtwo-mega-x: S -> A
:registeel: A- -> B+
:kangaskhan-mega: B+ -> B
:necrozma-dusk-mane: B+ -> B
:tyranitar-mega: B+ -> B
:audino-mega: B -> B-
:celesteela: B -> B-
:slowbro-mega: B -> B-
:hoopa-unbound: C -> D
:xurkitree: C -> D

No Change:
:gengar-mega: Stays A+
:diancie-mega: Stays A
:ho-oh: Stays B
:magearna: Stays B
:regigigas: Stays B
:kyurem-white: Stays B-
:zekrom: Stays B-
:necrozma-ultra: Stays C
:palkia: Stays C
:tapu lele: Stays UR

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Are we ever going to divvy up C Rank? Unlike Gen 8, I feel there are enough in that rank to warrant it.

Also... good picks for the associated ranks.
the first post-gen sm bh vr update has commenced! thanks to everyone for sending in their noms. view the votes/reasonings here.

Rises:
UR -> D

Drops:

No Change:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Are we ever going to divvy up C Rank? Unlike Gen 8, I feel there are enough in that rank to warrant it.
i don't think so, lots of the mons in c rank are gonna go months without seeing any serious use so i think it'd just be much less productive to argue about it instead of stuff like whether gira/zyg should be a+. open to counterarguments but i'd say that the best way to talk about c rank mons is to just post cool sets for em

anyway, i have a new cool announcement. we're going to update the sample teams!

submit your best and most accessible teams here this week to get them featured. writing a description is encouraged, but if you don't write one i can. replays are also extremely nice.

Team Name: Immortal Smoke
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/42b0e228782f3fb3
Description: Semi-offensive team that aims to win the hazard war with one of Xerneas + Primal Groudon beating nearly all methods of hazard removal, and Suicune + PH Yveltal denying opposing hazards. Shed Shell Imposter, Will-O-Wisp Primal Groudon, and Shedinja are used for positioning. See the RMT for more details.

Team Name: Wigglytuff Semi-Rain
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/3757756c93dcb19f
Description: Rain team that uses a defensive Dragon/Steel/Fairy/Water core with more situational wallbreakers instead of conventional Swift Swim users. Because of the lack of "universal" choiced Water-type attackers, finding an opening against defensive teams can be difficult and requires figuring out which of your Pokemon can do the most work. Against offensive teams, make use of the team's defensive utility, several Strength Sap users, and several setup users. Hyper offense can be a harder matchup; you'll need to get spikes up with Scizor vs their lead and maintain pressure. Replay here.

Team Name: No Faces Offense
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/db797fdf70242b68
Description: Team that makes use of 2 CB Pursuit trappers to beat problematic defensive Pokemon, 2 aggressive Poison Heal users as the main method of progress, and 2 anti-offensive walls to cover Pokemon like Mega Mewtwo X and Y. Hail on Regigigas is to catch Shedinja on the switch and prevent it from coming in for the next few turns. The team is somewhat weak to Primal Groudon, but you can limit it by revenge killing with Pursuit Regigigas. Replay will be edited in soon.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The Alpha (Heracross-Mega) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Refrigerate
Naughty Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Photon Geyser

30 IVs for HP to keep it an odd # for Belly Drum (using it up to 4 times if you use the Normalium-Z without taking damage).

Z-Belly Drum a hit you can survive (Heals you 100% then triggers Belly Drum) and you can sweep your foe's team. Improof with a Dazzling Pokemon like Spectral Thief MMX, and you are set for success, just make sure to break opposing Imposter first. Photon handles Shedinja while avoiding Spiky Shield / Baneful Bunker, and can hit Gengar-Mega on their switch-in if you were unable to set-up (i.e. low HP).

Overall, the strongest Atk in the game, considering you basically never use a -Spe Nature on MMX, especially due to attracting Spectral Thief, and Heracross-Mega suggests Triage, (and Drain Punch bluffs / heals as such), allowing you to KO Giratina / Zygarde with Extreme Speed, and keep out Registeel that thinks you will outspeed its Prankster Haze anyways. It's also easier to kill Imposter Mega-Heracross with Triage Oblivion Wing without a Boost than MMX.

+6 252+ Atk Refrigerate Heracross-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Zygarde-Complete: 756-892 (118.8 - 140.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252+ Atk Refrigerate Heracross-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 760-896 (151 - 178.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pretty self-explanatory, and an awesome surprise for the foe.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Rises:
UR -> D

Drops:

No Change:
I think Landorous-T should have a spot on D on this list, as it serves as a more-long term wall breaker / sweeper.

By being able to threaten out Prankster Hazers like Registeel, Zygarde-Complete, and keep out Imposter completely, Landorous-T at the very least seems like a safe bet alternative to Garchomp-Mega, where it can get away with setting up with Shift Gear, or wallbreaking with Choice Band.

The real sheer dominance it possesses is more striking since Rayquaza-Mega was banned, leaving fewer ways to check Zygarde-C’s walling without compromising your team’s vulnerability to Imposter.

Bolt Strike coverage only further adds to its prowess vs Celesteela, and other checks that used to be able to threaten other Flying-types, and could pivot to Imposter for checking their coverage.

Honestly, for Landorous-T, with hazards support, your power will be more than enough to KO your intended targets, all while luring in your would-be checks, and counters. For reference to the Calcs, set, and description in fuller detail check my outline post below:
Here is the Landorus-Therian set that my intention last generation was meant to be:
:Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-FEARian (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Bolt Strike
- Frustration
- U-Turn / Trick / Shift Gear

Completely Imposterproof, while scoring the KOs you know you love — and need. Happiness level is not copied by Imposter, so your Frustration is full power, while theirs is minimal.

Packing an even Trollier Speed Tier than Garchomp-Mega, it outpaces base 90s Speed with 91 base Speed, to get the jump and proceeds to wallbreak.
————
252+ Atk Life Orb Landorus-Therian Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 372-439 (92 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Landorus-Therian Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 421-499 (104.2 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Landorus-Therian Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 338-400 (84.9 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rocks
————
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Landorus-Therian Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 697-821 (99 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Pixilate Landorus-Therian Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 429-507 (85.1 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Landorus-Therian Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 775-915 (121.8 - 143.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
———
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-Therian Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 378-446 (103.8 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-Therian Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 392-464 (97 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (Red Orb Groudon)

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-Therian Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 426-504 (107 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-Therian Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ho-Oh: 390-460 (93.7 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Landorus-Therian Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 596-704 (93.7 - 110.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
I would say this:

It’s not as powerful as Garchomp-Mega, but it packs enough power to still get the KO on it’s intended targets, I.e. KOing Zygarde-Complete, without a Z-Crystal.

It can more effectively set up, as it doesn’t fear Imposter, or for its Choice Band set, it can Trick Pokemon that hard wall it to prevent healing.

Overall, like Gengar-Mega, it packs an immunity to its STAB and coverage moves, while allowing itself to not fear Stealth Rock like other Flying types like Aerodactyl-Mega, or Pinsir-Mega would. Life Orb basically lets it catch up to stronger mons that rely on other items (like Gengar-Mega in terms of the Normalize set‘s offensive prowess), with all of its main attacks being at least base 123 power.

Further, Landorus-Therian is a pick that focuses on longevity and not being afraid to stay in and keep at it, while other physical Flying types often have to be selective about their coverage moves or STAB in case Imposter comes in to force them out.

Lastly, Hazers typically fear at least one of its moves, and Frustration will surprise the inevitable Zygarde-Complete switch in when they don’t expect a 1HKO move, like they would on Garchomp-Mega, functioning as a lure to the very Pokemon it is meant to KO.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Here is a new set that takes inspiration from an old favorite:

Gen 6 & 7

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Flame Orb
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Roost / Recover
- Spikes
- Psycho Shift

Faster than Zacian-Base, resists Fire, Flying, Normal, Bug, and maintains immunity to Spikes / Ground; uses Psycho Shift to pass on Burn, and force switches to set up and accumulate Spikes passive damage.

Due to your Speed, Roost removes weakness to Electric, Ice, etc. before your foe can make a move; which can save it. If you manage to Burn your foe on the switch-in, it’s basically a resistance.

Facade has 32 PP, which allows it to out stall Recover walls, and can negate Leftovers recovery with Psycho Shift Burn.

Aerilate Facade hits even harder than Zacian-Base would if this were Gen 8 threatening even nuetral targets like Arceus— and is an immediate threat to MMX, Beedrill-Mega, etc.

Average Defense is balanced by its ability to outspeed and Burn before it takes a hit.

OG-Fossil before the Fossil moves can sweep hard without resorting to Magic Guard Head Smash and can spread status before anything beside Pheromosa can act. Thwarts PHealers, and accumulates hazard damage on obligated switches to soften up foes for Facade.

Still Imposterproof even if Imposter has been burned, due to resistance, and can stall it out (say if you are both down to your last Pokémon).

252 Atk Aerilate Chansey Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 123-146 (33.7 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

Improof with a Poison Heal Zygarde-C (blocking Psycho Shift), or a Magic Bounce Rocky Helmet Steel-type (blocking Spikes) if you must.

Replay

Last edited:
you nerds ready for a gen 7 team?

:ho-oh: :gengar-mega: :xerneas: :groudon: :yveltal: :chansey:
https://pokepast.es/5f37b4bf51dc1f13

gotten to 1500 on ladder with this baby. gonna give a quick rundown, got help building it from anaconja and city. shoutouts to them for basically making the team lol (featuring my attempt at humor)
1617673438035.png

the oh (Ho-Oh) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 240 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Lava Plume
- Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot
- U-turn
IMPROOFS: pdon, yveltal

i've always been a ho-oh advocate in BH, it's such a fun pokemon to use and i think this set really expresses how good it is for support. spect thief and anchor shot hit deceptively hard considering ho-oh's 130 attack stat, and lava plume is amazing utility if you happen to get the burn on a ph user
1617672430110.png

the gar (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Spikes
IMPROOFS: nothing lol this is just a late game cleaner

pretty standard mgar. just using adapt over mold breaker and spikes over spore. spikes are mostly just there to help mgar itself and xern break a bit better. am considering sludge to ruin maudino tho
1617673220550.png

the neas (Xerneas) @ Pixie Plate
Calm Nature
- Boomburst
- Thunder
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance
IMPROOFS: yveltal

im a big fan of -ate abusers, and xern is one of the best out there. before i discovered xern was an actual thing i thought pixiancie would always be better, but xern's defensive utility is so good i love it so much. thunder para gives you some good speed control, and it lets you hit shit even harder
1617674606619.png

the don (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
IMPROOFS: xern, ho-oh

p sure you know what this set does if you've ever played bh lol. wisp and rocks support, v-create for the funny damage, sap to beat impchans, standard shit
1617674977459.png

the tal (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin
- Revelation Dance
IMPROOFS: mgar, ho-oh

triage yveltal haha yes im running out of jokes for these images this is just standard triage tal with rapid spin send help
1617675188130.png

the sey (Chansey) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- U-turn
- Metal Burst
IMPROOFS: nothing its impchans lol

look at this bitch. people always expect eviolite so they dont account for the possibility of scarf chans, letting you have amazing surprise factor. still relevant after the surprise too

in the end, this team is probably fucking terrible, make fun of me as much as needed
edit: added improofing

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
you nerds ready for a gen 7 team?

:ho-oh: :gengar-mega: :xerneas: :groudon: :yveltal: :chansey:
https://pokepast.es/5f37b4bf51dc1f13

gotten to 1500 on ladder with this baby. gonna give a quick rundown, got help building it from anaconja and city. shoutouts to them for basically making the team lol (featuring my attempt at humor)
View attachment 329747
the oh (Ho-Oh) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 240 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Lava Plume
- Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot
- U-turn

i've always been a ho-oh advocate in BH, it's such a fun pokemon to use and i think this set really expresses how good it is for support. spect thief and anchor shot hit deceptively hard considering ho-oh's 130 attack stat, and lava plume is amazing utility if you happen to get the burn on a ph user
View attachment 329742

the gar (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Spikes

pretty standard mgar. just using adapt over mold breaker and spikes over spore. spikes are mostly just there to help mgar itself and xern break a bit better. am considering sludge to ruin maudino tho
View attachment 329746

the neas (Xerneas) @ Pixie Plate
Calm Nature
- Boomburst
- Thunder
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance

im a big fan of -ate abusers, and xern is one of the best out there. before i discovered xern was an actual thing i thought pixiancie would always be better, but xern's defensive utility is so good i love it so much. thunder para gives you some good speed control, and it lets you hit shit even harder
View attachment 329750

the don (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

p sure you know what this set does if you've ever played bh lol. wisp and rocks support, v-create for the funny damage, sap to beat impchans, standard shit
View attachment 329751

the tal (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin
- Revelation Dance

triage yveltal haha yes im running out of jokes for these images this is just standard triage tal with rapid spin send help
View attachment 329755

the sey (Chansey) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- U-turn
- Metal Burst

look at this bitch. people always expect eviolite so they dont account for the possibility of scarf chans, letting you have amazing surprise factor. still relevant after the surprise too

in the end, this team is probably fucking terrible, make fun of me as much as needed
This team is great. Never used it, but I faced it on the ladder a few times and Scarf Chansey completely dunked me in the rounds you won. Took me three tries to figure out that its actually scarf. As someone that got beaten by it quite a bit, definately would recommend (if being beaten by it lets me recommend it).

On another note, I'm stealing this concept from Gen 8 BH:

Gengar-Mega @ Flame Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Moongeist Beam
- Secret Sword / Sludge Bomb
- Spore / Lovely Kiss / Moonblast / Taunt / King's Shield / Sludge Bomb

Quick Feet Mega Gengar. The idea is that you force a switch (on NDM or something), Tail Glow up, and start sweeping. As soon as they reveal their Hazer (and they will do so, very quickly), Spore them, TG again, and continue on your path of destruction. Lovely Kiss can be run in case they're Safety Goggles or something but you'd usually want Spore. A huge perk of running this is that its a sweeper that is a self-improof. With Quick Feet, you are faster than Impostor and can OHKO them with Moongeist Beam. 76 SpD EVs ensures that you will OHKO Eviolite Impostor, but you can run 216 if you want to OHKO Impostor after rocks or a layer of spikes. However, you will have to risk the speed tie on Choice Scarf Impostors or switch out, but since they will almost certainly Moongeist Beam you can just run to a Normal-type or something.

As for other options for this set (and it has tons), Moonblast hits Yveltal and bulky Dragon-types (most notably Giratina). Taunt shuts down Hazers through Safety Goggles and also stop healing. King's Shield bypasses atespeeders provided that Mega Gengar has enough HP remaining. Finally, Sludge Bomb is a powerful secondary STAB option that doesn't really hit much besides Xerneas and Mega Audino, but its powerful nontheless.

Now, why would you use this over the standard MGar sets?
  • Normalize is something else entirely, so I won't go over it.
  • All non-moldy sets (other than Normalize) either lose to Shedinja or Impostor (unless you run both Judgment and a moldmove, which is kinda stupid).
  • Moldy Shell Smash (and Quiver Dance) does not pack enough power to KO certain targets, most notably Registeel, Regigigas, and Dialga.
  • Moldy Tail Glow is outsped and revenge killed by Mega Mewtwo Y, which is really important since Mega Mewtwo Y is one of the largest threats in the meta.
  • This set is immune to status, which shields it from Prankster Glarers and whatnot.
  • It does not rely on Spooky Plate, which makes it less weak to Knock Off. In fact, Mega Gengar only needs its item for one turn, because as soon as its burned it don't need the Flame Orb anymore.
This set has its own disadvantages. For one, its bulk will be severely compromised, as between the burn and the forced drop on Special Defense, you will be a lot less capable of taking hits than if you were running other sets. But then, who cares about bulk when you're cleanly sweeping the opposing team? Also, it can't beat Unaware Pokemon that does not die to Moongeist Beam, most notably Yveltal and Arceus. However, sleep can be used to muscle past them.

:gengar-mega::audino-mega::mewtwo-mega-y::groudon-primal::giratina::registeel:
Here's a team built around this Mega Gengar set. Mewtwo is for breaking, and targets mons that Gengar has trouble with, like Yveltal and Primal Kyogre. After the opposing team is sufficiently weakened Gengar comes in and sweep, and honestly not much can stop it from doing so. Audino improofs Mewtwo, Gengar self-improofs, Pdon improofs Audino but lets it set rocks, Gira improofs Pdon (and Audino, but it can't do anything back), and Audino improofs Gira and Registeel. Blue Flare on Mewtwo is mostly filler and I'll probably change it to Focus Blast or something. The five orbs kinda just happened and is mostly an accident.

EDIT: I forgot to say this but this team is far from perfect and can use lots of improvements, therefore to anyone reading this I'm using this as an excuse to get some comments to improve my team. Any constructive advice will be appreciated!

Last edited:
This team is great. Never used it, but I faced it on the ladder a few times and Scarf Chansey completely dunked me in the rounds you won. Took me three tries to figure out that its actually scarf. As someone that got beaten by it quite a bit, definately would recommend (if being beaten by it lets me recommend it).

On another note, I'm stealing this concept from Gen 8 BH:

Gengar-Mega @ Flame Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Moongeist Beam
- Secret Sword / Sludge Bomb
- Spore / Lovely Kiss / Moonblast / Taunt / King's Shield / Sludge Bomb

Quick Feet Mega Gengar. The idea is that you force a switch (on NDM or something), Tail Glow up, and start sweeping. As soon as they reveal their Hazer (and they will do so, very quickly), Spore them, TG again, and continue on your path of destruction. Lovely Kiss can be run in case they're Safety Goggles or something but you'd usually want Spore. A huge perk of running this is that its a sweeper that is a self-improof. With Quick Feet, you are faster than Impostor and can OHKO them with Moongeist Beam. 76 SpD EVs ensures that you will OHKO Eviolite Impostor, but you can run 216 if you want to OHKO Impostor after rocks or a layer of spikes. However, you will have to risk the speed tie on Choice Scarf Impostors or switch out, but since they will almost certainly Moongeist Beam you can just run to a Normal-type or something.

As for other options for this set (and it has tons), Moonblast hits Yveltal and bulky Dragon-types (most notably Giratina). Taunt shuts down Hazers through Safety Goggles and also stop healing. King's Shield bypasses atespeeders provided that Mega Gengar has enough HP remaining. Finally, Sludge Bomb is a powerful secondary STAB option that doesn't really hit much besides Xerneas and Mega Audino, but its powerful nontheless.

Now, why would you use this over the standard MGar sets?
  • Normalize is something else entirely, so I won't go over it.
  • All non-moldy sets (other than Normalize) either lose to Shedinja or Impostor (unless you run both Judgment and a moldmove, which is kinda stupid).
  • Moldy Shell Smash (and Quiver Dance) does not pack enough power to KO certain targets, most notably Registeel, Regigigas, and Dialga.
  • Moldy Tail Glow is outsped and revenge killed by Mega Mewtwo Y, which is really important since Mega Mewtwo Y is one of the largest threats in the meta.
  • This set is immune to status, which shields it from Prankster Glarers and whatnot.
  • It does not rely on Spooky Plate, which makes it less weak to Knock Off. In fact, Mega Gengar only needs its item for one turn, because as soon as its burned it don't need the Flame Orb anymore.
This set has its own disadvantages. For one, its bulk will be severely compromised, as between the burn and the forced drop on Special Defense, you will be a lot less capable of taking hits than if you were running other sets. But then, who cares about bulk when you're cleanly sweeping the opposing team? Also, it can't beat Unaware Pokemon that does not die to Moongeist Beam, most notably Yveltal and Arceus. However, sleep can be used to muscle past them.

:gengar-mega::audino-mega::mewtwo-mega-y::groudon-primal::giratina::registeel:
Here's a team built around this Mega Gengar set. Mewtwo is for breaking, and targets mons that Gengar has trouble with, like Yveltal and Primal Kyogre. After the opposing team is sufficiently weakened Gengar comes in and sweep, and honestly not much can stop it from doing so. Audino improofs Mewtwo, Gengar self-improofs, Pdon improofs Audino but lets it set rocks, Gira improofs Pdon (and Audino, but it can't do anything back), and Audino improofs Gira and Registeel. Blue Flare on Mewtwo is mostly filler and I'll probably change it to Focus Blast or something. The five orbs kinda just happened and is mostly an accident.
oh right you reminded me to get what improofs what on my team lol
also, O R B S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)