Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
As a heads up, this isn't actually true -- you can still local battle with mons with more than 510 EVs...I just verified it myself.

So, you know, it is possible for two trainers to battle using two X/Y cartridges and two 3DSs with mons with more than 510 EVs.
lololololol

This is absolutely and completely hilarious.

I just want you to know you gave V4 a mental breakdown.

[23:43:46] <&V4> Im done
[23:43:48] <&V4> verbatim
[23:43:53] <&V4> wake me up iin a month
[23:45:39] <&V4> Fucking
[23:45:41] <&V4> Done
[23:45:43] <&V4> With
[23:45:44] <&V4> Everything
[23:45:46] <&V4> Fuck people
[23:45:48] <&V4> Fuck life
[23:45:54] <&V4> Fuck Kaphotics most of all
[23:45:55] <&V4> ;-;

I can record a video later, I guess?

Not sure what kind of evidence would suffice here.
Yes, a video would be enough.

P.S. If you could also tell us if playing without team preview is possible in IR too (I'm guessing that's where >510EVs are usable?), that'd be great.

EV

Banned deucer.
I can already see the frothing masses.

Let's wait for the videos and confirmation before going buck-wild, though.

can we wait like 10 seconds before we cream ourselves about any announcement lol

I'm pretty sure Sciresm has no idea what he's talking about (no offense really). I'm going to take the word of moderators and in game researchers far before that of some random with 5> posts

Looks like I need to apologize here.

I must have failed to actually write to the cartridge when I checked earlier -- I rewrote to check just now and it failed like it should have (The Aegislash in the image have 255 to all EVs).

Sorry for the confusion I caused (and all the hopes I must have gotten up), and I'll need to check these things less poorly:

Looks like I need to apologize here.

I must have failed to actually write to the cartridge when I checked earlier -- I rewrote to check just now and it failed like it should have (The Aegislash in the image have 255 to all EVs).

Sorry for the confusion I caused (and all the hopes I must have gotten up), and I'll need to check these things less poorly:
New meta is here to stay then.

Last edited:

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
As a moderator of the OM room [on showdown], a person who recieves a few PMs regarding people's opinion on the matter, and a person who never plays BH, this is fucking hilarious. I'm not talking about the changes, yet how the people are reacting. There are many here that are voicing their opinion calmly, yet for the few that aren't, you made me laugh quite a bit the past few days.

Yet real talk: I feel bad for V4. A lot of people have been giving him shit, when it's not really his fault. Can we all try to talk about the changes, and not complain about them? You guys are acting like the people who don't know what smogon is complaining whenever something is banned from OU. Aight that's all of my opinions... I NOMINATE The Immortal FOR THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS!

As a moderator of the OM room [on showdown], a person who recieves a few PMs regarding people's opinion on the matter, and a person who never plays BH, this is fucking hilarious. I'm not talking about the changes, yet how the people are reacting. There are many here that are voicing their opinion calmly, yet for the few that aren't, you made me laugh quite a bit the past few days.

Yet real talk: I feel bad for V4. A lot of people have been giving him shit, when it's not really his fault. Can we all try to talk about the changes, and not complain about them? You guys are acting like the people who don't know what smogon is complaining whenever something is banned from OU. Aight that's all of my opinions... I NOMINATE The Immortal FOR THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS!
Well, to be fair, many BH players have been playing the Balanced Hackmons metagame for a long time and are outraged with the changes as they feel the implementation changed the metagame into quite the abomination. I do agree that people should stop blaming V4 though. If blame or anger should be directed somewhere, it should go to the policy of the Balanced Hackmons metagame instead. I for one went completely berserk when I found out about these changes as i've been contributing and playing in the BH metagame since the beginning. But that's enough! Let bygones be bygones! I URGE EVERYONE TO CALM DOWN!

As a new metagame dawns, new strategies will rise; as such, I hope people choose to be a part of it and continue to contribute to our most esteemed metagame.

Last edited:

hyw

Banned deucer.
Jeez that's fucking genius that solves almost everything, there are some flaws that come up in my head right off the bat but an EV limit totalling 0 would solve a lot of the problems resulting in the implementation of the 510 EV limit.

I mean, while in the grand scheme of things, I didnt see why we had to force the 510 limit on BH in the first place, making a second change to a limit of 0 would, in the end, preserve the resemblance to the original BH before the 510 limit. BUT that just brings us back to why the hell we bothered with the first limit to start with. xD

After having a few battles with the new rules, I've noticed a few things.
-None of my previous sets, bar shedinja and maybe tentacruel are still really viable.
-Due to the fact that the entire maetagame is now much less bulky, I don't have to worry about PH regigas living shedinja's e-speed any more.
-Double Shedinja doesn''t work as well.
-Triple Shedinja is even worse.
-It's overall not as bad as I thought, but I still don't like it.
That being said, I apologize in advance if I offend anyone in saying this, but I am honestly more than a little bit ticked off at regular hackmons being allowed to ignore this new rule. I get that they are all about anything goes, but so was BH, with the exception of a few abilities that were just too broken.

Also, on the subject of no evs, I actually like that a bit, in a weird, evil, rebellious sort of way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)