Ladder Balanced Hackmons

There are no gender related viable moves or abilities, but its still optimal to have every one of your pokemon genderless just in case you run into that one low ladder guy using attract or something. There isn't any benefit to having your pokemon be a gender, and there might be that 1 in a million battles where having a gender is a hindrance.

So what do you think about the new released pokemon Magiana in BH? It is speculated to be steel/fairy which is one of the best type combination, all it needs now is good defensive stats and decent hp (gdi diancie, if only you had 80 hp ._.) it might be able to be a decent check to ates, and a non passive one at that since it's stabs are super effective against the current main ate users. I'm thinking 80/130/130 defenses and it should be good to go. Wouldn't mind 120 defenses as long as it has 80+ hp personally. 100/100/100 would be really nice too.

I think a RegenVest would be viable on it with moonblast/bullet punch/u-turn/flash cannon or something, I just added flash cannon but there are other moves that could be good on it such as doom desire, dragon tail, knock off, sacred fire, etc.

Here is the announcement in serebii if you don't believe me

http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/10-February-2016.shtml

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So what do you think about the new released pokemon Magiana in BH? It is speculated to be steel/fairy which is one of the best type combination, all it needs now is good defensive stats and decent hp (gdi diancie, if only you had 80 hp ._.) it might be able to be a decent check to ates, and a non passive one at that since it's stabs are super effective against the current main ate users. I'm thinking 80/130/130 defenses and it should be good to go. Wouldn't mind 120 defenses as long as it has 80+ hp personally. 100/100/100 would be really nice too.

I think a RegenVest would be viable on it with moonblast/bullet punch/u-turn/flash cannon or something, I just added flash cannon but there are other moves that could be good on it such as doom desire, dragon tail, knock off, sacred fire, etc.

Here is the announcement in serebii if you don't believe me

http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/10-February-2016.shtml
Woah, I feel that we need a bit more information before we can even start talking about Magiana competitively, let alone in BH

Ah, alright I'll wait out a little bit longer until the stats and types are confirmed for discussion. I'm just hoping it has good defenses and for GameFreak to not pull off another diancie and give this mon 50 base hp, then it could be a nice ate check that isn't passive.

Just hoping it's better than pixilate klefki because I've used that before and it's damage output is ridiculously bad.

Steel / fairy is a pretty good ate type since you resist other ates and stab bp / espeed can ohko ray or diancie.

Though tbh magiana doesn't even look like a final evo.

So I've been playing a bit of mid ladder (1500-1600) BH and someone used an interesting prankster copycat aegislash (I still won) but then I decided I would like to fool around with it since it seems quite fun. After good couple of games I decided I might as well share it, so here is the set I use based off his one. All credits go to him/whoever originally thought of it.

Giratina @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Copycat
- Shadow Force
- Recover / Draco Meteor
- Substitute / Destiny Bond / Spore / Parting Shot

(Can be origin too I guess, if you like more power over bulk)

So as you can tell, it's an offensive giratina. It has several neat functions such as revenge killing mewtwos, mega gengars, contrary mons that use draco meteor, etc.

The main function is you shadow force and then copycat. Rinse and repeat. Giratina is slow, so after you copycat your shadow force, you are most likely to go last, and unless the opponent has priority, they can't touch you after you finish one shadow force.

It can revenge kill mewtwo and gengars by copycating their judgment, and with a spooky plate you get your own ghost judgment, which is a nice function (especially since ghost/fighting coverage has barely any resists so instead of using audino or yveltal to check it, you can soft check it with this instead.)

You still have 2 more moves lots for your prankster needs after shadow force + copycat, so this giratina can also serve as a support, able to run everything prankster users normally run such as parting shot, spore, destiny bond, or substitute to copycat a different move (and punish king shielders, particularly gengar and mewtwo if they decide to not attack you. If you sub then you can still revenge kill them).

Or you can opt for draco meteor if you want more power.

Here are some replays from 1450+ to show a little bit of what it can do, I aw just fooling around with a mono giratina team. The opponents are not too experienced I would personally say but it should do.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-336415374
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-336419502

Oh, I might as well put the team here, I took about 7 minutes building it so Im aware there are some glaring issues like tyranitar and audino (perish trap this gay dino) but it is just a fun team after all.

Giratina @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Force
- Recover
- Copycat

Giratina @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Copycat
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Force
- Recover

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Whirlwind
- Will-O-Wisp
- King's Shield
- U-turn

Giratina @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Roost
- Judgment
- Earth Power

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Mean Look
- Recover
- King's Shield

Giratina @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Recover
- U-turn

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
May I ask why doesnt this get a new thread? This one is REALL cluttered atm and for newcomers its hard to find where the current convo starts.

imgres.jpg

Oh all jokes aside, what r u thinking rotom-w isn't bh viable?!

worry not lone traveler, room-w is actually a neat gem me and Kingslayer2779 spent.... dozens of minutes trying to unmask its viability and place in bh and we succeeded, we bring u mega ray counter rotom-w

Ethan bradberry (Rotom-Wash) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recycle
- Recover
- Nuzzle
- Ice Beam

252 Atk Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 97-114 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 90.1% chance to 3HKO oh wow gj rotomw

4 SpA Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 74-87 (24.3 - 28.6%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO keep it up, proud of u

Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. Soundproof Rotom-W: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time base lord

tl;dr rotom-w is of the upmost viability and because of is existence as a mega rya counter it shouldn't be banned, please like my comment
Oh all jokes aside, what r u thinking rotom-w isn't bh viable?!

worry not lone traveler, room-w is actually a neat gem me and Kingslayer2779 spent.... dozens of minutes trying to unmask its viability and place in bh and we succeeded, we bring u mega ray counter rotom-w

Ethan bradberry (Rotom-Wash) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recycle
- Recover
- Nuzzle
- Ice Beam

252 Atk Life Orb Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 97-114 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 90.1% chance to 3HKO oh wow gj rotomw

4 SpA Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 74-87 (24.3 - 28.6%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO keep it up, proud of u

Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. Soundproof Rotom-W: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time base lord

tl;dr rotom-w is of the upmost viability and because of is existence as a mega rya counter it shouldn't be banned, please like my comment

Last edited:

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
well here's a nice (serious) counter/check to -ates i guess

Metagross-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Recover

You can switch in to virtually any Kyurem, Diancie, or Rayquaza set, barring something like specs Earth Power or Blue Flare

252 SpA Mega Diancie Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Mega Metagross: 194-230 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 252-300 (104.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Mega Metagross: 239-282 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Metagross Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 468-552 (134 - 158.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Metagross: 174-205 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO
44+ Atk Mega Metagross Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 336-400 (74.5 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 134-162 (29.7 - 35.9%) -- 30.7% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
FEAR has been a massive troll in competitive battles, and now one of the worst Pokemon in the world is one of them.

Thanks to Balanced Hackmons, not only can magikarp fear sweep, but at full health.

The Karp I have been using to ruin many players days is this:

Magikarp lv.1 @ Focus sash

Moves:
Dark Void
Endeavor
Extreme Speed
Dragon rage

Put no EV's on it, doesn't need it.

With prankster Dark Void, Karp can avoid all damage, and use endeavor. Next turn, he can kill with dragon rage, due to being level 1. If he misses, the sash should help. Then Karp can use extreme speed.

If Magikarp can do this now, get ready for a bunch of similar fear pokemon. Have fun! :3

Illusio

Bold and Brash
FEAR has been a massive troll in competitive battles, and now one of the worst Pokemon in the world is one of them.

Thanks to Balanced Hackmons, not only can magikarp fear sweep, but at full health.

The Karp I have been using to ruin many players days is this:

Magikarp lv.1 @ Focus sash

Moves:
Dark Void
Endeavor
Extreme Speed
Dragon rage

Put no EV's on it, doesn't need it.

With prankster Dark Void, Karp can avoid all damage, and use endeavor. Next turn, he can kill with dragon rage, due to being level 1. If he misses, the sash should help. Then Karp can use extreme speed.

If Magikarp can do this now, get ready for a bunch of similar fear pokemon. Have fun! :3
There's absolutely no reason to use Magikarp in BH, especially with that set.

If you absolutely must have a FEAR 'mon, then use Sturdinja.

Your set loses to a lot of common threats, such as Magic Bounce, other Prankster Pokemon, and Fakespeed. Magic Bounce is unaffected by Dark Void, Prankster can status you before you can status them, and Fakespeed outspeeds Prankster. On the other hand, Sturdinja doesn't need to rely on sleep gimmicks and can repeatedly use its Sturdy.

well here's a nice (serious) counter/check to -ates i guess

Metagross-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Recover

You can switch in to virtually any Kyurem, Diancie, or Rayquaza set, barring something like specs Earth Power or Blue Flare

252 SpA Mega Diancie Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Mega Metagross: 194-230 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 252-300 (104.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Mega Metagross: 239-282 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Metagross Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 468-552 (134 - 158.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Metagross: 174-205 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO
44+ Atk Mega Metagross Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 336-400 (74.5 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 134-162 (29.7 - 35.9%) -- 30.7% chance to 3HKO
The problem is, though, a considerable amount of them use Scared Fire and the less prominent Searing Shot.

252+ Atk Kyurem Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 170-200 (46.7 - 54.9%)

4 SpA Mega Rayquaza Searing Shot vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Mega Metagross: 184-218 (50.5 - 59.8%)

It is not fun to lose ~60% of your health and then be burned. Especially with KyuB, if you're burned, you can't possibly KO it, but it will 2HKO you with Sacred Fire and a burn.

I'm not even talking about the chancy V-Create that an increasing number of them have started using.

Last edited:
The problem is, though, a considerable amount of them use Scared Fire and the less prominent Searing Shot.

252+ Atk Kyurem Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 170-200 (46.7 - 54.9%)

4 SpA Mega Rayquaza Searing Shot vs. 252 HP / 212 SpD Mega Metagross: 184-218 (50.5 - 59.8%)

It is not fun to lose ~60% of your health and then be burned. Especially with KyuB, if you're burned, you can't possibly KO it, but it will 2HKO you with Sacred Fire and a burn.

I'm not even talking about the chancy V-Create that an increasing number of them have started using.
Even more than that, there is Magma Storm, which everyone and their dog runs these days. That also traps you and allows them to deal another 24% with trapping damage, giving uninvested mray a chance to ko you from 84%.

These are a few sets I've had good experience with:-

Scizor-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Megahorn
- Waterfall

Primordial Sea removes Mega-Scizor's only weakness and Shift Gear helps him to start sweeping.

Metagross-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 8 HP / 148 Atk / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Leaf Storm

Fairly self-explanatory. Contrary makes Mega-Metagross knock out and set up at the same time. I tend to see people run Contrary Mega-Sceptile but I've had better luck with this.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Inferno
- Hurricane
- Dynamic Punch
- Zap Cannon

My usual lead, Deoxy-S will outspeed everything. Zap Cannon lets fast threats get slowed with PRZ, while Inferno can stop a set-up and cripple physical attackers with BRN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)