Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Frost Breath seems very good also. With 60 BP, it's effectively a 120 BP move that hits through defensive boosts. Ice offense really got buffed this gen.
Remember, crit moves are now 1.5 more power, which means Frost Breath now has 90 BP.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Bobby, didn't have to make an unnecessary post!

I was wondering since xerneas is a fairy type it's immune to dragon so it would be immune to dragon tail not only that with magic bounce it would be immune to whirlwind. So then only parting shot would be able to phaze making it a very effective magic bouncer. Not to mention with that it can easily run a set up sweeper set or just a utility set. I've been using xerneas as a magic bouncer with pretty decent success. Also fairy+ fire coverage is op af

I was wondering since xerneas is a fairy type it's immune to dragon so it would be immune to dragon tail not only that with magic bounce it would be immune to whirlwind. So then only parting shot would be able to phaze making it a very effective magic bouncer. Not to mention with that it can easily run a set up sweeper set or just a utility set. I've been using xerneas as a magic bouncer with pretty decent success. Also fairy+ fire coverage is op af
I actually like bounce xerneas more than unaware because it doesn't really have the ridiculous unaware stats like cress does. The only issue with fairy/fire is fire types like heatran and ho-oh. Ho-oh is immune to earth power too though. On the subject of Ho-Oh, it is really good right now. It can switch into xerneas and aegislash with ease and nuke stuff with stabs and hi jump kick. Carbink can take it on unless it has wood hammer, but can't do anything back. Decreased spore means you are a lot safer running life orb as well.

I believe Rayquaza is far better for Gale Wings than Ho-Oh, more power on both offensive sides, not so weak to SR, faster when using non-flying moves, it just isn't as tank as Ho-Oh, but in such a case the Toxic Orb + Magic Guard set would be better.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I believe Rayquaza is far better for Gale Wings than Ho-Oh, more power on both offensive sides, not so weak to SR, faster when using non-flying moves, it just isn't as tank as Ho-Oh, but in such a case the Toxic Orb + Magic Guard set would be better.
What about Yveltal? It's not as strong as Rayquaza (base 130 vs base 150), but it is bulkier than Quaza, isn't weak to Dragon-type moves, and has more speed outside of Flying-type attacks. Dark STAB is also nifty for hitting Giratina and Aegiblade with the same move. Maybe a set of Flying STAB / Dark STAB / Roost / Rapid Spin | Tailwind or something like that?

Hummm, i haven't thought of this, now you mentioned it looks more durable and usable than Rayquaza.

I was thinking of Yvetal more as a Magic Bounce user because it has Nature Power immunity AND at the same time could put pressure on ghosts with its dark attacks so it can spin hazards away.

Nature power immunity does not matter any more, as Nature Power is now try attack. Which really helps offense, surprisingly (hurts one of the more dangerous prankstermons)

Wow, not expecting that. Now grounded Steels with Magic Bounce will become much more common.

Of course there's still Poison Heal Landorous with Dragon Tail/Earthquake/Spore/Filler, but overall that's a punch on Grounds and a bless on Magic Bouncers.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Wow, not expecting that. Now grounded Steels with Magic Bounce will become much more common.

Of course there's still Poison Heal Landorous with Dragon Tail/Earthquake/Spore/Filler, but overall that's a punch on Grounds and a bless on Magic Bouncers.
R.I.P. in piece Prankster Groudon

On the flip side, Prankster special normals might be a thing, although they will definitely not be as good as Prankster Groudon.

On the flip side, Prankster special normals might be a thing, although they will definitely not be as good as Prankster Groudon.
Its a shame really, but the highest special attack on a normal type is 135 from a porygon-z (Not counting megas) and is walled by magic bounce ghost types (even more reason Aegislash will be used as a bouncer)
Although losing some power, tri attack does have a 20% freeze/burn/para rate so there is an upside i guess.

Ok, so right now, Gourgeist got a gigantic buff with its new Super form! It has 95 HP and 130 defense, with just lower speed (which never really mattered in the first place!) It also got 110 base attack and a slight drop in Spdef... but the increased HP stat somehow helps it and its main use is to wall threats such as Poison Heal Landorus-T and Regigigas anyway.

Ok I have concluded the following things are broken from a little testing. My opinion means nothing, but these are the restrictions I'd like to see placed on the metagame.

Bans (again in my opinion):
1.) Mega Mewtwo Y (undecided about X)
2.) Pure/Huge Power
3.) Shadow Tag/Arena Trap (undecided about magnet pull)

Have at me I can back any of the we claims up, they are kind of ridiculous in the metagame, especially the first two. Pure power and Mewtwo Y (which is just as dangerous as pure power because it can have a different ability and already has ridiculous SpA and speed) should stay in pure hackmons, where they are not more or less impossible to beat. Shadow Tag and Arena Trap are sort of the same concept.

Mewtwo y why would you ban it?
I see a Mon that is crazy in power, but at the same time, it loses to common things. It may be vulnerable to spore, and the mighty yveltal checks it by sponging hits and other things. What set specifically do you think is too good on Mewtwo Y and why do you think that?

Power and trapping abilities? I am inclined towards banning them.

Or if its only other offensive moves can't beat yveltal. It is check able, though.

Also, opposing Mewtwo y make amazing Mewtwo y checks.
^

With 160 base Attack Mega Blaziken will be the new Darmanitan.

Sets with Drought, Chlorophyll, Contrary, Adaptability or Tinted Lens under Sun, all of them will spam overhelming V-Create.

Charizard although got the good Dragon type (not so good now with the Fairies, but still good) for one of its forms, and got the monstrous Special Attack on the other, because of that the form with that powerful Special Attack (Mega Y) will not be able to abuse unresistable double STAB combination as the X form does, and the X form will not abuse that Fire Special Attack that surpasses even Reshiram.

Mewtwo-X looks like an good user of Scrappy and even maybe Guts (passive damage sux i know, but immunity to status + 1.5x boost to Attack when Huge/Pure Power will probably be banned is worth it).

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I think Protean is worthy of consideration for a number of reasons. Namely, it changes your type to your last used move, giving you STAB on any attack where you might not have had it before. Whether that activates before or after is a mystery to me. Secondly, since it changes your type, you can suddenly become resistant to whatever move the opponent hoped to use that might have been SE against you.

For example, Kyurem-W uses Secret Sword on an incoming Steel-type, turning itself into the Fighting-type and scaring away the Steel-type. Then it predicts an incoming Ghost-type and uses a Dark attack, and so on. You'd have to figure out a series of attacks that you could use in a cycle to constantly scare out checks as they come in. I'll leave that up to you.

Also, does Protean activate on any move (like Stealth Rocks, turning you into a Rock-type, hopefully during sandstorm,) or only direct attacks?

On this page:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-battle-mechanics-research.3489239/page-9

They say Protean works with any move (even non-damaging ones), and works before you deal damage, making it a REALLY good ability (when i first read Protean's description i thought it to be gimmick, but now i see great potencial on it).

Everything is STAB for you, you could even turn your Kyurem-B into a Steel-Type by using Shift Gear, then Close Combat, Bolt Strike, and son on, you could just pick the most powerful moves with sinergystic coverage and put them on the pokémon with higher Attack/Special Attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)