BH Balanced Hackmons

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Is marshadow useable in BH?

i'd also like to mention that Ash-greninja can exist without getting a kill and run protean or whatever the fuck it wants

Edit: seems like protean is banned, but adapability and stuff still exists
Yes, Marshadow is usable, although barely viable.

Use Water Bubble Ash-Ninja if anything. Or whatever that Malicious Moonsault spam set is. Until they get banned.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
That Lunala set looks cool, but I'd suggest running Spooky Plate Judgement and Secret Sword instead of Moongeist Beam and Fist Plate Judgement. It makes it imposterproof and able to hit Chansey that aren't Imposter. Moongeist doesn't really help against anything without boosts or ability immunities (i.e. nothing for ghost). Well there's Shedinja... I suppose that it depends what you care about killing more. Shedinja dies to innards out anyway.

The Gyarados set looks neat. Marshadow would like to not be locked into a 1 pp move IMO, and Adaptability doesn't effect Sssss anyway.
Secret sword is really lackluster and misses on important kills such as teetar. Plus there's not much point being chansey proof to yourself since chansey will also have innards out meaning killing it will kill you too. I'd rather just send in a dark that can kill with residual damage.

Orangutan I'm not trying to argue either, just saying Escal vs Ferrothorn really isn't a good highlight of its capabilities or limitations outside of saying Ferrothorn counters Escal. ...and probably vice versa in that situation.

Ashihiro I don't see a problem with Comatose itself. Comatose + Sleep Talk though is just painful to watch and is dredging up bad memories of sleep-phaze in Gen V.

Also, I'm waiting for someone to come along tell us the combination isn't broken and to suck it up and just use Magic Bounce Mimikyu on every team to stop it.

Also if anyone else wants to throw some 'Cool, but really dumb' theorymon sets out I'll give those a try too.
I think this fits into that category:

Raticate-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spider Web
- False Swipe
- Double Kick
- Assist

Rattata
Ability: Run Away
- Strength Sap
- Substitute
- Shell Smash

In theory, this demolishes a typical Deoxys-spam team while losing to literally everything else. Most leads I've seem on Deoxys-spam teams have some combination of Shell Smash/Genesis Supernova/10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt/Oceanic Operetta/Moongeist Beam/[some other Psychic-type attack], which means this Alolan Rattata can trap it and set up until Deoxys runs out of power points. If you can successfully set up three shell smashes and a substitute* by using Assist, then you can guaranteed OHKO all of the opposing Deoxys with Double Kick, and guaranteed 2HKO with False Swipe + Double Kick the token Chansey that many Deoxys-spam teams have (without needing to worry about Chansey transforming with Imposter or killing you with Innards Out). You just have to be able to predict when they'll send in their Chansey, otherwise Innards Out could still kill you, but if you can pull that off, you can beat just about any Deoxys-spam team with a pair of rats.

You said you wanted cool but really dumb ideas; I think this clearly qualifies as really dumb, but if you can pull off a win with it against a good Deoxys-spam player, it will also qualify as really cool.

*(Substitute might not be necessary, since Deoxys-spam teams are more likely to have Innards Out Chansey than Imposter Chansey, but it's still useful in case one of their Deoxys happens to know Extreme Speed, and it also means you don't automatically lose if you use False Swipe against Deoxys when you mistakenly think Innards Out Chansey is going to switch in)

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

This is a beastly sweeper that can rip through teams if you let it. No boosting item needed, so simply shell smash, power trip and not worry about priority through queenly majesty.

just be careful of imposter blissey/chansey. which one of those is better, by the way?

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

This is a beastly sweeper that can rip through teams if you let it. No boosting item needed, so simply shell smash, power trip and not worry about priority through queenly majesty.

just be careful of imposter blissey/chansey. which one of those is better, by the way?
Imo imposter chansey is better in all cases due to improved bulk with eviolite or wall breaking chances with lucky punch, and any other set benefits (slightly) from bluffing one of those two items plus fur coat/innards out chansey is more common so it adds some uncertainty from team preview.

FYI try running psychic fangs over Zen headbutt due to increased power and better accuracy with a somewhat useful effect - if you don't mind losing the flinch.

Um I'll just cover the obvious issues and leave actual team building to other (better) players:
Imposter wants some other moves (fake out, defog, final gambit that kinda thing)
Steam eruption > hydro pump unless there is a reason you don't want to burn
Have you tried running normalise mega gengar with entrainment? (can be used multiple times unlike skill swap) with a spooky plate judgement which remains ghost type even with normalise, but of course you lose your sash and look out for knock off
Giratina looks like it should have some kinda recovery outside of lefties and something like encore could help you set up another mon easier
Chandelure seems pretty bad tbh I'm sure plenty of people have posted better contrary sets somewhere

Also just thought this probably isn't the right thread to post that kinda thing so maybe some helpful user can point you to a more suitable place?

thanks, didn't know psychic fangs existed lol. definitely worth it over the flinch because if something lives in order to flinch, you're doing it wrong.

this is my first proper BH team:

shrek (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs

Suecra (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Defog
- Haze
- Heal Bell

ganger (Gengar-Mega) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
- Toxic

Genji (Greninja-Ash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Bubble
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Night Daze
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

bless (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Transform

muahahahah (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost

(yes, my nicknames are stupid.)

i'm planning to change the blissey to a chansey, but does anyone have any other suggestions?
It's a better idea to post on this on the RMT side of the forum where someone will be able to help you out. But if you want an honest opinion on this team, it's not very good. Make an RMT in the RMT forum & I'll help you out (just make sure you adhere to the rules of that forum). :toast:

Some people were talking about Technichan and this is a set I've been using occasionally

Tentacruel Black Sludge
Technician
Snarl
Water Pulse
Acid Spray
Shore Up
252 Special Attack
248 Speed
8 Special Defense

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Some people were talking about Technichan and this is a set I've been using occasionally

Tentacruel Black Sludge
Technician
Snarl
Water Pulse
Acid Spray
Shore Up
252 Special Attack
248 Speed
8 Special Defense
Why run Tentacruel? It's just too weak for a BH environment. Acid Spray is also the only move I'd consider running out of those ones. To be honest, I'd rather run Primal Kyogre or Greninja-Ash on the water type side and Mega Gengar on the poison type side. Even without STAB

252+ SpA Technician Kyogre-Primal Acid Spray vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 92-109 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Technician Tentacruel Acid Spray vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 78-93 (22.8 - 27.2%) -- 49.2% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Technician Tentacruel Water Shuriken (15 BP) (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 150-180 (43.9 - 52.7%) -- approx. 8.2% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Technician Gengar-Mega Water Shuriken (15 BP) (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 150-180 (43.9 - 52.7%) -- approx. 9% chance to 2HKO

Not that these are the sets I'm suggesting but I gtg now and will add more later

LATER:
Kyogre-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Bubble / Technician
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Shuriken
- Steam Eruption / Acid Spray
- Core Enforcer / Shore Up / Frost Breath
This is probably the best Water shuriken-er in the game (Water Shuriken > Water Pulse, otherwise just use Steam Eruption or Origin Pulse if you don't want to burn). I slashed Technician but really, Water Bubble is so OP that there's barely any reason not to use it.

Gengar-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Acid Spray
- Vacuum Wave
- Quiver Dance

This is the best I could come up with for a poison type user. And it definitely has better sets, like this.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Entrainment
- Anchor Shot
- Quiver Dance

or this
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate / Focus Sash / Safety Goggles
Ability: Dazzling
Timid Nature
- Judgment (Use Spooky Plate if this) / Moongeist Beam (if imposterproofing is done by something else already, for instance I had Unaware Mega Audino on my team)
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Spore

EDIT EDIT:
If you're really deadset on using Technician use the technician pheromosa set imo

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
- Pin Missile
- Storm Throw
- U-turn
- Icicle Spear / Frost Breath

Last edited:
I did not find the right place for this, so I'll ask here. What are you thinking of Comatose in the current meta? I have found it quite annoying to play matches that a Deoxys-speed sleep talk spams and simply can not be stopped for some reason that Dragon Tail does not fall on fairies.

this is from a while ago but an imposter chansey/bliss helps too. it's just winning the speed tie.

Here's a 'cool but dumb' set that probably sucks.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Leftovers / Safety Goggles / Lum Berry
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough / Icicle Spear / Sunsteel Strike
- Dynamic Punch
- Substitute
- Coil

Use coil to boost up dat accuracy so dynamic punch has a chance of hitting and then use confusion hax to sweep to victory.
First move can be changed depending on whether you hate deo spam or unaware or if you just want power.

Here's a 'cool but dumb' set that probably sucks.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Leftovers / Safety Goggles / Lum Berry
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough / Icicle Spear / Sunsteel Strike
- Dynamic Punch
- Substitute
- Coil

Use coil to boost up dat accuracy so dynamic punch has a chance of hitting and then use confusion hax to sweep to victory.
First move can be changed depending on whether you hate deo spam or unaware or if you just want power.
With haze, spectral thief, imposter, heart swap, etc. running around the meta, you are much better off just running no guard with the other low acc 100% chance status and coverage moves for ghosts/threats.

I've noticed a lot of people using shore up on their pokemon over recover, is this to do with the prevalence of primal groudon making shore up recover more hp, and it having 16pp, or is there another thing I'm missing?

Shore Up is exactly as good as Recover in all scenarios except in Sand, where it's better. There's literally no reason not to run it outside of obscure Imprison shenanigans.

Jajoken said:
Shore Up is exactly as good as Recover in all scenarios except in Sand, where it's better. There's literally no reason not to run it outside of obscure Imprison shenanigans.
Ok i wasn't aware of how the mechanics worked i just assumed it was similar to synthesis or morning sun, thanks for the clarification.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Do I have to ask someone if I can make vr? I think that the metagame has begun to develop enough that at least the first version of a vr can now be made.
If my memory is right you would need to post the thread itself in the submissions forum first, similar to how you would an Other Metagame.
I'd recommend asking around in the OMs room on PS for what should go in which rank before that, though

I have been playing this mode for the past few days and unless i am wrong, does hyper offense win the most here? there are so many obscure abilities i dont know the use of

What is the current best set for MTyranitar,MLuke and Reshiram?

How do i beat a 5 PGroudon Assist+Chansey team?

What is this Mgengar set that combines secret sword and judgement and makes it impossible to imposter back?

Any broken Z-moves i should know of?

Any odd ability interactions? i noticed "Disguise" doesnt work here

I have been playing this mode for the past few days and unless i am wrong, does hyper offense win the most here? there are so many obscure abilities i dont know the use of

What is this Mgengar set that combines secret sword and judgement and makes it impossible to imposter back?

MTyranitar has a lot of sets, but I'm personally fond of Simple Shell Smash/Power Trip/Sunsteel Strike/Filler, which just demolishes most stall. You can then make it imposter resistant with Unaware Gyarados-Mega.

Run a dark type or psychic terrain mon for the prankster ones, and a strong special attacker for the others. You can sorta fulfill both of these with stuff like Psychic Terrain MMY. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a less viable but more reliable answer, something like Flying Multiattack Primordial Sea/Flash Fire Swadloon Buzzwole with recovery should 6-0 them.

Any ability, with Spooky Plate Judgement, Secret sword, and status moves (Like Spore or shell smash or Kings sheild). If Mold Breaker, Pursuit is weak enough to stay imposterproof and still be good for shedinja, but otherwise you can use resisted/immune attacks such as Sludge Wave and Boomburst. Since chansey has eviolite instead of Spooky Plate, judgement is normal and cannot hit you.

Genesis Supernova is pretty broken, but all of them are dangerous.

Disguise is a form change, so is restricted to Mimikyu. The same goes for Zen Mode, Flower Gift, Stance Change, and similar abilities.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball

Hey DarkAtma and welcome to BH!

I'm not the greatest mind in BH so I won't try to answer all you questions, but I'll take a shot at some of them

Out of these three only Mega Tyranitar is really any good. Reshiram has a Contrary set with V-Create, Overheat, Draco Meteor, and Filler (Leaf Storm for waters, Moongeist Beam for Unawares, etc.) but basically every team has an answer to it and it requires a slot to imposterproof it.

Mega Tyranitar has a number of sets, one I like is a Poison Heal set up sweeper

Tyranitar-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Shift Gear
- Diamond Storm
- Power Trip

The speed evs outspeed up to 252+ speed Pheromosa at +2, max attack, and put the rest in hp. Spiky Shield is both to make sure Toxic Orb activates and to stall turns to wait for healing. Shift Gear is your basic physical bulky boosting move, Diamond Storm has a nice chance to boost Defense, and Power Trip can get you past some Unaware mons. Something new this generation is that Mega Tyranitar is immune to Prankster moves that target it, so it doesnt have to worry about Topsy-Turvy as much (still watch out for Haze though, as it's a field effect).

Other Tyranitar sets include regenvest (I think? Better players back me up on this) and Water Absorb (specifically as a Water Bubble counter).
I've unfortunately never seen Mega Lucario so I can't talk about it. It seems kind of subpar though.

If the Groudon are all Prankster any Dark type is immune, and Dazzling or Psychic Surge pokemon are also immune. Faster mons like Greninja-Ash with Water Shuriken can blow past the Groudons easily. If they don't have prankster, and instead have say, Water Absorb, Desolate Land, or Dazzling and Choice Scarf, a faster scarfed mon beats them theoretically, or you could set up a shift gear on some bulky mon that lives a hit. There's also a (really bad) meme in flash fire Swadloon that HeadsILoseTailsYouWin used last generation, but I'd steer you away from that :P.

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash / Quiver Dance
- Spore / Leech Seed / Infestation

This isn't the only set, the important moves here are Judgement and Secret Sword, as Gengar is immune to both of them on imposters (unless the imposter carries Spooky Plate, which is not unheard of). The last move either kills Shedinja or gives it opportunities to set up. And of course the third move is your set up of choice. If you run infestation I'd recommend Quiver Dance, otherwise Shell Smash. But that's just me.

i noticed "Disguise" doesnt work here
Disguise is hard-coded to Mimikyu, because it's a forme change. Zen Mode, Power Construct, Schooling, and other things like that also don't work. Dark Void and Hyperspace Fury are also hard-coded.

Mostly watch out for Genesis Supernova and Psychic spam in general, it's really strong right now. All Z moves that aren't 1 bp are really good though.

SMH I just noticed Quantum Tesseract already replied to this but I put work into this so it's going up anyway :mad:

Hey DarkAtma and welcome to BH!

I'm not the greatest mind in BH so I won't try to answer all you questions, but I'll take a shot at some of them

Out of these three only Mega Tyranitar is really any good. Reshiram has a Contrary set with V-Create, Overheat, Draco Meteor, and Filler (Leaf Storm for waters, Moongeist Beam for Unawares, etc.) but basically every team has an answer to it and it requires a slot to imposterproof it.

Mega Tyranitar has a number of sets, one I like is a Poison Heal set up sweeper

Tyranitar-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Shift Gear
- Diamond Storm
- Power Trip

The speed evs outspeed up to 252+ speed Pheromosa at +2, max attack, and put the rest in hp. Spiky Shield is both to make sure Toxic Orb activates and to stall turns to wait for healing. Shift Gear is your basic physical bulky boosting move, Diamond Storm has a nice chance to boost Defense, and Power Trip can get you past some Unaware mons. Something new this generation is that Mega Tyranitar is immune to Prankster moves that target it, so it doesnt have to worry about Topsy-Turvy as much (still watch out for Haze though, as it's a field effect).

Other Tyranitar sets include regenvest (I think? Better players back me up on this) and Water Absorb (specifically as a Water Bubble counter).
I've unfortunately never seen Mega Lucario so I can't talk about it. It seems kind of subpar though.

If the Groudon are all Prankster any Dark type is immune, and Dazzling or Psychic Surge pokemon are also immune. Faster mons like Greninja-Ash with Water Shuriken can blow past the Groudons easily. If they don't have prankster, and instead have say, Water Absorb, Desolate Land, or Dazzling and Choice Scarf, a faster scarfed mon beats them theoretically, or you could set up a shift gear on some bulky mon that lives a hit. There's also a (really bad) meme in flash fire Swadloon that HeadsILoseTailsYouWin used last generation, but I'd steer you away from that :P.

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash / Quiver Dance
- Spore / Leech Seed / Infestation

This isn't the only set, the important moves here are Judgement and Secret Sword, as Gengar is immune to both of them on imposters (unless the imposter carries Spooky Plate, which is not unheard of). The last move either kills Shedinja or gives it opportunities to set up. And of course the third move is your set up of choice. If you run infestation I'd recommend Quiver Dance, otherwise Shell Smash. But that's just me.

Disguise is hard-coded to Mimikyu, because it's a forme change. Zen Mode, Power Construct, Schooling, and other things like that also don't work. Dark Void and Hyperspace Fury are also hard-coded.

Mostly watch out for Genesis Supernova and Psychic spam in general, it's really strong right now. All Z moves that aren't 1 bp are really good though.

SMH I just noticed Quantum Tesseract already replied to this but I put work into this so it's going up anyway :mad:

Heya thanks for all the info and useful reply! i tend to change something every 2-3 battles i am still unsure what my team comp is best at, i am usually undecided in my sixth mon

my current tactic is to spread poison spikes,switching into TTar or lugia if i can stall anything and let other members sweep if i get the chance

Imposter Zygardam to reverse a sweep

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Roost
- Taunt

Lucario-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- Extreme Speed
- Shell Smash

Aggron-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Recover

Reshiram @ Safety Goggles
Ability: No Guard
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Zap Cannon
- Shell Smash
- Hypnosis

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
- Eruption
- Water Spout
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer

Tyranitar-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Crunch
- Spectral Thief
- Earthquake

Also, I'm waiting for someone to come along tell us the combination isn't broken and to suck it up and just use Magic Bounce Mimikyu on every team to stop it.
It's really not broken, but not because Magic Bounce Mimikyu stops it. It's not broken because of how many ways it's vulnerable; you've got Magic Bouncers who stop Whirlwind/Roar, you have Pranksters to do things like Taunt or whatever, you've got Triage, you've got -ate fakespeed which is still so amazing for dealing with runaway sweepers, you have Magic Guard/Regenerator who literally do not care about hazards, you have anything with priority, etc. It's annoying, but certainly no more broken than, say, Contrary.

Also, the testing on Belly Drum Escavalier went well; I elected to run Dazzling over Psychic Terrain because it isn't immediately obvious (and because Mold Breaker priority is typically Extremespeed rather than Sucker Punch) but that's the only change I made to the set earlier in the thread. I ran it with Shell Smash Mega Lucario and Magnet Pull Lunala to try and lure out Chansey (Lucario used a Ghost Memory and Multi-Attack) to clear a path for the Bely Drum sweep.

It... actually wasn't as bad as it might have been. Nobody expected the Spore when I bought it in, so I had a lot of things try and set up on me if I lead with it; I had like three or four Normalise Gengar try and pull shenanigans only to get Spored first turn. After that it was basically a question of how long the Pokemon stayed asleep; if it had a one-turn sleep then Escavalier tended to die after Belly Drumming, but if it slept for two then I got up the Trick Room and usually killed two or three mons no problem. I think the only Pokemon that actually lived a +6 Belly Drum the entire time was a Giratina that might well have been Fur Coat. It also managed to pick off a couple of Triage Megaray that thought it was an easy target before it boosted, plus one Shell Smash Mega Gengar that I'd previously discovered had Safety Goggles.

Unfortunately, I suspect that a Swords Dance variation is superior, mostly due to having more than half its health to try and set up a Trick Room with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)